Fi = 62.2%
Ne = 40%
Se = 42.5%
Te = 22.5%
Fe = 20%
Si = 17.5%
Ni = 17.1%
Ti = 14%

The highest two are the most important and its consistent that my highest scores are opposite my lowest scores (no neck and neck extroverted feeling and introverted feeling for example) so it should mean either INFP or ISFP. I'm ok with the results but in order to narrow it down and for accuracy I'm wondering the test I did on this website to calculate these percentages, came with a different number of questions for the functions, so does that not leave a margin of error? in order to differentiate between the likest possibilities it must, I'm thinking particularly for the lower percentages.

Any set of configurations means I will have one low scored function instead of simply all of my highest scored functions (Fi, Ne, Se, Te) but with these results I've been able to "rule out" eleven types because those eleven types either don't make sense to have my weakest function leading, the opposite of my dominate function leading, my strongest function in last place or my two dominate functions (Introverted Feeling and Extroverted Intuition ) not there at all. So I've been able to rule these eleven types out (configurations all very different from INFP & ISFP)

For that reason, I've put the only probable possibilities in order 1. INFP 2. ENFP 3. ISFP 4. ESFP 5. INTJ

My logic is that these are the possibilities accounting for the margin of error, none have all of my highest four because the configurations don't work that way (four extroverted functions with one introverted function) though there is consistency having ruled the others out. 1. INFP 2. ENFP with the same highest functions switched place. 3. ISFP is third with dominate Fi but without Ne anywhere in the stacking. 4th ESFP introverted feeling in the second auxilary position and then last place, 5. INTJ, which like the rest have all my top functions save one but unlikely to lead with my second lowest score and is least like the others (5th place) although consistent because based on function stackings INTJ is more similar to INFP then INFJ is.

So I realize having written this it won't help to pin-down my type on its own, I did it this way because the point or one points of the percentage scoring method is to avoid the Forer effect by having to compare by reading ...

So I haven't narrowed it down for me yet but what do you think, is this on the way there? this broadened possible types (for the margin of error) while the original result is still valid, INFP or following that, ISFP.

But logically based on functions alone, it would not seem Si dominate ISFP with no Ne is any likier then ENFP with the two highest flipped or does it? is there a way to suss it out, without reading the descriptions?

Perhaps to narrow it even further the answer is to interrogate ISFP ( Fi Se Ni Te ) to ENFP's order of functions ( Ne Fi Te Si) in which case I might be really comparing Ni VS Si

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, that was a little practice I did, I say we should go a head rule out ESFP & INTJ. No, the test was calculated by hand from a type yourself page on this board. I feel better going by cognitive functions then taking quiz tests. It's probably also more fool proof to decide on what functions you likely favor then going straight to reading descriptions. It gives you a outline or framework

There aren't many words that have been used to described me, they are are quiet (five years old and up) private, persistent, determined, polite, moody, a yo yo (do a lot or do nothing) discriminating taste, and deep (essay report) the first test I took in high school was consistently ISTP for a few years but I think either I changed or that result was affected by depression or mistyping. I am balanced feminine and not a tomboy, not at all independent or mechanical. Quite different, then again for some reason the two types people are stick between for James Dean are INFP or ISTP lol so people contain multitudes.

I know no type is better then any other but I like INFP for others its probably my favorite but its not how I want to see myself, how common is that? I'd prefer to see myself as a ENFP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts