Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does religiousness exist as a word? i don't care xDD
hahaha

Are you my friend INFPs very religious? what are your onlooks on religion? what do you think? explain carefully in case you can. what you feel towards the religious, spiritual world?
I want to mix them two, because they go hand in hand but at times, people separate it.
I think our world, lacks of spirituality, and that's a bad, bad deal. We forget about our souls and what makes us human, and we head for science, and being all right, and we forget about us. T.T. even myself.
how do i do? besides, I'm so afraid my man's going to leave lately...

Have you ever been religious? do you have any problem based in religious, social concepts you've been given? explain your own history.
Personally, I was very religious at the age of 13, but I find that really, I have always been very spiritual, and I believe in a lot of things people don't, but if we can sense it, ain't we true? why not being crazy? ;

·
Registered
79 Posts
I respect religion, but don't personally follow one. At some point I am going to read up on various religions and take some from each to create my own belief system.

I'm somewhat biased against Christianity, due to past experiences. My stepmom is heavily religious (Christian) and is a completely different person in public than she is at home. I haven't seen her in years, but any time I got home I would run straight to my room as to not have to deal with her. The sound of footsteps coming down the hallway would send fear through my veins at the thought of that bitch bitching about some stupid stuff again. She was an incredibly unhappy person, and her bad moods rubbed off on the entire house, so everyone was always angry. Anyway, back to the topic. She made me hate religion and so for a while I considered myself an Atheist. I have learned a lot since then, and don't consider myself Atheist, just temporarily without religion.

But I do consider the mission I'm on to become my ideal self spiritual.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I'm a Muslim and a very moderate one. (Too moderate when I think about it).

I won't recommend anyone looking at me as a good example of a Muslim.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I describe myself as "loosely Christian". My father is Christian, my brother is Buddhist and my mother and sister are both atheists. My mother has probably had the most influence on me religiously and like h4zmat she ended up an atheist because of extremely religious parents. However I did also attend a Christian Primary School.

Quite luckily I think, I have otherwise been totally free to believe whatever I wish. I've ended up with my own view on faith.

I do believe in God, Jesus and the afterlife, but at the same time I don't attend church, I rarely pray and I don't believe most of the bible. My faith isn't unshakable either. I do wish that I was more sure but honestly I just can't be sure, so the idea of what could happen after death absolutely terrifies me. I also am not sure how hell or the devil could even exist. If god is forgiving and Jesus died to we could all go to heaven how could there be a place of eternal suffering? And man is surely evil enough to make the devil defunct...

Anyway so I do not follow the tenets of any church, but I do identify to what I believe Christianity is supposed to stand for. Tolerance, kindness and doing the right thing, and that's what I try to live my life by.

I think faith is something entirely personal and as long as people don't do something I consider morally unjustifiable then I am quite content to leave people how they are and normally don't think anyone should force their beliefs on anyone.

I do also however have great problems with specific sub-groups of religions. I'm fairly sure all the major religions are based on the same ideals of morality; so people who twist religion to their own twisted view and disregard what faith should stand for are quite horrible in my eyes.

To take one from Christianity, the Westboro Baptist Church, I don't see how they can be seen as anything other than evil. Earlier in the year Ronnie James Dio died and they crashed his funeral of all things! And why? Because he was a famous heavy metal star. They acted repugnantly because they were too ignorant to know anything about the man. Everyone should get to rest in peace. It's people like this that impact religion negatively, which I think is quite sad.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I believe in God and Jesus, I guess that makes me a Christian.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I really can't say what I am, when people ask me what religion I am I just say I'm kinda on the fence... I'm just open to anything at this point...so I want a religion I just don't know where to lay my cards... I used to be Christian but then I realized I was only saying I was because my parents were but I really knew nothing much about it except the stuff everyone knows and you don't remember when you learned it since it's been drilled in a lot of our brains at a real early age... I don't think religion is a bad thing I think it can probably be the most beautiful thing mankind has ever created (or discovered), but at the same time the worse one too

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I am best described loosely as a holistically oriented pantheist. I believe in an existential paradigm that is able to unite the different approaches of the major religions of the world with our current scientific understanding.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm a Christian. I think faith transcends religion. A person can do everything that looks right to fit their religion, but lack the actual faith that fills it--without it, religion is an empty shell.

So, to answer your question, I prefer to view myself as possessing a strong faith (spirituality) as opposed to being very religious. And I try my best to reflect this through the way I live.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm an atheist. In the interest of social justice and the well-being of the general population, I am not a huge fan of religion. Basically, from an anthropological view, religion is how hierarchy and a particular worldview are reinforced in a culture. Psychologically speaking, a community with most of the same views will only become more extreme in their views being around each other. The whole thing is very dangerous and makes me uneasy. Certainly, religion has been a hostile influence in my life. It took me a long time to learn that not all people who are religious are evil. I've come to accept that people who are religious are just doing what they are supposed to do as members of culture, and I am the one who is deviating from the norm, and I can't really blame them for doing exactly as they are supposed to.

To me, the highest power I know of is love - it connects me to something greater than myself, to the natural world, to others, it makes me feel safe and warm, etc. I consider art, nature, femininity, and sexuality to be forms of love. So I guess that is the scope of my spiritual world.

·
Registered
152 Posts
does religiousness exist as a word? i don't care xDD
hahaha

Are you my friend INFPs very religious? what are your onlooks on religion? what do you think? explain carefully in case you can. what you feel towards the religious, spiritual world?
I want to mix them two, because they go hand in hand but at times, people separate it.
I think our world, lacks of spirituality, and that's a bad, bad deal. We forget about our souls and what makes us human, and we head for science, and being all right, and we forget about us. T.T. even myself.
how do i do? besides, I'm so afraid my man's going to leave lately...

Have you ever been religious? do you have any problem based in religious, social concepts you've been given? explain your own history.
Personally, I was very religious at the age of 13, but I find that really, I have always been very spiritual, and I believe in a lot of things people don't, but if we can sense it, ain't we true? why not being crazy? ;
For me there have always been two kinds of spiritual
people, the scripturalists and the experientialists, the scripturalists tend
to base their beliefs in words and concepts, expeientialists such as yogis, contemplatives, shamans, Sufis, psychonauts a faith in a concept isn't enough, there has to be a direct experience involved. When a direct experience occurs, faith becomes unnecesary, I don't need faith to valdate that I have a nose. I tend to be an experentialist based on the
fact that words cannot convey experience to a person who has never had the experiece.
In other words, words cannot make you understand everything. For example, if we lived in a world with no color and a spiritual experience equates to experiencing color, going to church and hearing a preacher talk about color isn't enough, no maatter how much faith you have, you still haven't seen it because words are only symbols that point to an experience, not the experience itself. The experientialists seeks to see red itself, because direct experience in seeing red requires no words to understand it. When you hear spiritual terms for which you have no direct experience of, the mind projects and comes up with all sorts things that have nothing to do with the real thing, it can never think it's way to experience red.
For me, religion is a social function, unfortunately most of it is based on belief without
seeking direct experience, real spirituality is personal and requires direct experience, rather than dogmatic ideals followed motivated by fear of punishment by a forgiving being.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts