Personality Cafe banner

Which candidate would you support in the Republican primaries?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Mark Cuban

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Carly Fiorina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dwayne Johnson

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Bob Corker

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Ted Cruz

• John Kasich

• Ben Sasse

• Mike Pence

• Rand Paul

Votes: 6 27.3%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assume those were the candidates, who would you support and who would you expect to be the nominee?

·
Registered
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

This is a polling of New Hampshire, where it is shown that John Kasich would beat Donald Trump if the primaries were held now.

John Kasich is a moderate Republican who surprised after a strong beginning in the previous primaries, especially when he focused on the state of New Hampshire, while his opponents said that if the ambition of Kasich was to become president of the state of New Hampshire, he would have succeeded in his task. It is not known if Kasich is considering another run, but it is known that he is not really a Donald Trump proponent. He refused an offer to become his vice presidential candidate.

Dwayne Johnson isn't a politician, but is a professional wrestler and also an actor known for G.I. Joe Retaliation and the Fast and the Furious series. It is assumed he will run for president.

Mark Cuban is another businessman and television personality that is considering a run for president. He said on multiple occasions that he interested in running for president.

Carly Fiorina is a business woman known for being the CEO of HP, but she was forced to resign in 2005 after a series of dismissals. She was briefly the vice presidential candidate of Ted Cruz, the last contender in the last Republican primaries.

That Ted Cruz is also a known politician, who became famous after the government shutdown in 2013 and also a remarkable proponent of the ultraconservative Tea Party movement, in some ways the precursor of Trumpism. He is currently a senator of Texas.

Bob Corker is a member of the establishment and very critical of the Trump administration. He once named the white house as an adult day care center. He said he isn't going to run for another term as senator of Tennessee, mostly since Bannon already said he was targetting that seat, and the polls weren't that good for Corker. It is speculated that Corker is now intending to challenge Trump, as he already started to sound more and more critical of the Trump administration.

Ben Sasse is a senator of Nebraska, and was critical of Trump's proposals during his presidential campaign. He was speculated to even enter the race before the convention to prevent Trump from becoming the nominee. Aside of that, he is a classic Republican.

Rand Paul is someone from the more Libertarian wing of the Republican Party, and most of his supporters also approved the positions of his father Ron Paul. He is young, but he could have a great future.

Mike Pence, once governor of Indiana and currently vice-president, is likely to run when Donald Trump is forced to resign in office or in the case he dies. He is supportive of the Tea Party, and also ultraconservative.

Donald Trump shaked the US and the world not once but multiples time when he succeeded in taking the white house back to the Republicans. He shocked the world with a more nationalist, xenophobic and populist campaign, and is also widely accused of sexual intimidation. But the voters are angry on how things are going in the US, and Donald Trump manages to at least bring those issues on the table. He is likely to run again for a second term, and right now still the top favourite to be the Republican nominee in 2020.

·
Registered
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other possible candidates:

- Jack Feilure
- Jeb Bush (but not likely)
- Steve Bannon
- Sarah Palin
- Susaena Martinez
- Nikki Halley
- Tom Cotton
- Marco Rubio
- Ben Carson
- Scott Walker
- Chris Christie
- Lindsey Graham
- Rick Santorum
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
The primaries are in 2020. Arnold Schwartzenegger was born in Austria so is not eligible to be president. Let's push the Republicans back to the center with Susan Collins.

Reactions: Lakigigar

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
I’m not from the US but, in a hypothetical scenario, I’d support Trump or Cruz instead of the cuckservative RINOs.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Can't go wrong with a dude named RAND. Mike Pence isn't half bad either.

Hoosiers, represent!

cuckservative RINOs.

Which is what Arnie is. Seriously, what self-respecting Republican would renew a ban on .50 caliber rifles? I don't care if it's California.

For Kekistan! All to the Revolution of Civic Nationalism!

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I liked Rand Paul last election, I would probably support him in 2020.

·
MOTM June 2015
4,384 Posts
I would be pleased to support any of these ...

Ted Cruz
Mike Pence
Rand Paul
Carly Fiorina

However, I don't expect to see any of them be the nominee. I really have no idea who I think will end up being the nominee.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
Mark Cuban would probably run as a democrat. The others don't stand a chance. I'd still go with Trump though.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Dwayne Johnson has immense charisma, arguably more than any other candidate on this list, already having established popularity among Republicans and Democrats alike. I think he's going to rise as one of the few potential winners of the GOP and would be the most likely candidate to win over Trump - that's if anyone does so at all, as US politics has this strong pattern of each party and president having two terms before switching again. Based on this pattern, if he does succeed, his chances of a second term, purely based on statistical patterns, will be low.
I'd be curious as to how Johnson would proceed to win the GOP without losing his popularity as a celebrity among the democrats. It would be great if he could succeed at depolarizing our current ideological divide, but I'm not sure how likely that still is to happen.

Though ideologically, based on what I know, my favorite candidate would have to be Rand Paul.

·
Registered
333 Posts

I am completely with Robbie Rotten. He has proven to be an excellent leader and his sophisticated and well thought trough opinions always succeed to fascinate me. But despite his loveable persona the mainstream media seems to dislike him which is just a shame.

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
If tax reform and middle class tax cuts get done during Trump's tenure, then I do not want Trump to be primaried in 2019. Looking past whether or not you think it's good or bad, many Trump voters (including myself) look past his idiocy on the PR end of things because we had confidence he can actually carry through these agenda items. If he succeeds, I'd rather stick with that initial decision.

I like Rand Paul, but think his energy level and privacy wouldn't carry over well to voters, especially not against what will be a very loud Democratic base. Also, although I like his stubbornness to stick with principled voting, I'd like Paul to either be more flexible in not having the 100%, or better communicate that he is flexible. He can seem wishy washy in supporting legislation that isn't precisely 100% of what he wants. I could see this being an issue if he took over Trump's position. Trump is correct, Paul is a bit too low energy for President IMO - he would be fantastic as an advisor of sorts.

Corker and Sasse are absolute loons and wannabe Beltway elitists. Susan Collins is an obtuse moron, and should only run if she's running with a D by her name - same with Kasich. Pence is a follower not a leader. Fiorina is bland and would be attacked by Democrats, rather than supported, for being a woman.

Ted Cruz would be my pick from those options, but I prefer Trump to Cruz, again, because I still currently think Trump will fix the economy.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I would decide later, you know, after Trump has been president for more than one year. You do understand that youre talking about an election thats like 2-3ish years away? Too much could change to make a worthwhile statement.

·
Banned
3,277 Posts
Rand is my man, but Trump is the Incumbent he will be the nominee by default.

·
Banned
3,277 Posts

I am completely with Robbie Rotten. He has proven to be an excellent leader and his sophisticated and well thought trough opinions always succeed to fascinate me. But despite his loveable persona the mainstream media seems to dislike him which is just a shame.
Make America #1 again!

Reactions: Mister Bimbo

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,657 Posts
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson??

Reactions: Solrac026
1 - 19 of 19 Posts