Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I hope not, but I fear there are probably a few nut cases who are actually religious NT psychologists... They must be a very unhealthy bunch! :sad:

The only, more or less, religious INTP psychologist whom I respect is Carl Gustav Jung, and that's not because he's religious (I disagree with his religious and/or occult ideas).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just edited my first post. I was referring to Christianity not occultism when i wrote 'religious'.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
yes.
next question.

Reactions: tooboku

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think a true neutral NT stance is that there is no proof to why there is or is not a God(s) (religion) therefore you cannot prove its existence or non-existence. Spending valuable time proving why an entity exists in space is absolutely a waste of time. I don't care if NT's are religious because NT's don't shove their beliefs down other people's throats. I believe it is natural for an NT to question its own self's existence and accept it. They do not go out to boast and persuade others of the existence.

So in essence, a Christian NT psychologist is possible but that psychologist will practice as if it is just a psychologist, nothing more such as using "in the name of God," to conduct everyday activities or persuade others. I guess this is the NT's let live and live attitude?

I could be wrong...

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think a true neutral NT stance is that there is no proof to why there is or is not a God(s) (religion) therefore you cannot prove its existence or non-existence. Spending valuable time proving why an entity exists in space is absolutely a waste of time. I don't care if NT's are religious because NT's don't shove their beliefs down other people's throats. I believe it is natural for an NT to question its own self's existence and accept it. They do not go out to boast and persuade others of the existence.
I agree with you, only one thing that needs to be denoted, is that we like to get on people's nerves, just for the lulz, and religion is one good way to achieve that.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Carl Rogers, the creator of the humanistic field of psychology, Nobel Prize winner, and one of the bigger recognized contributors to psychology studied to become a minister before entering psychology. He believed he could help people through psych more significantly than as a minister, so he began focusing on psychology. Carl Rogers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He may not be NT, knowyourtype.com has him listed as ENFP. The Myers-Briggs Personality Types of Famous Persons, Famous MBTI Personality Types

·
mafia mod
13,335 Posts
I'm a Christian NT and was studying to be a shrink. Though most Christian NTs would go into pastoral counseling.

I didnt pursue it further, cause I didnt like the field.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
On one hand, I see no reason why one couldn't exist. Being an NT and being religious are not mutually exclusive. On the other hand, I've never actually found one, nor a study which found one, probably because people don't do studies on questions this specific/irrelevant.

So it's a big fat "I don't know" :tongue:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts