Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get restless on occasion? I'm generally pretty good with staying at home and doing nothing all day, but sometimes I get these incredibly insane bouts of restlessness where I desperately want to go out and do something. Like now, for instance. I just want to leave the house, even if it's just for ice cream. It's totally sporadic and it makes me want to rip my hair out.

It doesn't really help much that I haven't had a lot of free time lately. School is kicking my ass and every day, I'm working to meet a deadline. It's driving me insane, and I'd rather be doing anything else. I'd almost rather spend an entire week locked in a room with every annoying cheerleader at school. :angry:

Anyway. Am I the only one?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Anyone else get restless on occasion? I'm generally pretty good with staying at home and doing nothing all day, but sometimes I get these incredibly insane bouts of restlessness where I desperately want to go out and do something. Like now, for instance. I just want to leave the house, even if it's just for ice cream. It's totally sporadic and it makes me want to rip my hair out.

It doesn't really help much that I haven't had a lot of free time lately. School is kicking my ass and every day, I'm working to meet a deadline. It's driving me insane, and I'd rather be doing anything else. I'd almost rather spend an entire week locked in a room with every annoying cheerleader at school. :angry:

Anyway. Am I the only one?
as long as the cheerleaders are cute I wouldn't mind. I get this feeling often though, it's like I need to listen to someone complain.

·
Registered
466 Posts
This happens to me a lot. When I lived at home I would get like this every once in a while. The internet can get boring and sometimes I just need to get out. Now, I live in a dorm and am surrounded by people ALL THE TIME!!! So sometimes I just need to get away and have a surge to just go for a walk to the library or go get food or something. I don't like being around people and not do anything except just sit there. If I have to interact with people I like doing something. Both times I feel restless but both times for different reasons. I don't usually get bored though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Oh yea totally. When I have to go out, I just have to go out, and its almost always for something minor like going to the store to buy a poptart, lol. I'll just find an excuse to step outside and walk a little.

For some reason, this restlessness happens at night most of the time.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Same here. Though there's not much to do around here at night, so I'm kind of screwed.
Yea, there ain't much around here either. I'm a simpleton though and just sitting on the park swings or walking and breathing the cool winter air satisfies me....the majority of the time :D

Or, you could BURN off that restlessness by going for a nasty 'ol run.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Whenever I feel restless it's usually because I have to much stuff waiting to be mulled over or I just desperately need to be alone, sometimes being outside helps but only if its dark and there are no people

Reactions: slyspy

·
Registered
525 Posts
I get this also, it's like all the pent-up energy you amassed just needs to be released.

It always feels like a huge sigh in my mind after I'm done with it. Like : "Well got that out of the way, now I can go back to doing what I normally (want) to do. . . where's the TV-remote and my pc?"

·
Banned
649 Posts
Yea, there ain't much around here either. I'm a simpleton though and just sitting on the park swings or walking and breathing the cool winter air satisfies me....the majority of the time :D

Or, you could BURN off that restlessness by going for a nasty 'ol run.
That sounds a lot like me. The nasty 'ol run definitely helps. :D I enjoy running a lot and breathing in fresh air.

Unless I'm completely engrossed in something that really interests me, I can't take sitting in one place for over 2 hours at a time. Especially if the air I'm breathing is stale or just stagnant.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That sounds a lot like me. The nasty 'ol run definitely helps. :D I enjoy running a lot and breathing in fresh air.

Unless I'm completely engrossed in something that really interests me, I can't take sitting in one place for over 2 hours at a time. Especially if the air I'm breathing is stale or just stagnant.
Ugh, I know that feeling. That feeling of being in a room with stale or stagnant air. This coupled with my moments of anxious thoughts is a mind f*cker.

But yea, I usually dislike runs, but punishing myself in that way and actually accomplishing my goal of getting to certain somewhere by running feels good. The physical burn coupled with the sense of accomplishment gets me ready to go back home and do whatever it is I'm supposed to do. Though being the INTP I am, sometimes it is short lived due to my monstrous procrastination habits. But hey, a good run does no one harm, right? :p

·
Banned
649 Posts
Ugh, I know that feeling. That feeling of being in a room with stale or stagnant air. This coupled with my moments of anxious thoughts is a mind f*cker.

But yea, I usually dislike runs, but punishing myself in that way and actually accomplishing my goal of getting to certain somewhere by running feels good. The physical burn coupled with the sense of accomplishment gets me ready to go back home and do whatever it is I'm supposed to do. Though being the INTP I am, sometimes it is short lived due to my monstrous procrastination habits. But hey, a good run does no one harm, right? :p
Oh yes. Though the stagnant air tends to give me a headache-which I really cannot stand!

I see. I would never use running to punish myself. I run just for the fun of it. Its relaxing and makes me feel alive. I also use it as a chance to think and reflect on the day or other things. By the time I'm done reflecting, my run is basically over! :D And running does no harm at all..its good for your health.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I like to go for a jog, or a long walk and explore some streets I'm not very familiar with when I get this way.

Oh yes. Though the stagnant air tends to give me a headache-which I really cannot stand!

I see. I would never use running to punish myself. I run just for the fun of it. Its relaxing and makes me feel alive. I also use it as a chance to think and reflect on the day or other things. By the time I'm done reflecting, my run is basically over! :D And running does no harm at all..its good for your health.
Mhm ditto on the stagnant air. It can be 30 degrees but I am still opening the window in here at times to let a fresh breeze zip through.

Reactions: FillInTheBlank

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I used to take walks in the local park late in the day, although that was usually when I was in a really good place in my life and felt like enduring the cold. I'd love to go for a walk right now, but sub zero temperatures are getting in the way unfortunately. Arguably though, that can be part of the fun.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Restlessness occurs for me when I have a bunch of energy stored up that is about to go into something but I have no idea what it will be.
Sometimes I put it towards something silly like reorganizing my shelves or moving things around in my apartment, or cleaning something I don't use.
What I've learned now when I feel it is that it is more likely a result of needing some sort of life change. I look at where I'm living, how my social life is, what I'm doing for work, reexamine my goals (if I have any) and assess where I'm at. Feeling extremely restless is a precursor for something big so I try and use it to make improvements rather than ignore what has been eating away at me before it passes by.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts