Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name an INFP on these forums and the type you think they REALLY are. :wink:

Rules:
(1) Be kind. No spite, anger, etc. in posts.
(2) Don't take it seriously. This is supposed to be a fun thread, and I don't wanna call a wahbulance.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
faeriegal713 - I wonder if she's INFJ, she seems to have some qualities that relate to being one.

Fae, I hope you're okay that I wrote this.

I would like people to honestly retype me (nicely please) because I occasionally wonder if I'm ENTP or something. (Please do)

I definitely have ''N'' preference though. But well that's my opinion.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I know a few candidates for isfp but they will resent being called such. : P Theres nothing wrong with being an isfp.. *sigh*

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Yesterday I thought that bottes is INTP

Reactions: clear moon

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
faeriegal713 - I wonder if she's INFJ, she seems to have some qualities that relate to being one.

Fae, I hope you're okay that I wrote this.

I would like people to honestly retype me (nicely please) because I occasionally wonder if I'm ENTP or something. (Please do)

I definitely have ''N'' preference though. But well that's my opinion.
One of my really good friends is an INFJ and I think I've picked up on a few of her mannerisms and whatnot, but there are several things about us that we drive each other crazy over that are considered more archetypal for the two types. (The most obvious of which is that I cannot plan things in advance to save my life and she likes to know what's coming up, what to expect, and how it's going to happen.) She has helped me a lot to try to look past my Ne/Fi judging tendencies a bit so that I do resemble Ni/Fe dominant at times. So, of all the types you could choose, yup, INFJ would be one of the easiest ones for me to have to look closely at.

As for Izzie, I haven't thought of you as an ENTP - the few NTs I've had the pleasure of knowing have all tended to be fairly controlled and passionate would not be a good descriptor for them. ENFP maybe, though I don't know enough about the type to really say anything more than to say that in a lot of ways you do make me think that you're more extroverted than you like to think.

Rogue Eagle - sometimes I have wondered if he wasn't an SP until I realize that NFs or NTs can be just as amused at saying "f-you and your silly ideas!" to stir things up. Actually, they're probably BETTER at doing that than the SPs. So I guess that means I'd have to peg you up here as an ENTP for the hell of it. Well, maybe your Star Wars avatar has something to do with it as well... ;-)

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
One of my really good friends is an INFJ and I think I've picked up on a few of her mannerisms and whatnot, but there are several things about us that we drive each other crazy over that are considered more archetypal for the two types. (The most obvious of which is that I cannot plan things in advance to save my life and she likes to know what's coming up, what to expect, and how it's going to happen.) She has helped me a lot to try to look past my Ne/Fi judging tendencies a bit so that I do resemble Ni/Fe dominant at times. So, of all the types you could choose, yup, INFJ would be one of the easiest ones for me to have to look closely at.

As for Izzie, I haven't thought of you as an ENTP - the few NTs I've had the pleasure of knowing have all tended to be fairly controlled and passionate would not be a good descriptor for them. ENFP maybe, though I don't know enough about the type to really say anything more than to say that in a lot of ways you do make me think that you're more extroverted than you like to think.

Rogue Eagle - sometimes I have wondered if he wasn't an SP until I realize that NFs or NTs can be just as amused at saying "f-you and your silly ideas!" to stir things up. Actually, they're probably BETTER at doing that than the SPs. So I guess that means I'd have to peg you up here as an ENTP for the hell of it. Well, maybe your Star Wars avatar has something to do with it as well... ;-)
I think INFJ's just have this ''accommodating'' factor which I notice in you.. Heh..In a good way, that is.

As for ENTP stuff...

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/35388-sometimes-i-wonder-if-im-entp.html

I don't know honestly. I am not sure. It's possible that I am not, that it just might be because I want to be taken as one of the ''visionaries'' and like the idea of being a strict ENTP-like political analyst one day :crazy: Ahaha.

I think the one thing I don't see myself as is a Sensor. There's nothing wrong with Sensors, I just don't see myself as one. Although if my attitude at times resemble like one, it could be because there's too many Sensors in my life, including my own parents... Bleh.

Apologies for the ramble.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I wouldn't type you as an S myself. If I was to type you as anything I would say INFJ as well, but I do think you're more of an INFP.

I myself wouldn't try and type others, not only would it be a shot in the dark (my typing skills are as good as my gunslinging skills!) but I could seriously undermine someone's confidence or self-understanding in the process of enriching my own ego or outright delusion. If I would do anything, I would suggest others just drop their type and enneagram completely like I did. It's actually been quite liberating. I honestly don't know whether I'm INFP or not but my path is now my open and my own, being labelled as a type is too much being liked being chained in the box I think.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Izzie, I'm pretty convinced you're an INFP or an INFJ (do you use introverted intuition? I wouldn't be surprised). I don't really see ENTP in you at all.

Most INFPs I've seen here seem to be well-typed, but I think there's a few that aren't... I guess I'll post if I see any of them.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i think it's weird and knda funny that some INFPs think they're ENTP. like i don't have a problem with them or anything but we're really diffrent, Fi Ne Si is far from Ne Ti Fe. like i really doesn't understnad that.
And to be completly honest i neer question any INFPs type
Calavaire, i honestly think your an INFP, i mean looking at our common mistypes, your for sure not and ENFP, INTP doesn't sound right for you your to much of a feeler. So if i were to guess you as not an INFP i'd guess you as a ISFP. but as i said i think your an INFP, but if you ant tobe mysterious"unknown typ"thats fine by me
Fira:you and INFP with well developed sensing thats all. comparing you to my RL ISFP friend you have alot of differences, you use alot of Ne in my opinion!

i wonder if anyone think i'm an ENFP!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Yesterday I thought that bottes is INTP
I've been wondering the same thing, but I think I'll give up on trying to type myself and settle with life on the heart/brain border for a while... the more I try to understand cognitive functions and apply that knowledge to understanding myself, the more I forget which way is up

I think Paradigm could possibly be in the INXP club too.
as for Izzie... I think she is an NF with high value placed on intelligence and rationality, which could make the line dividing her perception of her current self and her ideal self kind of murky... but I don't know anyone well enough to say.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I know a few candidates for isfp but they will resent being called such. : P Theres nothing wrong with being an isfp.. *sigh*
I see nothing wrong with ISFPs. I think you should just be honest and say the members that you feel may not be INFPs. I think outside help can sometimes be good when figuring a type. Personally, I'd like to know if anybody had doubt about my type :tongue:

Reactions: Roze

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Frankly, I suspect people of being other types when they say things that I can't possibly understand about their personalities:

THEM: I like attention.
=
ME: Friggin' Extrovert!

THEM: I like to wear makeup.
=
ME: Friggin' Sensor!

THEM: *long complicated theorizing*
=
ME: Friggin' NT!

THEM: X = ______. There are no other possible solutions for X.
=
ME: Friggin' J!

I frankly think, Izzie, that you are a Fi user but not a Fi-dominant personality type. To me it seems further back. I also think you have a lot of iNtuition going on. In addition, I really think a lot of your qualities seem extroverted - you seem to be more social than withdrawn in nature, but just don't really fit in with your culture's values. I'm going to guess you might be an ENFP. However, it's hard to type you because your dramatic and manic sides totally throw everything off.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I think I'm mostly INFP, just with very high ambitions...something like that.

I think the number of INFP's I know on the forum here are INFP's at the core... Except a few come across as INFJ's, maybe it's because of the ''accommodating'' factor.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I frankly think, Izzie, that you are a Fi user but not a Fi-dominant personality type. To me it seems further back. I also think you have a lot of iNtuition going on. In addition, I really think a lot of your qualities seem extroverted - you seem to be more social than withdrawn in nature, but just don't really fit in with your culture's values. I'm going to guess you might be an ENFP. However, it's hard to type you because your dramatic and manic sides totally throw everything off.
In my life, I have a bunch of ST's and NT's that had confused my life out of hell, regardless that I care about them.

My mum's a Sensor, so she brought me up teaching me to be more fashionable/wear make up, etc.

That could explain my dramatic personality. I like the ST's and NT's, but sometimes I think I want them to give me more space.

As for me not fitting in my culture's values..I don't feel like I belong anywhere.

I sound Western sometimes, but I don't really fit in Western's culture either :dry:

1 - 20 of 178 Posts