Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep testing as either an ENTP or ENTJ. I know, the functions are totally different so in theory I should know very clearly which one is me.

I think my function order is Ni Te Ne Ti Fi Se Fe Si. That would make me closest to an... INTJ? Huh? I have never considered myself an introvert at all.

I have ENTP and ENTJ -ish qualities. What I get more hung up on are my traits that are inconsistent with the standard description for each type.

I'm Unlike an ENTP because:
- I'm not a prankster or silly. I'm pretty serious usually.
- I prefer to plan things.
- I worry a lot. I feel like "carefree" and similar words don't apply, exactly.
- I don't love to argue.
- I don't like science/gadgets/etc.

I'm Unlike an ENTJ because:
- I'm not organized with physical objects and space. (ie My desk is a mess, etc.)
- I do not like rules. I like manipulating the system so that it works for me.
- I like to start things more than I like to finish them.
- While I like things to be scheduled, I wouldn't say I like routine. I like to do different things every day and have lots of new experiences; I just like to know what to expect.

(Of course, being unsure of your type is apparently very ENTP-ish.)

I made a thread about my type before and got mixed assessments. (Click Here) Which seems most fitting?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For my ENTP ex who was an enneagram type 3 'workaholic'

"I'm not organized with physical objects and space. (ie My desk is a mess, etc.)" - The physical organization of things only applies to sensor Js. Intuitive judgers can be much more messy with their physical environment because objects don't really matter to them much. They may be applying their powers of organization to other areas of their life, for example an INTJ can have a messy desk and room while he is in charge of organizing a team at work or organizing a project. It is just that intuition says physical mess is not that relevant to spend your life on cleaning it (entropy always takes over).
"I do not like rules. I like manipulating the system so that it works for me." - This is usually sign of a Ti, introverted subjective logic that says "screw what is logical by outside standards, I will use my own logic to manipulate environment to my own benefit"
"I like to start things more than I like to finish them." - Even though I am an intuitive judger I will sometimes start things then drop them because they don't feel meaningful any more. I probably feel worse about dropping them, but well developed intuition can override the J part as I have already commented about mess/cleanliness in physical environment.
"While I like things to be scheduled, I wouldn't say I like routine. I like to do different things every day and have lots of new experiences; I just like to know what to expect." - same comment as above, N can make the J more messy

Place to read about function in detail: Function Attitude
Thanks, I didn't know that.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ENTP to the core.
The beaten into submission, soulless non-smiling kind.

I envy you, and pity you at the same time.
:crazy:
I laughed.

Both ENTJs I know are exact in their decisions and have no doubt that they are ENTJs and the three ENTPs I know (myself included) all tend to think they're something else at times. That could be the P kicking in.
Yeah, it feels like if you're an ENTJ you *know.* It's just my Te/Ti and Ne/Ni are all strong and I have a hard time ordering them. :p I feel like intuition is first but I'm not sure if its Ni or Ne. Now I'm thinking it's Ne. Blah.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.