Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have taken tests, and researched things I suspect quite a bit. There are two that I have in mind. I am not very good at providing information without being prodded. When I do, it is generally far too much. So I can answer any questions you have, and will not hesitate to.

So what will follow is a small synopsis of things I perceive myself to be.

I like to believe I am intelligent, and I do know a great many things, however, I always have personal feelings of failing to meet my personal potential. This is in large part due to the fact that following through with an idea or goal is nearly impossible. When I do, it is generally only to reflect upon it, and be disappointed. I procrastinate, not in work per say, but in many things that interest me. This may be in part due to the depression I am likely going through, although I don't believe I should be the one making that determination. Math is something I was once exceptional at, however, over time and lacking diligence that has largely faded. I have the feeling that I could pick it up again and reach the level I was once at, but it's a little daunting. I am also and artist. I paint and draw, although prefer to do so in black and white. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies, although I don't read too often. Instead there are minor time wasting activities I engage in and it is dominating my free time, which I rarely appreciate until it is later reflected on. The idea that I didn't accomplish something eats at me. I am terrible at relationships, even though I believe myself to be a great listener, provider, problem solver, and have unmatched levels of dedication to a significant other. I often discount emotions, and for many years of my life did my best to live entirely without them. I later decided that having emotions color the events in my life might enrich it, but when I tried to get in touch I was overwhelmed with a torrent of things I did not understand and sank into a lasting depression that I was in denial about going through.

That is all I will provide for now... because I feel a giant wall of text would be presented to you otherwise. I will not provide the types I am leaning towards, because that runs the risk of inviting one to search for those particular traits and could change what the original answer may have been.

I will provide the Enneagram results.

5w6, 1w2, 3w4 is listed as the tri type, 5 with a 6 wing is listed in much larger bold letters.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It tends to be more difficult to find your type when you are depressed. Just a forewarning.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is something I am keenly aware of. Although I welcome the help. The current shouldn't be too important I would imagine. After all, there is a lifetime of happenings to base it off. I have a pretty sharp memory and do my best to maintain it as a the reality it was without the coloring of time. Most of what I stated has been a life long constant. Clarification can be provided.

EDIT: I notice there is a nifty little list I missed... I suppose I should do that... *facepalm*

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I am pretty much equally split between two types that are similar in a great many ways. I just want to see if anyone can detect something I missed, after all, there is always a right answer.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn for a stable relationship that fulfills my personal emotional needs, and academic success. The relationship bit is because I don't like being the only thing that is important in my world. It was great for most of my life, simple, but that isn't the way I want to die. As for the academic success... I'm I just like to know all that I can. It means more to me than it likely should.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I was providing for my significant other, I didn't have to worry about money (although it was a little tight), and I had more time than I knew what to do with.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

That is an interesting question... inferior to what? If you mean to other people, I don't. I am sometimes envious of others, but that's hardly related. There are things I don't like about myself, or that I feel need some serious work... but who's to say it's inferior to anything?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

The way I feel about something has next to nothing to do with my decision most of the time. When I consider others, it is only people that I care a GREAT deal about. Pros and cons are a big part... especially because everything is in shades of gray.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I like to have control, yes, however, in the end the outcome matters more than who/what/or how it got there.... marginally. I am at risk of answering this question for another 1000 words... so I'm going to leave it there.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I convinced my significant other to read my favorite book series... and then we talked about it. It was amazing. A little lame... but that is it. I have had fun doing other things too of course... but that stands out.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Theorize and memorize. After all, why learn if you don't expand it? And why expand if it's into already explored domains? Given this... you need a basis to build on, and getting facts wrong in your theory is a "no go".

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Depends... for my personal effects like clothing... trinkets and whatnot... terrible. They are in general areas. Not messy per say, but certainly not organized. For things like my computer desk, or book shelf. It has to be perfect.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both of those aspects are important. The first thing would be the information that supports it. If you can easily identify a flaw then the idea is flaws. I also examine the structure of the thought, because that might be fine and all you need to do is fix some facts. The principles behind it portray motive and give insight into the person who is presenting it, which is intriguing even if it isn't what is ultimately important.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I am the only thing in my life that will be constant, or so I believe, so belief in myself will always trump others.... with one exception... which is this strange fixation I have with "love" and those I "love". (Quotes are more for me than they are serious... I think.)

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I will always prefer one on one. One should always think before they speak.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Actions speak MUCH more loudly than words. I look where I jump almost all the time... (darn those extreme and very few exceptions)

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I ignore the call, watch my show, then call them back and say I was busy.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I socialize even less, and get grumpy... and become fairly single minded on whatever is stressing me out.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

... Not sure how to answer. There are a lot of things and most depend on the situation. I am always open to amend my thoughts if provided evidence.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Anything requiring even a little knowledge! It's the only way I can talk to other people and seem sociable. Although that isn't related to why I like talking about it, it's just a happy coincidence.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

My feelings and the feelings of those around me.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends... they perceive me as loyal, honest (perhaps too much so), a pragmatist, and sometimes downright cold. They would never say that I was fake, two-faced, insincere, or any variation. They would also never say I was kind, although they would never say I was cruel or mean either. I'm not sure anything is wrong with their perception. The basics I feel are more or less correct... it's just that it's never that simple.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Going to a movie, reading a book, having an intriguing conversation, and listening to music.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
From my understanding the presence of Fe and Ti are overwhelming in your descriptions.

So IxTP or IxFJ

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
intj??????????????????

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
I have taken tests, and researched things I suspect quite a bit. There are two that I have in mind. I am not very good at providing information without being prodded. When I do, it is generally far too much. So I can answer any questions you have, and will not hesitate to.

So what will follow is a small synopsis of things I perceive myself to be.

I like to believe I am intelligent, and I do know a great many things, however, I always have personal feelings of failing to meet my personal potential. This is in large part due to the fact that following through with an idea or goal is nearly impossible. When I do, it is generally only to reflect upon it, and be disappointed. I procrastinate, not in work per say, but in many things that interest me. This may be in part due to the depression I am likely going through, although I don't believe I should be the one making that determination. Math is something I was once exceptional at, however, over time and lacking diligence that has largely faded. I have the feeling that I could pick it up again and reach the level I was once at, but it's a little daunting. I am also and artist. I paint and draw, although prefer to do so in black and white. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies, although I don't read too often. Instead there are minor time wasting activities I engage in and it is dominating my free time, which I rarely appreciate until it is later reflected on. The idea that I didn't accomplish something eats at me. I am terrible at relationships, even though I believe myself to be a great listener, provider, problem solver, and have unmatched levels of dedication to a significant other. I often discount emotions, and for many years of my life did my best to live entirely without them. I later decided that having emotions color the events in my life might enrich it, but when I tried to get in touch I was overwhelmed with a torrent of things I did not understand and sank into a lasting depression that I was in denial about going through.

That is all I will provide for now... because I feel a giant wall of text would be presented to you otherwise. I will not provide the types I am leaning towards, because that runs the risk of inviting one to search for those particular traits and could change what the original answer may have been.

I will provide the Enneagram results.

5w6, 1w2, 3w4 is listed as the tri type, 5 with a 6 wing is listed in much larger bold letters.

Thank you for your time.
I think you would match the ISFP most based off of what you said here... I think its clear you have a lot of Fi going on which is the primary function for IXFPs. You then strike me as a more Se person than Ne. You seem to enjoy experiences and try things out for yourself to see if they work for you such as go for a time without trying to feel where I think an INFP would speculate for the longest time and then maybe come up with a decision. I don't know though... all a guess. :)

Reactions: Jxuptosae

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you guys for your answers. I got some that I honestly did not expect at all. Many things in my life are extremely method based, and this makes my question answering always follow a particular pattern. I'm glad I found some people willing to give typing a stranger a shot. I'm going to do some research and get back to you guys with either more information, or at the least a more educated opinion on the things mentioned. Any further input is encouraged!

Wow... I'm not sure what to say now. The possible list just expanded which leaves me much further from discovering what I already thought I knew. I'm glad that my rigorous attention to detail might pay off with personal insight. That isn't too common. It's not possible to be 3 equally is it? Lol. (Just kidding... I generally believe that there is ultimately only one right answer, even it is impossible to discern. )

In specific response to Near Lawliet:

It wasn't so much to try, it was because it was logically the most effective means of continuing my life. It became a default mode for existence for a large number of years. It was my ex-wife that finally convinced me that if such an important part of human existence is suppressed, that ultimately your ability to enjoy and appreciate life is also suppressed. She didn't know that is what she thought, but at it's most basic that is it. I thought it over for about 3 years, then decided to try it. The time that followed is why she is now my ex-wife... as it was certainly not something I was equipped to handle. I still maintain it is the most effective means of living, although feeling apathy about ones life is a little taxing in the long run, and makes you incompatible with co-existing in a healthy way with another person. Given that I have decided that achievement is worth less than the transitory feelings of joy one gets from a partnership, I doubt I will use those skills again. If you would like to know the two types I test 99% of the time (split on the two is 47 and 52) I can tell you through a PM. Once again, thank you for your input and I hope giving a little more detail on mine will be helpful.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
There are things I don't like about myself, or that I feel need some serious work... but who's to say it's inferior to anything?
These are the things that we want to know about. The things that are telling as to who you are underneath, not how you are attempting to come across. Often the surest way to find your type accurately is to figure out where your weaknesses are.

You say you ignore your feelings and the feelings of others. The question would be "why?" What would happen if you didn't? You see we have to get past the superficialities of behavior or how you act in a moment, or your mood or whatever and look at the long term picture of how you are generally speaking. If generally speaking you are someone who typically represses anything related to, say Thinking for yourself, for example, then that might be an indicator that you use certain functions. If you repress Feeling (not emotions per se, but rather the process of evaluating your emotions) then that might indicate you as a Thinking type and so forth. That's why we want to know (or you have to figure out, more importantly) where these weak spots are and why. Because usually the area of sensitivity is opposite the area of dominance. (If I'm good at one thing, then i'll probably be weak at its opposite).

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
LiquidLight that is a fantastic point. Well, here I go:

Emotions are not something that is concrete, nor is it always definable. This is in of itself makes me avoid them. I tend to view emotions as a lens you look at the world through, and as such not seeing reality. Reality is something that I am intrigued with and strive to live in, emotions get in the way of experiencing a true reality. They interfere with logic, and are not based in fact and can dramatically alter perception. They are also not reproducible with any consistency.

In social situations I am generally a pariah, and it really doesn't bother me. I tend to avoid conversation, because for me conversation is goal oriented. When I talk to someone I am either trying to learn something, or trying to teach something. The space between is almost impossible for me. I am really not sure why. I can act, and play the social game passably, but I get the feeling that people know. My voice is always the same tone and pitch (not monotone exactly, but it sounds the same when I am angry, happy, sad, and everything between), and I really don't like the display of emotions, which has led a large number of people to believe that I never smile (which is absurd).

When people do engage in the type of conversation I enjoy they are often put off. This is because I say everything with conviction. After all, why should I believe I am wrong until proven wrong? If you have no conviction behind your words, you may as well not say them at all. I love to theorize and speak of things like theology the most (this one is because of the perceptions of others, as personally shameful as that is to admit) because nobody is really wrong, because there are no facts behind their is no defining.

My conviction in my words also translates to my actions, which makes me incredibly stubborn. I am exception at accomplishing tasks, but once the goal is met the project is done. This has led me to become proficient at many, many skills, but not great in many. My friends and family see that as a major flaw, and I sometimes will agree.

I am a dark person, perhaps it is because the darker themes express have a huge visual effect on emotion, and mine generally subdued. I'm not sure why, but this is seen by many as a foible.

I am not the most handsome person, however I am not ugly. So people perception about my dress, and appearance are generally discarded. I believe everyone should be confident in what they are, or least accepting, and as such tend to discard their feelings on the matter as well. After all, if you KNOW something, does it matter what someone else says? 2+2 will always be 4, no number of people chanting otherwise will change it. I also do not generally give out compliments, for all the reasons in this paragraph. This has caused me a lot of trouble in my life.

I realize there isn't a straight answer anywhere in the information above, so here is a list (as hard as it is for me to make it this simple:

Socializing, failing to answer a question, not completing an objective, misunderstanding or representing, providing an incorrect answer, when I am unsure (of anything), making small decisions (like what to eat or wear, if I'm left alone it just kinda happens, if it is depicted as important or effects another person it is hard to make a decision), and that is about it.

I will elaborate more later (if anything occurs to me are you have a question), I need a short break. I will edit this reply to include more information.

Here is a list of foibles I can relate to pulled from various negative attributes listed on a number of sites:

May be unaware (and sometimes uncaring) of how they come across to others

May quickly dismiss input from others without really considering it

With their ability to see an issue from many sides, they may always find others at fault for problems in their own lives

May look at external ideas and people with the primary purpose of finding fault

May take pride in their ability to be critical and find fault in people and things

May be intolerant of weaknesses in others

May believe that they're always right

May be cuttingly derisive and sarcastic towards others

May have an intense and quick temper

May be wishy-washy and unsure how to act in situations that require quick decision making

May have difficulty communicating their thoughts and feelings to others

May see so many tangents everywhere that they can't stay focused on the bottom line or the big picture

They may become isolated from society.

They may unknowingly or uncaringly hurt people's feelings.

They may be completely unaware of how to express their inner world to others in a meaningful way.

They may be completely unaware of the type of communication that is often desireable and (to some degree) expected in an intimate relationship. If they are aware of the kinds of things that are appropriate to say and do to foster emotional bonding, they may be unable to appreciate the value of such actions. They may feel too vulnerable to express themselves in this fashion, and so reject the entire idea.

If pushed beyond their comfort level to form commitments or emotional bonds, they may reject a relationship entirely.

Under stress, they may show intense emotions that seem disproportionate to the situation.

They may not recognize basic social principles, such as appropriate dress and general behavior.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
LiquidLight that is a fantastic point. Well, here I go:

Emotions are not something that is concrete, nor is it always definable. This is in of itself makes me avoid them. I tend to view emotions as a lens you look at the world through, and as such not seeing reality. Reality is something that I am intrigued with and strive to live in, emotions get in the way of experiencing a true reality. They interfere with logic, and are not based in fact and can dramatically alter perception. They are also not reproducible with any consistency.

In social situations I am generally a pariah, and it really doesn't bother me. I tend to avoid conversation, because for me conversation is goal oriented. When I talk to someone I am either trying to learn something, or trying to teach something. The space between is almost impossible for me. I am really not sure why. I can act, and play the social game passably, but I get the feeling that people know. My voice is always the same tone and pitch (not monotone exactly, but it sounds the same when I am angry, happy, sad, and everything between), and I really don't like the display of emotions, which has led a large number of people to believe that I never smile (which is absurd).

When people do engage in the type of conversation I enjoy they are often put off. This is because I say everything with conviction. After all, why should I believe I am wrong until proven wrong? If you have no conviction behind your words, you may as well not say them at all. I love to theorize and speak of things like theology the most (this one is because of the perceptions of others, as personally shameful as that is to admit) because nobody is really wrong, because there are no facts behind their is no defining.

My conviction in my words also translates to my actions, which makes me incredibly stubborn. I am exception at accomplishing tasks, but once the goal is met the project is done. This has led me to become proficient at many, many skills, but not great in many. My friends and family see that as a major flaw, and I sometimes will agree.

I am a dark person, perhaps it is because the darker themes express have a huge visual effect on emotion, and mine generally subdued. I'm not sure why, but this is seen by many as a foible.

I am not the most handsome person, however I am not ugly. So people perception about my dress, and appearance are generally discarded. I believe everyone should be confident in what they are, or least accepting, and as such tend to discard their feelings on the matter as well. After all, if you KNOW something, does it matter what someone else says? 2+2 will always be 4, no number of people chanting otherwise will change it. I also do not generally give out compliments, for all the reasons in this paragraph. This has caused me a lot of trouble in my life.

I realize there isn't a straight answer anywhere in the information above, so here is a list (as hard as it is for me to make it this simple:

Socializing, failing to answer a question, not completing an objective, misunderstanding or representing, providing an incorrect answer, when I am unsure (of anything), making small decisions (like what to eat or wear, if I'm left alone it just kinda happens, if it is depicted as important or effects another person it is hard to make a decision), and that is about it.

I will elaborate more later (if anything occurs to me are you have a question), I need a short break. I will edit this reply to include more information.

Here is a list of foibles I can relate to pulled from various negative attributes listed on a number of sites:

May be unaware (and sometimes uncaring) of how they come across to others

May quickly dismiss input from others without really considering it

With their ability to see an issue from many sides, they may always find others at fault for problems in their own lives

May look at external ideas and people with the primary purpose of finding fault

May take pride in their ability to be critical and find fault in people and things

May be intolerant of weaknesses in others

May believe that they're always right

May be cuttingly derisive and sarcastic towards others

May have an intense and quick temper

May be wishy-washy and unsure how to act in situations that require quick decision making

May have difficulty communicating their thoughts and feelings to others

May see so many tangents everywhere that they can't stay focused on the bottom line or the big picture

They may become isolated from society.

They may unknowingly or uncaringly hurt people's feelings.

They may be completely unaware of how to express their inner world to others in a meaningful way.

They may be completely unaware of the type of communication that is often desireable and (to some degree) expected in an intimate relationship. If they are aware of the kinds of things that are appropriate to say and do to foster emotional bonding, they may be unable to appreciate the value of such actions. They may feel too vulnerable to express themselves in this fashion, and so reject the entire idea.

If pushed beyond their comfort level to form commitments or emotional bonds, they may reject a relationship entirely.

Under stress, they may show intense emotions that seem disproportionate to the situation.

They may not recognize basic social principles, such as appropriate dress and general behavior.
You still strike me as an Fi dominant in my mind; perhaps INFP? ISFP is a chance to me though. Anytime you wish to PM me; feel free.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quoted... typos and all. Lol. I usually edit every post at least 15 times. I tend to miss letters and small words on occasion while typing, which is a shame because I usually put a lot of work into choosing the words I use. Anyway. Thank you for your input. As far as the Fe, Ni, Ti and the rest go... I'm still sorely lacking on knowledge in that department. It is something I've been working on. I work some crazy hours so haven't had the time to invest the right amount of study.

Might as well share now, since some new ideas were presented, which is exactly what I was looking for.

52% INTJ, 47% INTP

Now, it depends on the day. I understand this confusion happens quite often with these types, even though functions are reversed in some cases. Hence my asking. I know I was certainly INTJ for all of my childhood, although I do certainly feel something has changed, I couldn't tell you what per say. My divorce took a lot out of me, and I emerged a different person, which was not expected. I have weathered a lot, and it never made a difference before. But then again I'm a little less sure of myself now than before.

Once again, thank you all for your insights.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Quoted... typos and all. Lol. I usually edit every post at least 15 times. I tend to miss letters and small words on occasion while typing, which is a shame because I usually put a lot of work into choosing the words I use. Anyway. Thank you for your input. As far as the Fe, Ni, Ti and the rest go... I'm still sorely lacking on knowledge in that department. It is something I've been working on. I work some crazy hours so haven't had the time to invest the right amount of study.

Might as well share now, since some new ideas were presented, which is exactly what I was looking for.

52% INTJ, 47% INTP

Now, it depends on the day. I understand this confusion happens quite often with these types, even though functions are reversed in some cases. Hence my asking. I know I was certainly INTJ for all of my childhood, although I do certainly feel something has changed, I couldn't tell you what per say. My divorce took a lot out of me, and I emerged a different person, which was not expected. I have weathered a lot, and it never made a difference before. But then again I'm a little less sure of myself now than before.

Once again, thank you all for your insights.
You took a cognitive functions test as well?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Well, if you don't trust feelings, there's no way you can be an F type by sheer common sense, especially a dominant F type (honestly, I'm beginning to suspect that most people really have no clue what an INFP really is, so I'm not going to trust anyone who throws that possibility out for you - they are dominant F types and by nature tend to have problems with extreme objectivity). I'm thinking either INTJ, ENTJ, or INTP as this point (especially some kind of dominant T type, since you have this really rationalistic view of feelings/emotions that you are unwilling to compromise in any way, although if you are not always consistent with this, then you might be an INTJ with some kind of complex around feelings).

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Well, if you don't trust feelings, there's no way you can be an F type by sheer common sense, especially a dominant F type (honestly, I'm beginning to suspect that most people really have no clue what an INFP really is, so I'm not going to trust anyone who throws that possibility out for you - they are dominant F types and by nature tend to have problems with extreme objectivity). I'm thinking either INTJ, ENTJ, or INTP as this point (especially some kind of dominant T type, since you have this really rationalistic view of feelings/emotions that you are unwilling to compromise in any way, although if you are not always consistent with this, then you might be an INTJ with some kind of complex around feelings).
I believe Fi especially has a chance at not trusting their own feelings. They look inward in themselves and try to define and value things in according to their own value system. With that being said; they are in my opinion very prone to questioning and distrusting themselves until they find a system they do agree with. Fe is the type that shows their feelings more on the outside and are the more "trusty/feeling" type that show it more.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I believe Fi especially has a chance at not trusting their own feelings.
Totally wrong. They would be more confident with their own feelings, since they are introverted, and more under their own power, and not in as much need of the influence of others to work (hence, the obsessional "individuality myfeelings, myfeelings, myfeelings, myfeelings, mypoorfeelingsaresomisunderstood" mentality that is so common in Fi doms). That's totally your fantasy about Fi. I'm an Fi user, so I know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Near Lawliet

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Totally wrong. They would be more confident with their own feelings, since they are introverted, and more under their own power, and not in as much need of the influence of others to work (hence, the obsessional "individuality myfeelings, myfeelings, myfeelings, myfeelings, mypoorfeelingsaresomisunderstood" mentality that is so common in Fi doms). That's totally your fantasy about Fi. I'm an Fi user, so I know what I'm talking about.
I think that is right for you perhaps because (unlike the original poster) is not having any doubts of yourself. The user is and I seen an Fi dom doubt themselves before. They tend to have a lot of self doubt about their own image and show an "existential crisis" type ordeal if really stressed. Chances of them being an Fi dom I think is still possible. Perhaps INTJ out of the two though. I do at times do mix Ni and Fi up a bit and also as you pointed out you're an Fi user being an INTJ so the original poster would be as well if he is an INTJ as well. So... INXX is my guess being either INFP/INTJ.

Reactions: Jxuptosae

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
@Near Lawliet

The doubt IXFPs would have about themselves would come from inferior Te, not Fi, so that comes down to having issues finding some logical way to classify their feelings without being dissatisfied or uncomfortable with it.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
@Near Lawliet

The doubt IXFPs would have about themselves would come from inferior Te, not Fi, so that comes down to having issues finding some logical way to classify their feelings without being dissatisfied or uncomfortable with it.
Then a type with inferior Te such as INFP would be well suited which whether the doubt or not be Fi or not would still make the poster Fi dom?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
@Near Lawliet

As I said before, no, because the poster downplays feelings in favor of being super objective. I have no idea what sane IXFP would do that, since they primarily operate on feelings.

8) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

My feelings and the feelings of those around me.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
But if the original poster is less feeling because of their ex influencing it; wouldn't that be an example of a more hurt feeling type rather than a thinking type or am I reading too much in his original post? If this person does have any Te/Ti I think its not used as much as would be their (still in my opinion) Fi. Especially if they're depressed; right thinkers do get depressed as well but the whole disregard feelings after the break up seems very feel like more than thinker?

Sorry not original post. The reply he sent to me is what I meant. ^^

1 - 20 of 41 Posts