Personality Cafe banner

"Repressed" ENTP - Is my Ne broken? Strong Ti? Want change, direction, growth.

[ENTP] 
14K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  Scarlet_Heart 
Hey personality cafe. I've been reading around the forums for awhile now learning about typology and the MBTI.

Base Question:
Some things have been bothering me. I test as an ENTP almost all the time, and I agree with quite a bit of what "normal" ENTP personalities do. Some things about the type bother me. I'm not witty, I rarely have good comebacks. I would LOVE to develop that spontaneous adventure thing I read about. Dr Who is like that at times. Who else can I watch?

As a little kid I was very friendly. I would walk away from my parents and say hello to everyone. I tinkered with things, shut down lights in stores, disabled elevators..ha ha. As a little kid I idolized Spock and Vulcan on Star Trek, and strove to be like them. I REALLY want to undo that now.

I can still smile and talk to people, but I have a hard time turning on the ENTP charm. I can still smile and say hello but I have no idea what to say to people after that. I don't have that wit. Words don't flow from me. I need to lighten up and re-engage that Ne, I think. How? My mind is dead at times. I'm missing that drive, cocky confidence. Maybe I should read more, engage the imagination, try doing art? Advice? I dont really joke. I've gotten too serious.

Ne is creative and thinks a bear and a tree can be comapired. I dont really do that. I just look and thing "oh, well, cool" That's it.

I dont think I'm an INTP becouse of how I was as a child, and that I get really down if I've been alone for days.

More Details:
My mind is like a fog sometimes with no words or pictures, all intuition or "just do" mode. I wont be really focused on a task at hand. I think it's because of this I can never find words. An example is just the other day I was leaving my friends house. I was looking around the house as I walked out and he asks what I'm looking for. I don't know what I'm looking for or why, I'm just looking. It turns out I forgot a tool he gave me earlier in the day. I feel, braindead. Maybe I should read more.

I forget details. Tell me your name, I will remember you, but not your name. That's common and not such a big deal, but I also forget artists and bands. If I were to go see a concert (by myself, as I have like 1 friend) I can't say I want to go see XYZ person. If I hear their song, I think "I would go to this concert". I hear an add that some artist putting on a concert and I will not know who they are or what they sing. I'm missing a connection.

I dont feel like I'm knoledable in lots of things.

If I am around someone who is better or more confident than me at something - I shut down. Go completely inside. I hate that. I am missing that ENTP I love myself role. I want it. I am at times argumentative, but I need to KNOW that I'm on the upper hand.
Based on this you do not sound like an ENTP at all. Have you taken a look at the functions?

More than anything you seem like you have a low self-esteem. Work on your inner game by just thinking positive things about yourself. You sound a bit depressed as well, and that has a factor in you saying you lacking the wittiness and social skills. I was there at some point but I just decided to get through it by tackling these challenges and as a result I am now one of the most social people out there (like I literally start conversations everywhere) and am considered a funny man. How old are you by the way?
He does sound like he suffers from a low self esteem. Also, I have a question for him: Do have horrible anxiety problems? My anxiety often fucks up my wittiness and usual happy-go-lucky mindset. Does this happen to you? This may be the source of your so called, "malfuntioning Ne".

Reactions: MGill
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.