Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly, thank you so much for this questionnaire @Turi.

Onto my answers:

Pick a word, any word - brainstorm - whether it's just words that spring to mind, or ideas, or memories, whatever - just brainstorm for a while. No restrictions. Below is a link for a random word, if it helps.
https://randomwordgenerator.com

Verily, Exsanguination, Paradisiacal. These words came to mind mostly because I've connected them to form a phrase that goes "In truth, only by enough loss to induce the end can one reach the ladder". Which, to me, means that our greatest struggles forge us into the people we need to be, whether we like it or not. Sometimes those struggles defeat us, and force us to examine ourselves; And sometimes they succeed in pushing us in a way nothing else could.

Write a short story - feel free to freestyle, or use the picture you chose as inspiration, or the results from your brainstorm, or all of the above, doesn't matter. Just write a short story. Below is a link for writing prompt ideas.
https://thestoryshack.com/tools/writ...mpt-generator/

Frankly, I didn't just write this, it's actually an excerpt from a longer song I wrote, but:

"The world as we know it lies entombed beneath the ashes of time, as the fires of the end incinerate everything in vain. The wasteland that we’ve created is all that’s left to be, and in this betrayal of ourselves and this world is the result of a broken unity. The dissension of the skies and the bloodstained soil are the remnants of pain defined, and of reason to sympathize at the evidence we‘ve allowed our morals to die. After all, it was only a matter of choices, a matter of life or death, and we’ve run out of time to decide. But how foolish we were to believe that these matters could be handled by men with corrosive ideals and a vainglorious desire for power that couldn’t be rivaled by the most vile of creatures. This apocalyptic ruination is not a disaster of nature, nor a catastrophe of the universe, but rather the symbolization that mankind has annihilated all chances of hope for the environment that granted it life, and that there is no business to be done on a dead planet, and no justice without suffrage for those responsible. As the livelihood of a prosperous world perishes, maybe humanity could benefit from witnessing the very peril that plagued itself, that was never cured."

How did you approach writing your story? Provide as much detail as possible with regards to your writing process.
The way I approached writing the story was by taking a look at the history of humankind, then pursing a story in which humankind meets its demise due to war (Which happens to be what I predict will become of humanity in due time). I suppose if there's any detail to explain about my writing process it's that I wrote as if I was predicting what would unfold. There's not really much structure to the way I write; It's chaotic, and sometimes takes weeks in order to perfect, seeing as how I only write in moments where the greatest inspiration strikes me.

Describe your verbal communication skills, your written communication skills, and your body language.
Feel free to go in-depth. If possible, detail your natural communication and body language preferences in various circumstances - with friends, with strangers, at work, in one-on-one situations, in group situations, personal, impersonal, that kind of thing. If anything irritates you about how others communicate, talk about that too. The more information, the better.

My verbal communication skills are not refined, per say. I can communicate effectively more often than not, but I have a tendency to speak nonsensically, so in my interactions with others, (if I can help it) I try to keep the conversation straightforward and concrete. I can express myself much better through writing than in speaking, because I feel less pressure. My natural communication preferences are essentially the same; Straightforward, concrete, and careful not to speak too abstractly that someone misunderstands what I'm trying to say. It's something I've had to work on, because it doesn't come naturally to me, but it's what allows other people to understand what I'm trying to say. I can't say that I have any body language preferences, other than I tend to mirror other people and predict how to react to their body language to ensure the best outcome. Nothing really irritates me about the way others communicate, because I can understand even the most vague forms of communication for the most part.

How do you prefer to make decisions, solve problems and/or puzzles?
Run us through your entire process - use specific examples, if possible - some ideas for your answer -
what questions do you ask yourself, if any? What goes through your mind? What do you take into account? What could alter your decisions? Are you comfortable with making a decision and settling on it? Do you like being able to change your decisions, after you've made them?

I prefer to make decisions by gathering information, and simply attempting a solution. Sometimes impulsively in an effort to see how doing A leads to B, mostly for fun. However, when I'm not rashly pursuing a possibility, I like to put a great deal of planning into my decisions. When it comes to problems and puzzles, I like to formulate as many solutions as possible, which is why I loathe when someone insists there's only one right solution. I ask myself what kind of information I should have before taking action; Where I should begin for what path. I take into account anything, really. I'm of the opinion that no information from a situation is useless. What could alter my decisions is new information. I take my time making decisions because I enjoy having information to work with, and don't like to think that I'm missing anything before acting. I can't say that I'm often comfortable making a decision and settling on it, because it always feels restrictive if the decision does not allow for the input of new information. I love being able to alter my decisions after I've made them.

Detail some things that piss you off - stress triggers - feel free to explain the reasons why these things irritate you - I don't want to hear about mild irritations - I want to hear about things that simply make your blood boil, or make you want to take action to alter the situation - things that make you want to leave an environment, things that make you dislike someone, things that truly get to you as a person and grate on every fiber of your being.

Nothing really makes my blood boil, but:
Stubbornness/Dogmatism. The reasoning behind this being that I always strive for open-mindedness, so when someone refuses to change their opinion or consider another perspective, I can't help but feel angry, because they're wasting my time. Especially if someone attempts to force their idea on me by saying it's the 'right' one, because then they're forcing their narrow view onto me, and I won't be held back by that kind of foolishness.

Detail a time (or times) in your life when you felt at your absolute best - when you didn't feel any kind of anxiety, when you didn't feel judged, when you felt appreciated for who you are, when you felt at your most creative, when you felt like "you".. you get the gist. You at your best, tell us about it.

A time in my life when I felt at my absolute best was when I was able to work with my fellow band members on song ideas. There was no anxiety, no judgment; Just music, the idea of knowing that whatever you threw onto the table would be respected, and the fact that I had a place where my creativity was respected instead of criticized.

What are the strongest parts of your personality? The best traits about yourself.

By far, in my opinion, the strongest part of my personality is my adaptability.

What is one specific trait that you value in others, yet simply do not possess yourself - though, if you were to work on it, it would really balance out your personality?

I honestly could not say one trait that I value in others, yet don't possess myself. I tend to work on traits in myself as I need them, then discard traits as I don't need them. Adapting to other people is the way I balance my personality.

What are the differences between how others see you, and how you see yourself?
Feel free to elaborate and explain the reasoning.

The differences between how others see me and how I see myself are simply that other people tend to view me through their own perception, and what I act like towards them. Whereas I view myself as who I really am behind the curtain without external influences.

What is a perfect day to you?

A perfect day to me is simply being free to pursue my own interests without being interfered with.

What is a perfect night to you?

Same answer as before.

What is your idea of a perfect world?

My idea of a perfect world is a world in which people are free to express themselves for who they are without limitations, and fear of restriction (Within reason, of course).

What is your idea of hell on earth?

My idea of hell on earth would have to be knowing that you could not express your ideas, emotions, logic without some external force telling you how you're wrong, and forcing you to conform.

Are you, most of the time, acutely aware of the people, things and events occurring in your immediate surroundings?

I would say that for the most part, I'm well aware of the people, things and events occurring in my immediate surroundings, although after I've accounted for them, I tend to zone out until something new happens.

Do you find yourself engaging in the sounds, colours, textures, scents and tastes of your environment - i.e, enjoying what you are currently experiencing, most of the time?

In the sense that I note the sounds, colors, textures, scents and tastes, and yes.

Do you seek common ground, when faced with new situations - thoughts like "this is like _____" or "this is similar to _____" - something that will stabilize the current situation and turn it into something more comfortable for you?

I cannot say that I do out of turning it into something comfortable for me. Upon entering a new situation, I tend to disregard the similarities of how it compares to past information in favor of experiencing and noting it for what it is.

Do you find you have a strong sense for how things 'should be', even when faced with something unfamiliar?

I can't say that I do.

Do you actively engage in promoting a harmonious atmosphere - be honest with yourself, this includes being a conflict-averse introvert.

I do often engage in promoting a harmonious atmosphere to the extent that I'm known as the peacemaker of my friend group.

Do you actively seek to connect with other people, and do you make use of social niceties in order to interact with people more smoothly - to make them feel validated, accepted, comfortable? - this includes regular use of "please", "thank you", etc.. general social niceties.

Yes. I think that it is absolutely essential to do just that, and I cannot recall the last time I left a conversation in which I was not as courteous to them as possible in order to forge a positive connection.

Do you find yourself not being dependent on agreement and harmony around you, as long as the current situation doesn't impact on your own personal inner balance?
An example of this might be if you are doing something, and people are arguing in the same room - are you able to remain yourself, or will it affect your inner balance in a noticeable way?

I wouldn't say that I'm dependent on agreement and harmony around me, but I often go out of my way to ensure that my environment is a harmonious one, because it allows everyone involved to be productive, and it tends to make me uneasy when there's hostility present.

Do you try to win others over to your point of view, in debates, arguments or just chit-chat in general?
I.e seeking agreement from the other person. Have a real think about this question, and be honest with yourself.

No. I simply listen to the other person's stance, present the similarities and differences it presents with my own, and acknowledge their points. I see no need to convert someone to my perspective.

You just read that a local vacuum company just went bankrupt.
What your thoughts - feel free to expand and explore your thoughts and ideas as much as you like here. Please don't say "who cares?". Just do it.

I would most likely think "Oh no, that's terribly unfortunate. I hope that the workers will be able to find new jobs quickly."

Do you comfortably juggle multiple possible options in your mind, when problem solving? Do you find yourself exploring each of them - entertaining any possibilities that may arise from them, and enjoy envisioning scenarios where these might play out?

I constantly juggle multiple possible options in my mind when problem solving. I explore each possibility to the best of my ability, and often spend ridiculous amounts of time dedicated solely to how each one could play out.

Do you have a tendency to organize the world around you? Is it important for you to be in an orderly environment?
This might manifest as a preference for predictability - consider these questions on a smaller scale than what might be in your mind - i.e. is it important that the knifes go in the knifes slot, that the Nintendo games go where the Nintendo games go, etc..

I don't have much of a tendency to organize the world around me.

Do you find you are impatient with regards to efficiency?
Again, consider this also at a smaller scale - for example, do you prefer to rush through whatever chores that need to be done, so they're out the way?

I can at times, but I try for the sake of other people to take care in completing what needs to be done, even though I'd much rather be doing something more interesting.

Do you find yourself taking over certain tasks because you know you can do it quicker?
This might be as mundane as telling your partner or friend, that you'll do the dishes - because you know they'll take forever and it's just 'better' for you to do it, and smash 'em out ASAP so they're done.

I find it's more interesting and polite to observe how they complete the same tasks, as opposed to taking over the task in favor of accomplishing it faster.

Is it important for you to define things in your head?
This might manifest as googling words you've unfamiliar with so you actually know for sure what you're reading, or it might manifest as a preference to completely understand something to the point you can explain it to others in a simplified manner - born out of the precise definitions you've crafted in your mind.

Absolutely. I read dictionaries in my free time, and make a complete effort to understand whatever crosses my path so that if someone I know needs the information, it's available to them in a way that's easy to understand.

Is it of high importance to you, to understand all of the pieces of a puzzle.. or all of the information you're given, before coming to a decision or a conclusion about anything?
This might manifest as a tendency to hesitate when coming to conclusions or decisions as you don't feel you fully defined, or understood, all relevant information yet.

It is of utmost importance for me to understand all the pieces before making a decision or conclusion.

Reactions: Jewl and Xcopy

·
Registered
130 Posts
I can see why you are hard to type. I'll give you some general observations and you can decide for yourself how to accept it.

Fe-Ti appears to be the most present axis. Your need for clear words and harmony are very clearly Fe-Ti. For a minute I thought Fi-Te, mainly due to your comment on not wanting an outside force influence your opinions, but Ti can also value that and you don't seem to use Te.

Se-Ni appears to be your preferred perceiving axis. Your lyrics reflect a future vision and your enjoyment of the process of creating music is also Se-Ni. Your choice of words temporarily made me think Ne because big words tend to be Ne but you use them to move forward 1 specific idea -> Se data points feeding an Ni vision.

I can't pin down which function is repressed. Se seems your most repressed so INFJ. But I'd see arguments for other orientations (ISTP/ENFJ, not so much ESTP).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Firstly, thank you so much for this questionnaire @Turi.

Onto my answers:

Pick a word, any word - brainstorm - whether it's just words that spring to mind, or ideas, or memories, whatever - just brainstorm for a while. No restrictions. Below is a link for a random word, if it helps.
https://randomwordgenerator.com

Verily, Exsanguination, Paradisiacal. These words came to mind mostly because I've connected them to form a phrase that goes "In truth, only by enough loss to induce the end can one reach the ladder". Which, to me, means that our greatest struggles forge us into the people we need to be, whether we like it or not. Sometimes those struggles defeat us, and force us to examine ourselves; And sometimes they succeed in pushing us in a way nothing else could.
Most likely Ni. The word "allegorical" springs to mind for me.
Not so much the words you've chosen, rather that you've gone straight to metaphors etc that mean something deeper to you.
I do this all the time, I nerd out with the dictionary and try to use words I haven't used or seen before (pretty much for song lyrics, lol) - for lack of anything more concrete, what you've said here resonates with me, how my mind works, and I'm an Ni dominant.

Shouldn't compare in that fashion, really.

Write a short story - feel free to freestyle, or use the picture you chose as inspiration, or the results from your brainstorm, or all of the above, doesn't matter. Just write a short story. Below is a link for writing prompt ideas.
https://thestoryshack.com/tools/writ...mpt-generator/

Frankly, I didn't just write this, it's actually an excerpt from a longer song I wrote, but:

"The world as we know it lies entombed beneath the ashes of time, as the fires of the end incinerate everything in vain. The wasteland that we’ve created is all that’s left to be, and in this betrayal of ourselves and this world is the result of a broken unity. The dissension of the skies and the bloodstained soil are the remnants of pain defined, and of reason to sympathize at the evidence we‘ve allowed our morals to die. After all, it was only a matter of choices, a matter of life or death, and we’ve run out of time to decide. But how foolish we were to believe that these matters could be handled by men with corrosive ideals and a vainglorious desire for power that couldn’t be rivaled by the most vile of creatures. This apocalyptic ruination is not a disaster of nature, nor a catastrophe of the universe, but rather the symbolization that mankind has annihilated all chances of hope for the environment that granted it life, and that there is no business to be done on a dead planet, and no justice without suffrage for those responsible. As the livelihood of a prosperous world perishes, maybe humanity could benefit from witnessing the very peril that plagued itself, that was never cured."
This is interesting, as it's very literal. Less metaphorical than the above. Pretty straight-forward.
Perhaps the result of having time to refine it.

How did you approach writing your story? Provide as much detail as possible with regards to your writing process.
The way I approached writing the story was by taking a look at the history of humankind, then pursing a story in which humankind meets its demise due to war (Which happens to be what I predict will become of humanity in due time). I suppose if there's any detail to explain about my writing process it's that I wrote as if I was predicting what would unfold. There's not really much structure to the way I write; It's chaotic, and sometimes takes weeks in order to perfect, seeing as how I only write in moments where the greatest inspiration strikes me.
Sounds like Ni-Fe to me. Beginning with an abstract topic (related to humanity - indication of Fe? it's a stretch), and then you drift off into.. basically your own little world of what will happen to peoples lives.

Generally, an INFJ will have a structure to their writing - I know you say you don't, but when you're taking weeks to perfect something, and are awaiting inspiration for the next bit etc, surely this would be your own form of 'structure'.

Out of curiosity, how do you fare when you have to write according to rules set out by others?

Describe your verbal communication skills, your written communication skills, and your body language.
Feel free to go in-depth. If possible, detail your natural communication and body language preferences in various circumstances - with friends, with strangers, at work, in one-on-one situations, in group situations, personal, impersonal, that kind of thing. If anything irritates you about how others communicate, talk about that too. The more information, the better.

My verbal communication skills are not refined, per say. I can communicate effectively more often than not, but I have a tendency to speak nonsensically, so in my interactions with others, (if I can help it) I try to keep the conversation straightforward and concrete. I can express myself much better through writing than in speaking, because I feel less pressure. My natural communication preferences are essentially the same; Straightforward, concrete, and careful not to speak too abstractly that someone misunderstands what I'm trying to say. It's something I've had to work on, because it doesn't come naturally to me, but it's what allows other people to understand what I'm trying to say. I can't say that I have any body language preferences, other than I tend to mirror other people and predict how to react to their body language to ensure the best outcome. Nothing really irritates me about the way others communicate, because I can understand even the most vague forms of communication for the most part.
Suggestive of Fe - you care that people understand you clearly and you've taken the time to work on yourself so you can communicate more effectively with others. Likely, an Fi type wouldn't be as influenced by how others perceive them.

Straightforward and concrete preferences of communication could be interpreted as possibly Te, or Se or Si as well - but you explain that this is a learned skill, something you intentionally do. Not natural. So I would rule those out a little.

Run us through your entire process - use specific examples, if possible - some ideas for your answer -
what questions do you ask yourself, if any? What goes through your mind? What do you take into account? What could alter your decisions? Are you comfortable with making a decision and settling on it? Do you like being able to change your decisions, after you've made them?

I prefer to make decisions by gathering information, and simply attempting a solution. Sometimes impulsively in an effort to see how doing A leads to B, mostly for fun. However, when I'm not rashly pursuing a possibility, I like to put a great deal of planning into my decisions. When it comes to problems and puzzles, I like to formulate as many solutions as possible, which is why I loathe when someone insists there's only one right solution. I ask myself what kind of information I should have before taking action; Where I should begin for what path. I take into account anything, really. I'm of the opinion that no information from a situation is useless. What could alter my decisions is new information. I take my time making decisions because I enjoy having information to work with, and don't like to think that I'm missing anything before acting. I can't say that I'm often comfortable making a decision and settling on it, because it always feels restrictive if the decision does not allow for the input of new information. I love being able to alter my decisions after I've made them.
This paragraph screams Ne to me.. when something isn't important - just "see what happens" essentially.. could be Ne, or Se.
Could it be that your Ni and Se are more closely intertwined, than in an Ni dominant, and this is the reason for such a response?
Sounds like Ti + Ne to me, more than that.

Detail some things that piss you off - stress triggers - feel free to explain the reasons why these things irritate you - I don't want to hear about mild irritations - I want to hear about things that simply make your blood boil, or make you want to take action to alter the situation - things that make you want to leave an environment, things that make you dislike someone, things that truly get to you as a person and grate on every fiber of your being.

Nothing really makes my blood boil, but:
Stubbornness/Dogmatism. The reasoning behind this being that I always strive for open-mindedness, so when someone refuses to change their opinion or consider another perspective, I can't help but feel angry, because they're wasting my time. Especially if someone attempts to force their idea on me by saying it's the 'right' one, because then they're forcing their narrow view onto me, and I won't be held back by that kind of foolishness.
Okay, so you seem to oppose certain traits commonly associated with Te. I'm like 90% certain you prefer the Fe-Ti axis now, where it falls into your stack I'm unsure. Not sure which perception axis you prefer yet.

Detail a time (or times) in your life when you felt at your absolute best - when you didn't feel any kind of anxiety, when you didn't feel judged, when you felt appreciated for who you are, when you felt at your most creative, when you felt like "you".. you get the gist. You at your best, tell us about it.

A time in my life when I felt at my absolute best was when I was able to work with my fellow band members on song ideas. There was no anxiety, no judgment; Just music, the idea of knowing that whatever you threw onto the table would be respected, and the fact that I had a place where my creativity was respected instead of criticized.
Interesting - sounds like an extraverted perceiving function is where you're at your best and most creative - when you've got the freedom to just throw your ideas out there and see how they go, basically.

What are the strongest parts of your personality? The best traits about yourself.

What is one specific trait that you value in others, yet simply do not possess yourself - though, if you were to work on it, it would really balance out your personality?

I honestly could not say one trait that I value in others, yet don't possess myself. I tend to work on traits in myself as I need them, then discard traits as I don't need them. Adapting to other people is the way I balance my personality.

What are the differences between how others see you, and how you see yourself?
Feel free to elaborate and explain the reasoning.

The differences between how others see me and how I see myself are simply that other people tend to view me through their own perception, and what I act like towards them. Whereas I view myself as who I really am behind the curtain without external influences.
This sounds like a lot of Ne+Fe to me. Adaptability as your strongest trait - there's something I wouldn't expect to hear from an Ni dominant. Curious as to the possibility of you being a well-read ENTP who's making healthy use of their Fe.

What is a perfect day to you?

A perfect day to me is simply being free to pursue my own interests without being interfered with.

What is a perfect night to you?

Same answer as before.

My idea of a perfect world is a world in which people are free to express themselves for who they are without limitations, and fear of restriction (Within reason, of course).

My idea of hell on earth would have to be knowing that you could not express your ideas, emotions, logic without some external force telling you how you're wrong, and forcing you to conform.
Sounds like Fi, but considering your responses so far, this may be Ti projecting, lol.
These responses could also line up with inferior Si - not wanting rules, regulations, restrictions etc, preference for complete freedom.
Interesting.

Are you, most of the time, acutely aware of the people, things and events occurring in your immediate surroundings?

I would say that for the most part, I'm well aware of the people, things and events occurring in my immediate surroundings, although after I've accounted for them, I tend to zone out until something new happens.
Indication of Pe over Pi.

Do you find yourself engaging in the sounds, colours, textures, scents and tastes of your environment - i.e, enjoying what you are currently experiencing, most of the time?

In the sense that I note the sounds, colors, textures, scents and tastes, and yes.

Do you seek common ground, when faced with new situations - thoughts like "this is like _____" or "this is similar to _____" - something that will stabilize the current situation and turn it into something more comfortable for you?

I cannot say that I do out of turning it into something comfortable for me. Upon entering a new situation, I tend to disregard the similarities of how it compares to past information in favor of experiencing and noting it for what it is.
Either repressed Si or Ni - leaning towards repressed Si as a preference to experience the situation and note it for what it is, is an indication of an extraverted perceiving function.

Do you find you have a strong sense for how things 'should be', even when faced with something unfamiliar?

I can't say that I do.
No, I gathered that much, lol - repressed Si, or complete lack of Si.
Could also be interpreted as a lack of Ni as well, considering how Ni always tends to know the way things will go.

Do you actively engage in promoting a harmonious atmosphere - be honest with yourself, this includes being a conflict-averse introvert.

I do often engage in promoting a harmonious atmosphere to the extent that I'm known as the peacemaker of my friend group.

Do you actively seek to connect with other people, and do you make use of social niceties in order to interact with people more smoothly - to make them feel validated, accepted, comfortable? - this includes regular use of "please", "thank you", etc.. general social niceties.

Yes. I think that it is absolutely essential to do just that, and I cannot recall the last time I left a conversation in which I was not as courteous to them as possible in order to forge a positive connection.
Tick for Fe.

Do you find yourself not being dependent on agreement and harmony around you, as long as the current situation doesn't impact on your own personal inner balance?
An example of this might be if you are doing something, and people are arguing in the same room - are you able to remain yourself, or will it affect your inner balance in a noticeable way?

I wouldn't say that I'm dependent on agreement and harmony around me, but I often go out of my way to ensure that my environment is a harmonious one, because it allows everyone involved to be productive, and it tends to make me uneasy when there's hostility present.

Do you try to win others over to your point of view, in debates, arguments or just chit-chat in general?
I.e seeking agreement from the other person. Have a real think about this question, and be honest with yourself.

No. I simply listen to the other person's stance, present the similarities and differences it presents with my own, and acknowledge their points. I see no need to convert someone to my perspective.
Can rule out Fi.

What your thoughts - feel free to expand and explore your thoughts and ideas as much as you like here. Please don't say "who cares?". Just do it.

I would most likely think "Oh no, that's terribly unfortunate. I hope that the workers will be able to find new jobs quickly."
Fe.

Do you comfortably juggle multiple possible options in your mind, when problem solving? Do you find yourself exploring each of them - entertaining any possibilities that may arise from them, and enjoy envisioning scenarios where these might play out?

I constantly juggle multiple possible options in my mind when problem solving. I explore each possibility to the best of my ability, and often spend ridiculous amounts of time dedicated solely to how each one could play out.
Clear indication of Ne-Ti, unsure which way around, but considering the amount of Fe also prevalent in your responses.. probably Ne-Ti-Fe-Si.

Do you have a tendency to organize the world around you? Is it important for you to be in an orderly environment?
This might manifest as a preference for predictability - consider these questions on a smaller scale than what might be in your mind - i.e. is it important that the knifes go in the knifes slot, that the Nintendo games go where the Nintendo games go, etc..

I don't have much of a tendency to organize the world around me.
Rule out Te.

Do you find you are impatient with regards to efficiency?
Again, consider this also at a smaller scale - for example, do you prefer to rush through whatever chores that need to be done, so they're out the way?

I can at times, but I try for the sake of other people to take care in completing what needs to be done, even though I'd much rather be doing something more interesting.
Fe.

Do you find yourself taking over certain tasks because you know you can do it quicker?
This might be as mundane as telling your partner or friend, that you'll do the dishes - because you know they'll take forever and it's just 'better' for you to do it, and smash 'em out ASAP so they're done.

I find it's more interesting and polite to observe how they complete the same tasks, as opposed to taking over the task in favor of accomplishing it faster.
Rule out Te again, likely with a preference for perceiving over judging in general, as you note observation, rather than taking over, or offering to help, etc.

This might manifest as googling words you've unfamiliar with so you actually know for sure what you're reading, or it might manifest as a preference to completely understand something to the point you can explain it to others in a simplified manner - born out of the precise definitions you've crafted in your mind.

Absolutely. I read dictionaries in my free time, and make a complete effort to understand whatever crosses my path so that if someone I know needs the information, it's available to them in a way that's easy to understand.

Is it of high importance to you, to understand all of the pieces of a puzzle.. or all of the information you're given, before coming to a decision or a conclusion about anything?
This might manifest as a tendency to hesitate when coming to conclusions or decisions as you don't feel you fully defined, or understood, all relevant information yet.

It is of utmost importance for me to understand all the pieces before making a decision or conclusion.
Well developed usage of Ti.

Initially, I thought you might be a fellow Ni dominant, however as I progressed through your responses, it became apparent your perceiving axis is Ne-Si. That way around, as well, as you repress your Si.

Obviously, you prefer the Ti-Fe axis, I'm unsure which way around - so possibilities I can come up with:

ENTP - most likely - your preference for Fe might stem from being a type 9 Enneagram.

INTP - less likely - you act through your Fe, and have an obvious focus on things generally associated with Fe (people).. again this might be due to your Enneagram type, but you have well developed Ti, so it can't be ruled out.

Considering the amount of Fe in your responses, another possibility is that you're an ENFJ, and I have a messed up interpretation in my head, of how Ni-Se would manifest in the auxiliary and tertiary positions.

Ti simply isn't your weak spot though, so I don't feel this is very likely.
I don't think Ni dominant is very likely as some of the responses you've given are just clearly Ne, and they directly clash with Ni (at least how I am, I might be mistyped, who knows) - things like juggling multiple options.. that would give me a headache.. exploring all of the possibilities from those options, again, this is headache inducing to me.. you get the gist.

I believe the most likely possibility, like I said, is ENTP.
I think you have well-developed Ti, and you apply that to your Ne, and this perhaps come across in a way that resembles Ni to other people - I can't believe that Fe would be your inferior function - because you value it, and your inferior function is Si.

Just my 2p.
I could be miles off.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most likely Ni. The word "allegorical" springs to mind for me.
Not so much the words you've chosen, rather that you've gone straight to metaphors etc that mean something deeper to you.
I do this all the time, I nerd out with the dictionary and try to use words I haven't used or seen before (pretty much for song lyrics, lol) - for lack of anything more concrete, what you've said here resonates with me, how my mind works, and I'm an Ni dominant.

Shouldn't compare in that fashion, really.

This is interesting, as it's very literal. Less metaphorical than the above. Pretty straight-forward.
Perhaps the result of having time to refine it.

Sounds like Ni-Fe to me. Beginning with an abstract topic (related to humanity - indication of Fe? it's a stretch), and then you drift off into.. basically your own little world of what will happen to peoples lives.

Generally, an INFJ will have a structure to their writing - I know you say you don't, but when you're taking weeks to perfect something, and are awaiting inspiration for the next bit etc, surely this would be your own form of 'structure'.

Out of curiosity, how do you fare when you have to write according to rules set out by others?

Suggestive of Fe - you care that people understand you clearly and you've taken the time to work on yourself so you can communicate more effectively with others. Likely, an Fi type wouldn't be as influenced by how others perceive them.

Straightforward and concrete preferences of communication could be interpreted as possibly Te, or Se or Si as well - but you explain that this is a learned skill, something you intentionally do. Not natural. So I would rule those out a little.

This paragraph screams Ne to me.. when something isn't important - just "see what happens" essentially.. could be Ne, or Se.
Could it be that your Ni and Se are more closely intertwined, than in an Ni dominant, and this is the reason for such a response?
Sounds like Ti + Ne to me, more than that.

Okay, so you seem to oppose certain traits commonly associated with Te. I'm like 90% certain you prefer the Fe-Ti axis now, where it falls into your stack I'm unsure. Not sure which perception axis you prefer yet.

Interesting - sounds like an extraverted perceiving function is where you're at your best and most creative - when you've got the freedom to just throw your ideas out there and see how they go, basically.

This sounds like a lot of Ne+Fe to me. Adaptability as your strongest trait - there's something I wouldn't expect to hear from an Ni dominant. Curious as to the possibility of you being a well-read ENTP who's making healthy use of their Fe.

Sounds like Fi, but considering your responses so far, this may be Ti projecting, lol.
These responses could also line up with inferior Si - not wanting rules, regulations, restrictions etc, preference for complete freedom.
Interesting.

Indication of Pe over Pi.

Either repressed Si or Ni - leaning towards repressed Si as a preference to experience the situation and note it for what it is, is an indication of an extraverted perceiving function.

No, I gathered that much, lol - repressed Si, or complete lack of Si.
Could also be interpreted as a lack of Ni as well, considering how Ni always tends to know the way things will go.

Tick for Fe.

Can rule out Fi.

Fe.

Clear indication of Ne-Ti, unsure which way around, but considering the amount of Fe also prevalent in your responses.. probably Ne-Ti-Fe-Si.

Rule out Te.

Fe.

Rule out Te again, likely with a preference for perceiving over judging in general, as you note observation, rather than taking over, or offering to help, etc.

Well developed usage of Ti.

Initially, I thought you might be a fellow Ni dominant, however as I progressed through your responses, it became apparent your perceiving axis is Ne-Si. That way around, as well, as you repress your Si.

Obviously, you prefer the Ti-Fe axis, I'm unsure which way around - so possibilities I can come up with:

ENTP - most likely - your preference for Fe might stem from being a type 9 Enneagram.

INTP - less likely - you act through your Fe, and have an obvious focus on things generally associated with Fe (people).. again this might be due to your Enneagram type, but you have well developed Ti, so it can't be ruled out.

Considering the amount of Fe in your responses, another possibility is that you're an ENFJ, and I have a messed up interpretation in my head, of how Ni-Se would manifest in the auxiliary and tertiary positions.

Ti simply isn't your weak spot though, so I don't feel this is very likely.
I don't think Ni dominant is very likely as some of the responses you've given are just clearly Ne, and they directly clash with Ni (at least how I am, I might be mistyped, who knows) - things like juggling multiple options.. that would give me a headache.. exploring all of the possibilities from those options, again, this is headache inducing to me.. you get the gist.

I believe the most likely possibility, like I said, is ENTP.
I think you have well-developed Ti, and you apply that to your Ne, and this perhaps come across in a way that resembles Ni to other people - I can't believe that Fe would be your inferior function - because you value it, and your inferior function is Si.

Just my 2p.
I could be miles off.
Thank you for that, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. It's always insightful to see someone else's interpretations of what I said.

It's interesting that what you found in my answers lead you to conclude the most likely possibility is ENTP, because I get typed as INFJ (And to some extent, ENFJ) so often, and I've never felt that was quite right.

To answer your question though: The way that I fare when I have to write according to rules set out by others mostly depends on how much freedom I have. If there's a general guideline, I don't usually have an issue (Although I spend more time writing when it comes to something that's for someone else). However, if the parameters are severely restricting, I can still do it, but it gets on my nerves a little.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Thank you for that, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. It's always insightful to see someone else's interpretations of what I said.

It's interesting that what you found in my answers lead you to conclude the most likely possibility is ENTP, because I get typed as INFJ (And to some extent, ENFJ) so often, and I've never felt that was quite right.

To answer your question though: The way that I fare when I have to write according to rules set out by others mostly depends on how much freedom I have. If there's a general guideline, I don't usually have an issue (Although I spend more time writing when it comes to something that's for someone else). However, if the parameters are severely restricting, I can still do it, but it gets on my nerves a little.
I can understand why some people might type you as an INFJ, or an ENFJ - I think the way you apply your Ti to your Ne is very healthy, and could perhaps appear as Ni to some - not to mention nerding out with a dictionary and using out of the ordinary words will give you a slightly more philosophical, or 'intelligent' vibe - often associated with Ni.

But, your responses outside of pretty much the first one or two slip into Ne land, and I believe Si is likely your inferior function, so to me it just makes sense that what I'm seeing is actually a preference for Ne-Si with Ti being applied in a positive way to the Ne.

It could be that you're an INTP, but you value Fe too much, it just doesn't come across from your posts in the way I envision it in my head from researching it, nor does it come across as how inferior Fe is portrayed in "Was That Really Me?" by Naomi Quenk.

Out of curiousity - which of the two 'packs' of words below, do you relate to most?
I stress most, as you'll likely relate to both quite a bit.. at gunpoint, which ones more you.
If any words spring out as definitively not you, which one/s and why?

- Adaptive, independent, analytical, outspoken, challenging, questioning, clever, resourceful, creative, strategic, enterprising, theoretical.

- Committed, holistic, compassionate, idealistic, conceptual, intense, creative, loyal, deep, reserved, determined, sensitive.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can understand why some people might type you as an INFJ, or an ENFJ - I think the way you apply your Ti to your Ne is very healthy, and could perhaps appear as Ni to some - not to mention nerding out with a dictionary and using out of the ordinary words will give you a slightly more philosophical, or 'intelligent' vibe - often associated with Ni.

But, your responses outside of pretty much the first one or two slip into Ne land, and I believe Si is likely your inferior function, so to me it just makes sense that what I'm seeing is actually a preference for Ne-Si with Ti being applied in a positive way to the Ne.

It could be that you're an INTP, but you value Fe too much, it just doesn't come across from your posts in the way I envision it in my head from researching it, nor does it come across as how inferior Fe is portrayed in "Was That Really Me?" by Naomi Quenk.

Out of curiousity - which of the two 'packs' of words below, do you relate to most?
I stress most, as you'll likely relate to both quite a bit.. at gunpoint, which ones more you.
If any words spring out as definitively not you, which one/s and why?

- Adaptive, independent, analytical, outspoken, challenging, questioning, clever, resourceful, creative, strategic, enterprising, theoretical.

- Committed, holistic, compassionate, idealistic, conceptual, intense, creative, loyal, deep, reserved, determined, sensitive.
I would have to say the first group.

If there any words from those listed that spring out as being definitively not me, I would have to say Outspoken. I do like talk about my ideas, but I tend to think of others when deciding whether or not stating something would be a good idea. And I do like to be straightforward, but in a kind sense, as opposed to bluntly.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I would have to say the first group.

If there any words from those listed that spring out as being definitively not me, I would have to say Outspoken. I do like talk about my ideas, but I tend to think of others when deciding whether or not stating something would be a good idea. And I do like to be straightforward, but in a kind sense, as opposed to bluntly.
Those 'word packs' were from the official MBTI online website - the first one was ENTP, the second one was INFJ.
Take from that what you will.

Outspoken as the one word that's definitely not you is a pretty obvious one, I already knew you'd pick that - it likely stems from your type 9 Enneagram typing, as does the general 'caring what other people will think' vibe you have.

I think you're a combination of ENTP and Enneagram type 9, and this gives you an xNFJ vibe to others.

I could be wrong though, keen to hear what other people chime in with.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I looked over everything, and I would have to say, I am inclined to agree with Turi. I've seen plenty of signs of Si inferior, more than Fe-inferior in you, so I would say yes. ENTP. You're not an obvious ENTP, but an ENTP all the same.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I looked over everything, and I would have to say, I am inclined to agree with Turi. I've seen plenty of signs of Si inferior, more than Fe-inferior in you, so I would say yes. ENTP. You're not an obvious ENTP, but an ENTP all the same.
Anybody who is an obvious anything, is probably trying their hardest to fit into a particular box.

Reactions: Xcopy

·
Registered
746 Posts
Anybody who is an obvious anything, is probably trying their hardest to fit into a particular box.
Understandably, I can see what you mean, but in general, I believe it's actually possible that they could simply just not be aware of the functions they exhibit. That perspective would indicate that a good number of people in a type me thread understand the basics of MBTI, while it can happen, I can tell when there is a clear ignorance of it that gives way to the naivety and unawareness of how certain functions work. For example, in the beginning, and I know you noticed it as well, Rou seemed similar to a Ni-user, which I realized only happened because the question made them focus their Ne in one particular directional subject matter. To me, the fact that they needed to work on it, meant that they came up with various options and considered this one to be the one of their liking. I am sure if Rou looked at it now or later, it's likely he would probably be able to come up with alternative lyrics to the song.

I believe some of your questions give way to better methods of typing people, while others seem a bit more restrictive unless you shift your methods a bit.

·
Registered
730 Posts
but I have a tendency to speak nonsensically, so in my interactions with others, (if I can help it) I try to keep the conversation straightforward and concrete. I can express myself much better through writing than in speaking, because I feel less pressure.
TI-Fe Communication compromise
Focus on accuracy and your opinions are not closed off to filter non-facts. I would dedicate this to Ti-Ne. I think introversion is first due to exploring options being held off until things are thought through (internal before external action).
Lower Fe

A perfect day to me is simply being free to pursue my own interests without being interfered with
Introvert process before extroverted processes. Fe is apparent. Ti-Fe.
In the sense that I note the sounds, colors, textures, scents and tastes, and yes
More Si than Se as you aren’t engaging with the environment but passively taking account information stemming from external factors.

Ti tend to have a proclivity towards appreciating individual opinion due to its introverted focus. So this makes me think Ti-Ne.
This is the only point that made me question tert Fe and in it being the only point- I’d have to go with Intp.

Hmmm…yes, yes, ive heard of places like this, sounds like a little place I know called Earth.

Reactions: Rouskyrie

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
Ti-Fe was super obvious, Si-Ne was less obvious, but in my opinion distinctly there. You don't seem to have a common mbti/enneatype combination which I think is causing the problem here. I think there's a good chance you could be an ENTP 9w1. I was inclined to say INTP because you seem relatively reserved, but there's too much Fe present (I almost said INFJ at one point). I'll include the major points of why I made my decision since your questionnaire was relatively long and I'd be repeating myself.

I bolded what stood out most to me. Your writing style and word choice sort of reminds me of my boyfriend's (He's an ISFJ), a writing style I associate in particular with Si-Ti users. You describe your writing style as chaotic and unstructured, which is suggestive of a perceiving type. Writing about what "you predict will unfold" would often be mistaken as Ni-esuqe, but the way you wrote it was by taking what had already happened and using that as a guide for the way events will unfold, which sounds distinctly Ne-Si (and Ti) to me. [Also you have a really pretty writing style by the way]

I have no doubt you're on the Fe-Ti axis

Prior to this, I was genuinely considering 5w6 INFJ for you, but this is definitely Ne-Si. A lot of what I bolded really comes down to the Ne-Si axis tendency to generate as many possible courses of action as possible and compare them to each other to see which actions would be the most efficient/useful/easiest to take. The fact that make a decision feels restrictive pushes toward the fact that you are a percieving type; Judging types like things a bit more "set in stone" because it's difficult to adapt.

Welp, now I'm certain you're not an INFJ

This is a Fe I'm pretty sure

This actually sounds Pe dom

This is incredibly Fe and type 9

Not inferior Fe probably

More of the Ne-Si axis

This is very Ti

Honestly, as a lot of people here have suggested, I think ENTP 9w1 works, especially since you've mentioned you identify as a 9w1 with a 5w6 and 2w1 fix. The one thing that gets me throughout your questionaire is the distinct presence of Fe, however I believe that is purely because of the presence of 2 and 9 in your stack.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@reckful. Do you think there's any chance you could offer your insight?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
@reckful. Do you think there's any chance you could offer your insight?
Based on a quick look at some of your earlier type-me posts and your posts in this thread, I've got strong leans in the I, N and F directions. And a pretty strong P lean, too, just not as strong as the other three — and I don't rule out the possibility that there may be a significant number of people for whom INFx is at least arguably a more apt label than INFJ or INFP.

If you haven't seen it, this post (from earlier today) has some possible further typing assistance for you — including a link to a 10-post (I am not making this up) type-me-oriented cornucopia at Typology Central that starts here.

My MBTI perspective is dichotomy-centric, as you probably know, and in case you've been led to believe that dichotomy-centric is synonymous with superficial, that misunderstanding is discussed at some length in this TC post (also linked to at the end of the first post I linked you to).

To hit on one issue briefly: the MBTI tug that makes a desire to help others, and a sympathetic concern for others' feelings, a central aspect of somebody's personality is an F preference generally, rather than an FJ thing — with FPs more selfish, or cold, or whatever. So if you've been led to think you're a J based on poor "Fe" and "Fi" descriptions that imply otherwise, rather than on more respectable INFJ and INFP profiles (and characterizations of the J/P dimension), I'd urge you to reconsider.

I didn't see anything in any of the self-descriptive posts I looked at that's F-related and that would be significantly inconsistent with INFP. And on the other hand, you sound more P-ish than J-ish to me overall.

As previously noted, that 10-post roundup includes quite a lot of discussion of all four MBTI dimensions, and it includes a two-post "J/P roundup" (one and two), and a third post with my jaundiced take on the notion that the similarities between INFJs and INFPs are superficial and the differences are deep — because when you cross that magic line from J to P, it flips all your functions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts