Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
I dislike doing it but sometimes i'll just go off into my mind and let my subconscious be the tape recorder, then if they say "You're not even listening" I can recite the exact story and completely mind fuck them :3.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Really? My memory's sufficiently bad that it's other people remembering the conversations, not me. Or at least, remembering them literally. If I do remember specific conversations, it's usually just a general sense of the meaning behind them :confused:

Some of my Se friends have a much better memory for that kind of thing than I do (though neither of my brothers, Se-dom and Se-aux respectively, behave like this). It's so strange. You would think they aren't actually storing things with the way they're so in the moment, but the ones that I've met positively frighten me with the accuracy and depth of their memories. When they bother to bring up the past, that is, which isn't very often.

Y'all must be the ninjas of INFJs :ninja: Wish I could be more like you!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yes I can remember quiete easily , Just back to this moment , and relive the experience (thankx to si function ) , then I relive my emotional state , then I remember what caused this emotionnal state , so I can remember what had been said exactly .

We always have a way back time machine

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Yesss. :p It's usually a subconscious memory for me. I won't remember what someone said unless they say it again or they say something similar. It can weird people out.
In the same way, my memory can pick up on contradictions that people get surprised by. Someone will start stating something and I will suddenly remember them saying something in the past that doesn't match with what they are saying.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
My ISTJ friend does this. I think some people just have a good memory for details or conversations.

Friend: Hey, do you remember that one time we had this conversation and you told me x and I said y and then we did such-and-such?
Me: ...no...well, I remember doing the one thing vaguely, but not the conversation.
Friend: How can you not remember!?

It happens a lot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yup, I do this a lot. Sometimes my friend is like : "What the hell, do you remember every single world I ever told you?" Well, yes. I must admit, it's quite amusing for me when people get scared because of that.
I definitely think it has something to do with me being INFJ. I'm usually focused on what other person is saying, I try to be a good listener and most importantly : sometimes I repeat conversetions in my head, so I kinda remember them better.
But in fact, it's probably because of my good auditory memory. I can not only repeat conversations I had with my childhood friends in details, but also I remember their voice quite well. BTW this kind of memory is really helpful in learning foreign languages.

·
Registered
710 Posts
All the time usually I won't say anything unless it's someone I'm close and comfortable with.... or someone I can tell that they would enjoy knowing that I remember them telling me something.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Welcom to the club of photographic memorie :)

I remember the dream I had when I was 6 :)
I remember lots of my dreams from my childhood also, literally dozens of them. Entire layouts of houses... One of the ones that makes some people flip out is remembering the places of odd things inside cabinets or on their own bookshelves. Often remember what we were watching together, 10-20 years ago.
"Yeah I remember you came over and we were watching the episode of thundercats that came on tv, and then we had a conversation of how the little kids might be the child of one of the cats..."
"I remember the first time I came into your house, you were playing stage 7 of Kingdom Hearts"
or just weird stuff like that.
but yes some people will find these things intrusive or like you are stalking them.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Ohhhhh yes. If the person is important to me, I will record them like no other.
Usually scares them or they tell me I'm lying.
I then recite back the entire conversation and make them look like idiots.
I don't usually enjoy making people look stupid (unless they deserve it) but when you deserve your humble pie I will force feed it to you :p

Twitch

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Not really. I have a terrible memory for the most part. I remember vague highlights of conversations and instances that I deemed important, and can recall them at will. I do generally know hat is going on around me, however, and surprise people who thought I was not paying attention. Of course, other times I appear to be paying attentions when I am actually zoning out, mostly with strong Sensors involving a lot of details about something I am either not interested in, or which I understood fifteen minutes ago.

·
Registered
629 Posts
YES. I freak people out all the time because I remember too-detailed things about them from things they've said.
It's not usually minute details like where they live or anything factual...
I can't remember people's names for the life of me, but I can remember what their micro-expressions and body language were while they were telling me a story five years ago.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
that is funny, I'm bad with names also, but remember stories and where things are...
I don't even often remember street signs, I remember not knowing the name of streets to tell people to my house, but I know where things are and could navigate the city like the back of my hand.

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Coming in late to this thread......

Yes I can remember quiete easily , Just back to this moment , and relive the experience (thankx to si function ) , then I relive my emotional state , then I remember what caused this emotionnal state , so I can remember what had been said exactly .

We always have a way back time machine
Much the same for me. I can often remember what someone said, the expression on their face as they said it, the reaction of other people, how what they said made me feel, and also the month (occasionally the exact date) this happened. "Oh yes, in april 1994 you said......."

One curiosity - I'm not great at facial recognition (am a bit Aspergers-y in that way maybe) but i can nonetheless recall the expression/emotion on someone's face when they were saying something. Even very subtle, fleeting expressions get registered in my mind in that way - their micro-expressions as TUSP says:

YES. I freak people out all the time because I remember too-detailed things about them from things they've said.
It's not usually minute details like where they live or anything factual...
I can't remember people's names for the life of me, but I can remember what their micro-expressions and body language were while they were telling me a story five years ago.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ooh, indeed! I never realized this had anything to do with my INFJness but yes! I can remember some (some random, meaningless even) conversations from years back, word to word. And I remember sometimes people tell me what they've told me, and I correct them: "Well actually...What you said was...*recite*" And they'll be all WTF DUDE. Ehheehe....

Also, I notice every time when a person tells me the same story twice. It happens all the time. But I never tell them caus that would just be embarrassing for them imo. So I just listen and pretend to laugh at their jokes and stories like I've never heard them before. Although it's usually more of an awkward chuckle. ^^'

I also often catch people telling lies, because I can easily spot inconsistencies between their stories, since I can remember what they've told me in the past. Sometimes I'll even act stupid and ask people about things they've told me before, but don't remember telling. It's fun to see how the story changes. :kitteh: Then I can point it out to them like CAUGHT'YA *Evil* Well, I really just do that to my bf when he deserves some "humble pie" as @TwitchdelaBRAT put it. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts