Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been typed INFJ and I agree with much of it but I'm so unsure.. I'd love it if you could help me figure this out ^^"

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I can be a very logical person, I'm advanced by two years in maths. I also have a fair amount of initiative, but in a sort of detached way - almost (not quite) an in the spur of the moment type thing. Actually, the main reason is I feel INFJ is so rare that I couldn't be one of those people.. Though I am a fairly unique person.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I really want to help people because I feel better when the people around me feel better. It's sort of my way of life that I help people and don't expect anything in turn. I love helping people realise why they are as they are and help people be their best. :kitteh:
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I'm with a friend or friends I can really connect with - going shopping with them and talking. They're also fairly idealist (I'll openly admit to idealism playing heavily into my daily life) and we talk about how things should be, philosophy and how we feel about everything. My friends are mostly girls. I'm a straight guy, so terribly sorry if I offended anyone with that statement. When I am with them I feel like I'm at my finest. Also when I'm alone and able to find time to play my instrument (expressively) or read philosophical texts. I'm not quite sure I'm answering this question correctly but you must have some idea. I feel at my finest because of the connections I make with people or idealism that plays out in my head. :tongue:
4) What makes you feel inferior?
I'm kind of competitive. When someone plays better than me or has superior skills in the same niche as me I feel inferior. Yet I help these people achieve such levels. :rolleyes:
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
First, how I feel about it.
Second, people. They shape how I feel about something and usually I read their moods about my decision. Yet much of the time I like to think I don't care about what people think about me - not as if they think badly of me. I actually don't quite know what they think.. Hm.
Third - logic. Usually I consider emotions over logic in weighing whether or not to do something. Sometimes logic is very clear and I take this path over emotions. Difficult to say.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I end up working as a group leader through peer pressure much of the time, so I see that everything gets done. Though I do step up to the role gladly because often times I can't see the project getting done as well if someone else headed the effort. In that way, I guess I do like having control of the outcome.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Going out with my mum for Dim Sum. We had a nice conversation going the entire time and really gained insight into each other. The setting was very nice, I loved the serene , centred atmosphere. It felt like a dream. :happy:
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I usually write and rewrite, though I know it's not the best method for myself. When I have time I enjoy writing, reading, generally studying by candle-light. It usually takes me a while to realise it would help to link things I want to memorise with silly mnemonics or other things.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm naturally disorganised but sometimes force myself into pulling together. Generally, disorganised but not terribly so.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Things click easily in my mind. I would see the principle behind it generally, I see everything as very much objective, I look more at an abstract concept.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I find harmony through many different ways. Both by being myself, following what I believe. I have very strong beliefs that aren't quavering at all, though I sometimes wish I could relax a bit. I care very much about how people feel and as I've said, I feel better when they feel better.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I speak as I think? I believe I think before I speak but I don't really go so far as to figure out exactly what I'm going to say... I very much prefer one-on-one communication. I can really get across what I want to and connect more easily.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I jump into action fairly easily and end up overloading myself with things to do a lot of the time. Action is the means through which I create change largely. But I do like connecting by talking to people. Actually, often times words are my action.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Probably stay home. My friends' definition of a night out is a very tame party (nerd parties!) at a friend's house. We call them raves but they're not that crazy. I might go, might not. Not if it's too late. (like after 19:00)
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Not much different - just a little more quiet. I don't love stress but cope with it decently.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Self-centredness, lack of intelligence or intuition. I really don't like it when people don't realise why they do what they do (their motivations). Also, I don't like people who merely stay with the mainstream instead of attempting to realise what they really like. Also, I feel that everyone should have a desire to improve and be the best they can be and never settle for "good enough" when there's something to be worked on.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I love talking about meta-cognition, psychology in general, politics, maths, and idealism.
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Generally things that detract from my ability to live freely and without too much care. Such as my ego (I try to keep that out of sight), how I'm doing (I prefer to help others), etc.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends really like me. They think I'm a tall band geek who loves British Television, Korean Dramas, anime and all things Asian. Also, they know I love to contemplate and that I have a fair amount of energy and can seem to have a young energy about me (bubbly-ish I guess?). They may consider me to be rather sterile if they don't know me well enough (I really don't know about this one) but I love being warm and organic - being a unique energy. They're right on some main points but my love of Asia stems more from idealism about their cultures and the way I wish things were. My friends would never say I'm super-serious, just that I can be serious. Also, they'd never say I'm boring or that they don't like me. :kitteh:
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Going to the Japanese market, watching some Doctor Who, hanging out with some friends I can talk with. I love the feeling of being with people I can really gain insight into.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Just from reading number 1 I've determined you are an INFJ. Then I read the rest of it and it was verified.

INFJs can be very logical people. Furthermore, a reaction so typical to INFJs is to not believe they are one when they find out how rare INFJs are.

Don't let the logic throw you off.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Actually, I think you are an ESFJ. Certainly extroverted, the S/N is a bit more shaky.

Your goals- they are all about something outside of yourself. I found this post about introversion vs extroversion very enlightening. Even describing what you do when alone-it is all extroverted activity! You said you see everything as very much objective-an introverted dominant like an INFJ would think the opposite.

So why do I think Fe dominant over other extroverted dominants? You are concerned about evaluations of things-goodness, badness, comfortable, uncomfortable- this is all F. And how do you determine this? External arbiters; the judgments of your friends, the conclusions of philosophies.

And finally, why I chose S over N auxiliary. Your auxiliary is pretty introverted (Si), but keep in mind that the auxiliary and tertiary are much more fluid than the dominant-inferior dynamic. It is not strange for it to appear introverted at some times, extroverted at others. Some other ESFJs may have generally Se-like auxiliary, which may be the cause of some disagreement amongst the type. Anyways, back to S vs N. You look at how things should be- not what they mean or what hidden truth they show, but what they are. And Si in particular, you see not what this specific thing is like, but the general, abstract concept of it. You said it yourself- you look at the ideal forms of things. Si would say that warmth is comforting because that's what it is, Se would say that warmth was pretty comforting in that one situation but it doesn't have anything to do with the concept.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts