Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well, no question that he's a ExxP. And a man-child. :D His Ne is very strong, as he's constantly bouncing ideas off of people for whatever happens to pop into his mind that day. But I don't see where the man uses a ton of Ti. He seems to be more motivated for what he feels is right, or what he feels like doing in the moment. And I don't see ENTPs being as Papa-Bear protective of their daughters as he is with Alexis. (Am I right in typing her as a INFJ?)

So, my opinion is the same as it was when I first started watching the show. ENFP.

·
Registered
277 Posts
No, I think you're right.

I know this is a Rick Castle thread, but what about Kate? Seriously, the woman is a MBTI wild card. All I can figure out is that she's a IxxJ. Thoughts?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know this is a Rick Castle thread, but what about Kate? Seriously, the woman is a MBTI wild card. All I can figure out is that she's a IxxJ. Thoughts?
She is difficult to type! I think she’s definitely an IXTJ. Beckett seems more Ni than Si because she makes intuitive jumps in cases (similar to Castle...but more focused) and doesn’t value tradition/duty/following the rules like most ISTJs I’ve met do. So, my guess is INTJ.

·
Registered
277 Posts
And what about the boys? Esposito as a xSTP and Ryan as... huh, I don't really know Ryan that well. Thoughts?

On a side note, Lanie has to be the most badass ESFJ I've ever seen. Martha, though - ESTJ? ESTP? For someone so sure of herself, her actions, and her convictions, she can be very flighty.

·
Registered
309 Posts
And what about the boys? Esposito as a xSTP and Ryan as... huh, I don't really know Ryan that well. Thoughts?

On a side note, Lanie has to be the most badass ESFJ I've ever seen. Martha, though - ESTJ? ESTP? For someone so sure of herself, her actions, and her convictions, she can be very flighty.
I think Martha is an ESTP for sure. Ryan might be ISFJ which I guess goes quite well with Esposito's STPness. What about Captain Montgomery (R.I.P)? He seemed like a SJ cop boss at the beginning, but after that big reveal in the finale, I wonder if he's not an NF.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I still say ISTJ or ISFJ - just with strong Fi, maybe? There's nothing else besides the finale to suggest he would be NF.

What about motorcycle boy? I think he's a pretty big stereotype of a ENFJ or a ESTP because of his need to be on the move, off halfway around the world, and his very obvious Fe which distracts him from the task at hand. Until the season opener, he didn't strike me this way, but his blatant Fe rant?

And as for Iron Gates - I'd say she's a classic ESTJ HBIC stereotype. Nothing like Montgomery, just like they say.

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
Castle, an ENTP who develops his feeling side throughout the course of the series. Going all papa bear on Alexis does not mean he's a feeler; he obviously cares for his daughter, but, he's always encouraging to her to develop her own values and to think for herself. It's something that strikes me more Ti/Fe then Fi/Te. He's not an authoritative parent which might possibly exclude Te. Look closer at his thought process when he's piecing clues at the whiteboard. He brainstorms the most absurd ideas, Ne, and pieces them together logically. The only exception is when his friends or family are involved, but, it's understandable to show emotional bias in those circumstances regardless of type. Remember the wit, banter, and crazy off the cuff ideas? Definitely ENTP.

Martha, my guess is ESFP. ESTPs strike me as assertive, practical people. Martha is anything but that; she's intelligent, caring and capricious. She's also got the innate joie de vivre and flair common to most healthy ESFPs. Agreed, Laney is the most badass ESFJ ever. She's amazing! Ryan, I don't know, if not ISFJ then INTP. He's usually the one pitching in random ideas when Castle and Beckett get stuck or in trouble. I second Espo being an ESTP. He's the more practical of the two.

Kate, she's sectretive, she's private and she's difficult to get to know. She's has an innate talent to put on front on her personality. Text book INFJ. She's very different at the office, on the street and in private. The others are quite consistent with their personalities. She can come off ISTJ at the office, and can be a little bossy, but her laying down the law on castle doesn't have the same effect as an INTJ.

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
I could see that; I assumed Ne because of personal bias being an Ne dom myself therefore focusing on his ideas, but, he does have excellent people skills, a very active social life and is very close with his family. I accept you argument of ESFJ with a strong Ne; although, I'm still holding on to ENTP with a highly emphatic Fe because of his fluidity of ideas and his ability to improvise. Technically, they're the same functions; I'll keep that in mind next time I'll watch the show. Good argument. You think he might be a little irresponsible and too much of a pest to be an SJ?

Kate, I'm sticking with my INFJ hypothesis, I see her more Ni then Si; just watch how she meditates over the white board. Alexis is an definitely an SJ.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I could see that; I assumed Ne because of personal bias being an Ne dom myself therefore focusing on his ideas, but, he does have excellent people skills, a very active social life and is very close with his family. I accept you argument of ESFJ with a strong Ne; although, I'm still holding on to ENTP with a highly emphatic Fe because of his fluidity of ideas and his ability to improvise. Technically, they're the same functions; I'll keep that in mind next time I'll watch the show. Good argument. You think he might be a little irresponsible and too much of a pest to be an SJ?

Kate, I'm sticking with my INFJ hypothesis, I see her more Ni then Si; just watch how she meditates over the white board. Alexis is an definitely an SJ.
I would say castle is usually an ENTP and Kate an INFJ. Although, I would have to argue that the show can be inconsistent with behaviors. Castle seems to flip between ENTP and ENFP. Kate seems to do the same with INFJ and INTJ. Either way the relationship dynamic remains the same. IRL I think the actors are ENTP and INFJ, maybe that's why there is a bit of bleed through.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts