Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riddle Me This? (Male & Female - All Types) Sample Friendship/Dating Conversations?

I have some curiosities I would love to have answered by ALL types (REPRESENT Y'all :)

Let's get to know each other better! Plus, we can practice our captivating and witty repartee which we all possess ;)Answer only what you wish...

1. Do you like what you do? What would you do if money was no constraint?

2. Is there anyone in this world that you love so much you would give your life for them? Care to share whom?

3. If you could locate anyone from your past that you really miss, who would it be?

4. If you could have someone killed just by saying the word, no one would ever find out and you would never be charged with any crime, would you?

5. What fear would you most like to conquer?

6. Have you ever dated two people at once, without them knowing about it?

7. Have you ever used being drunk/high as an excuse for doing or saying something?

8. If you could have sex with any 3 people or characters, who would they be?

9. What is the cause you most believe in?

10. Do you like your online and real life relationships (friendships or romantic) to mix or to be distinctly separate entities?

Thank you for playing with me!

(My own answers are forthcoming. I just want some of yours first to 'play off of' :)

·
Banned
1,309 Posts

I'm a student that generally deals with a large workload, so nope. I'd like to work with animals or people. Being some kind of a star/personality would probably be really fun, but being an animal trainer or something like that would be better I think.

2. Is there anyone in this world that you love so much you would give your life for them? Care to share whom?

Honestly, I don't think so. I don't think I could really answer this unless push came to shove, though.

3. If you could locate anyone from your past that you really miss, who would it be?

I know where pretty much all of the people from my real life past are (thank you facebook), so it'd probably be a girl I met online a looooong time ago and lost contact with.

4. If you could have someone killed just by saying the word, no one would ever find out and you would never be charged with any crime, would you?

Nope.

My fear of dying alone maybe? I don't think marriage is really my thing and see it as kinda pointless, but I could see myself getting married against my true wishes in order to prevent said fear.

Yup, if by dating you mean just casual dating and not in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

7. Have you ever used being drunk/high as an excuse for doing or saying something?

Nope!

Hell if I could actually narrow it down to 3 :tongue:

LGBT freedom of expression and animal rights are both up there. I think the #1 cause for me though would be preventing human starvation. I think it's total bullshit that some people starve while others roll in money. Despite my passion though, I think it's a trickier subject than that and simply taking money from rich people and throwing it at the poor is a bad idea.

10. Do you like your online and real life relationships (friendships or romantic) to mix or to be distinctly separate entities?

I honestly hate it when they mix too much, though I'm more comfortable than I used to be, and I want to get to the point where I'm completely comfortable with them mixing.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have some curiosities I would love to have answered by ALL types (REPRESENT Y'all :)

Let's get to know each other better! Plus, we can practice our captivating and witty repartee which we all possess ;)Answer only what you wish...

1. Do you like what you do?
bumming is alright i guess. you can't beat lack of responsibility.

What would you do if money was no constraint?
live inside a library

2. Is there anyone in this world that you love so much you would give your life for them?
no.

no one.

hard one. i don't think so.

i don't have fears, just lots of questions.

sure, even 8 at once without even the people themselves aware that they were in a relationship with me.

no

realistically, none

none

i don't hold any relationships with anyone

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'm a student that generally deals with a large workload, so nope. I'd like to work with animals or people. Being some kind of a star/personality would probably be really fun, but being an animal trainer or something like that would be better I think.

Honestly, I don't think so. I don't think I could really answer this unless push came to shove, though.

I know where pretty much all of the people from my real life past are (thank you facebook), so it'd probably be a girl I met online a looooong time ago and lost contact with.

Nope.

My fear of dying alone maybe? I don't think marriage is really my thing and see it as kinda pointless, but I could see myself getting married against my true wishes in order to prevent said fear.

Yup, if by dating you mean just casual dating and not in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

Nope!

Hell if I could actually narrow it down to 3 :tongue:

LGBT freedom of expression and animal rights are both up there. I think the #1 cause for me though would be preventing human starvation. I think it's total bullshit that some people starve while others roll in money. Despite my passion though, I think it's a trickier subject than that and simply taking money from rich people and throwing it at the poor is a bad idea.

I honestly hate it when they mix too much, though I'm more comfortable than I used to be, and I want to get to the point where I'm completely comfortable with them mixing.
SO happy to make your Aquaintance NAY Friendship :) Your fox pic made my day!

I hope that either your workload lessens or that the end results make the current stress and sacrifice worth it.

My gut instinct is that your self-awareness regarding #5 will lead to your conquering of it or at least not making fear-based decisions with long lasting impact.

I know I will think about your answer to #9 long after I leave this page.

Thanks for replying!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bumming is alright i guess. you can't beat lack of responsibility.

live inside a library

no.

no one.

hard one. i don't think so.

i don't have fears, just lots of questions.

sure, even 8 at once without even the people themselves aware that they were in a relationship with me.

no

realistically, none

none

i don't hold any relationships with anyone
Hi @sockratees! You may be the one friend I have who is more aloof than my cat ;)

I am not sure what it says about me that your hesitation in answering #4 makes me think of you more fondly. LOL.

Thank you so kindly for your reply!

·
Registered
76 Posts

I like my job, yes, but it's not valued as it could be (mentor for youth/young adults). If money was no constraint, I would travel all over the world (save for a few places) and perhaps provide housing for many that need it.

I would give my life for strangers if it was necessary. But that's in the moment. If I actually found that someone doesn't deserve it, however, that's a different story.

N/A

Perhaps. That person would have to have committed some heinous crimes.

Social anxiety. Although I don't think conquer is the correct word here.

No.

Not that I know of.

Any three women that I was close enough to. If we're talking about celebrities and the like, it's not really that interesting of a question to me.

This has to be answered in parts:

1) No gender codification. I only understand Male and Female by sex. Gender is a social construct that we could do without.
2) No need for religion or mysticism.
3) No ownership of people and the acceptance of polyamory.
4) The end of manipulative marketing practices/vanity.

So, in short, I would seek causes that would promote reason and as much social freedom as possible as long as it doesn't result in the direct harm of others.

I am who I am, regardless of the setting. I'm not sure it matters to me. I could know someone online as well as RL.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I came for riddles.
I am disappoint.
Sorry @Wellsy, I would have put that in the entertainment forum. I meant this more as a play on the other meaning of riddle "filled with holes". As in, 'the Mafia Don met his demise, his body riddled with bullets'.

I wanted the questions to poke holes thru the darkness of unfamiliarity and illuminate new understanding. Your way sounds like fun :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I like my job, yes, but it's not valued as it could be (mentor for youth/young adults). If money was no constraint, I would travel all over the world (save for a few places) and perhaps provide housing for many that need it.

I would give my life for strangers if it was necessary. But that's in the moment. If I actually found that someone doesn't deserve it, however, that's a different story.

N/A

Perhaps. That person would have to have committed some heinous crimes.

Social anxiety. Although I don't think conquer is the correct word here.

No.

Not that I know of.

Any three women that I was close enough to. If we're talking about celebrities and the like, it's not really that interesting of a question to me.

This has to be answered in parts:

1) No gender codification. I only understand Male and Female by sex. Gender is a social construct that we could do without.
2) No need for religion or mysticism.
3) No ownership of people and the acceptance of polyamory.
4) The end of manipulative marketing practices/vanity.

So, in short, I would seek causes that would promote reason and as much social freedom as possible as long as it doesn't result in the direct harm of others.

I am who I am, regardless of the setting. I'm not sure it matters to me. I could know someone online as well as RL.
Thank you for indulging me @EnigmaticMan :D

It saddens me that mentoring is undervalued when so many superficial and mundane things are revered. What you do is vital and serves the interests of everyone long-term!

Fascinating that you would consider the greatest sacrifice for strangers :)

I really enjoyed your point about doing away with manipulative marketing combined with vanity. Worthy of more thought on my part for sure!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thank you for indulging me @EnigmaticMan :D

It saddens me that mentoring is undervalued when so many superficial and mundane things are revered. What you do is vital and serves the interests of everyone long-term!

Fascinating that you would consider the greatest sacrifice for strangers :)

I really enjoyed your point about doing away with manipulative marketing combined with vanity. Worthy of more thought on my part for sure!
It is sad that social service/mental health work is undervalued. I mean, private practice psychologists or administrators can make good money but those working on the front line typically do not. :(

I can't understand why someone wouldn't choose to save someone's life (outside of the exception I noted), even if it meant risking their own.

If you stop to think about it, we are bombarded with all kinds of advertisements each and every day (unless you live in the woods or in a cave). They do a great job of using/abusing existing social/gender constructs to grab our attention.

·
Registered
211 Posts

It's alright, i guess. I can think of a lot worse jobs. If I didn't need the money however I'd spend my time riding motorcycles, gaming, reading, taking classes (online most likely), tv, internet, etc. Mainly the stuff i do in my scant free time, just more of it.

Certain family members, maybe a few friends.

Hmm...nah.

Just one? if so, I might not simply because i'd worry about using it up when I may want it more for someone else down the line.

Dealing with new people is difficult, so that.

No.

Frequently, but not to excuse it necessarily, more for context.

I was asked this concerning celebrities, though this question isn't limited to that: Olivia Wilde, Jessica Alba, Gwen Stefani

Cause and effect.

Separate.

·
Registered
680 Posts
No, being jobless is only fun for so long. If money weren't a constraint I'd probably do the same thing I'm doing right now but feel less terrible about having no money.

No.

No one.

No.

Is there an "all" option?

I haven't even dated two people, and I definitely wouldn't do that.

No.

Realistically no one, but if we're talking pure fantasy then you can't just throw in characters and expect me to pick just three.

Probably something to do with animals.

Separate, I suppose. I use Facebook for "real life" online interactions. I have one online friend added on Facebook, and that's the closest I am to mixing them. I'm much more private in real life, and while I never reveal things I want to keep secret, I'd still like to keep online things online if possible.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

It's alright, i guess. I can think of a lot worse jobs. If I didn't need the money however I'd spend my time riding motorcycles, gaming, reading, taking classes (online most likely), tv, internet, etc. Mainly the stuff i do in my scant free time, just more of it.

Certain family members, maybe a few friends.

Hmm...nah.

Just one? if so, I might not simply because i'd worry about using it up when I may want it more for someone else down the line.

Dealing with new people is difficult, so that.

No.

Frequently, but not to excuse it necessarily, more for context.

I was asked this concerning celebrities, though this question isn't limited to that: Olivia Wilde, Jessica Alba, Gwen Stefani

Cause and effect.

Separate.
Luvlee to meet you @The Watcher :) Thank u for your answers.

"Scant"! A pithy, beautifully descriptive word that I had forgotten about.

:D I greatly enjoyed your answer to number 4. It made me laugh audibly.

#9 is exceedingly clever!

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I guess I feel semi-comfortable as a student. So I guess I like it? Although I'm forced to take a lot of classes that I otherwise wouldn't take if I wasn't confined to a major.

If money was no constraint, I'd probably want to be some sort of one-hit wonder who did something really weird that somehow went viral that everyone across America heard about due to it making national news or something.

But then I'd want to disappear into obscurity. And maybe sometimes I'd get recognized for that weird thing that I did that one time. But mostly people wouldn't even connect the dots and realize that I was that person. So almost like an anonymous famous person. You know what I mean? That would be really cool.

I don't know if that counts. I assume you meant a job. But if money is no constraint, why the hell would I get a job?

I guess I don't understand the question :)

No. God no. Maybe one day there will be. But as of right now--NOOOOOO!!!!

Any of my past teachers I would love to meet again. My teachers were my friends as I was growing up... I never had any friends who were peers. Just teachers. :) I loved my teachers...

Yes probably. I would be surprised if I didn't jump at that opportunity.

Fear of letting other people get to know me. Fear of connecting with people.

No.

No, but I would if confronted or questioned.

OH NOOO that's so tough!!! No!!! Awww only 3? :(( Okay let me think about this really hard . . .

1. Probably Scarlett Johansson. But, of course, she would have to want to have sex with me, too. I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who didn't want to have sex with me. That would be no fun whatsoever.

2. Noiz from DRAMAtical Murder. I just find him really hot, okay? Don't judge. Something about that "I can't feel anything" disorder that he has is like so fucking hot wtf idk :laughing: I feel like such a perv. What is this question.

3. This is too hard to choose only 3, so I'll just give you a short list of those who come to mind:
Robin Wright
Jude Law
Thomas Brodie Sangster
I almost want to say Michelle Rodriguez
~and many others~

Animals are not property for human enjoyment. Animals deserve rights and our protection.

Distinctly separate. But they've mixed before in the past and it was fine. But it's always weird.

Reactions: HeartCartography

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, being jobless is only fun for so long. If money weren't a constraint I'd probably do the same thing I'm doing right now but feel less terrible about having no money.

No.

No one.

No.

Is there an "all" option?

I haven't even dated two people, and I definitely wouldn't do that.

No.

Realistically no one, but if we're talking pure fantasy then you can't just throw in characters and expect me to pick just three.

Probably something to do with animals.

Separate, I suppose. I use Facebook for "real life" online interactions. I have one online friend added on Facebook, and that's the closest I am to mixing them. I'm much more private in real life, and while I never reveal things I want to keep secret, I'd still like to keep online things online if possible.
You are clearly a private person @Rice and thus it means MUCH to me that you participated :)

I am sorry for your current unemployment and the resulting stress HUG!

Yes! #5 definitely includes "all" as an option - with the amount of 'folks' who surely feel the same way.

#9 (swoon) I have a soft spot for anyone who cares for animals :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess I feel semi-comfortable as a student. So I guess I like it? Although I'm forced to take a lot of classes that I otherwise wouldn't take if I wasn't confined to a major.

If money was no constraint, I'd probably want to be some sort of one-hit wonder who did something really weird that somehow went viral that everyone across America heard about due to it making national news or something.

But then I'd want to disappear into obscurity. And maybe sometimes I'd get recognized for that weird thing that I did that one time. But mostly people wouldn't even connect the dots and realize that I was that person. So almost like an anonymous famous person. You know what I mean? That would be really cool.

I don't know if that counts. I assume you meant a job. But if money is no constraint, why the hell would I get a job?

I guess I don't understand the question :)

No. God no. Maybe one day there will be. But as of right now--NOOOOOO!!!!

Any of my past teachers I would love to meet again. My teachers were my friends as I was growing up... I never had any friends who were peers. Just teachers. :) I loved my teachers...

Yes probably. I would be surprised if I didn't jump at that opportunity.

Fear of letting other people get to know me. Fear of connecting with people.

No.

No, but I would if confronted or questioned.

OH NOOO that's so tough!!! No!!! Awww only 3? :(( Okay let me think about this really hard . . .

1. Probably Scarlett Johansson. But, of course, she would have to want to have sex with me, too. I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who didn't want to have sex with me. That would be no fun whatsoever.

2. Noiz from DRAMAtical Murder. I just find him really hot, okay? Don't judge. Something about that "I can't feel anything" disorder that he has is like so fucking hot wtf idk :laughing: I feel like such a perv. What is this question.

3. This is too hard to choose only 3, so I'll just give you a short list of those who come to mind:
Robin Wright
Jude Law
Thomas Brodie Sangster
I almost want to say Michelle Rodriguez
~and many others~

Animals are not property for human enjoyment. Animals deserve rights and our protection.

Distinctly separate. But they've mixed before in the past and it was fine. But it's always weird.
You are on to me @emberfly :D I had mild trickery in the asking of the question. I am always curious if people will conclude the question: "what do you do?" pertains to work... It is entirely reasonable to conclude that it does. However, I always feel a frisson of excitement when someone takes the meaning further.

Thank you for the enchanting answer! I imagine you would do something elegantly weird/viral if that makes sense.

As a teacher, I am especially fond of #3. Playing to the crowd :)

Hmmmm, #4 (eyebrow raise) :D

I have to look a couple of your choices from #8 up.

Amen! to #9

In the words of Apu Nahasapeemapetilon: 'Thank you! Come again' :)

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
wat.

meh.

Dowatnow

You have absolutely no idea. Nope.

No one, broke contact with everyone for a reason. I don't remember what, but it's there somewhere.

Considering this is public, no, no I wouldn't, and have never done such a thing.

Dunno, not like I dwell on my fears.

Apparently recently, they were married, it's a long story involving Christianity and a free party.

lolno.

Cthulu, Mothra, and... An Octopus?
What? You said characters, and.. well, I'm curious as fuck as to how it would feel.

Nothing.

I keep things neat and tidy in terms of relationships, having to juggle an assload of social circles was annoying.

Thank you
for playing with me!
I like questionairres.

(My own answers are forthcoming. I just want some of yours first to 'play off of' :)
This game tastes brown.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts

I'm a student at the moment, while I'm good at it, I just want to be done with it and get to work. If money wasn't a constraint I wouldn't need to study to work, I'd just make art because that's who I am deep down.

Not as of yet, no.

No one. If they're in my past they're there for a reason.

No. I stand for what I do, or I don't do it at all.

I think civil courage is hard. Like standing up and speaking for or against complete strangers on the street. I would like to be more brave when it comes to this.

No, never. I think it would be very selfish and if someone did this to me I'd feel very disrespected, so a big no from me.

I've conducted my share of unlucky thinking while intoxicated, embarrassing events but nothing too bad.

I don't keep favourites, there are just too many. I'd probably rather stick to one to be honest.

Sustainable living. Humanity needs to value our planet and the creatures that share it with us more.

Thinking you can't mix online and real life is just silly, and if you for some reason try to keep them separate then you're just lying to yourself and others. For me online is real life too. I'm the same person here as in the "real life".

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wat.

meh.

Dowatnow

You have absolutely no idea. Nope.

No one, broke contact with everyone for a reason. I don't remember what, but it's there somewhere.

Considering this is public, no, no I wouldn't, and have never done such a thing.

Dunno, not like I dwell on my fears.

Apparently recently, they were married, it's a long story involving Christianity and a free party.

lolno.

Cthulu, Mothra, and... An Octopus?
What? You said characters, and.. well, I'm curious as fuck as to how it would feel.

Nothing.

I keep things neat and tidy in terms of relationships, having to juggle an assload of social circles was annoying.

I like questionairres.

This game tastes brown.

LOL. You consistently make me laugh @aef8234

I am always amazed that our minds think so dramatically differently although our 'types' in some ways do not seem far apart. I appreciate the aspects of your 'T' especially. I like your conciseness, quick wit and forward thinking.

Still have #8 on the brain...

Hope the brown was more chocolatey in taste and less crapola ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I'm a student at the moment, while I'm good at it, I just want to be done with it and get to work. If money wasn't a constraint I wouldn't need to study to work, I'd just make art because that's who I am deep down.

Not as of yet, no.

No one. If they're in my past they're there for a reason.

No. I stand for what I do, or I don't do it at all.

I think civil courage is hard. Like standing up and speaking for or against complete strangers on the street. I would like to be more brave when it comes to this.

No, never. I think it would be very selfish and if someone did this to me I'd feel very disrespected, so a big no from me.

I've conducted my share of unlucky thinking while intoxicated, embarassing events but nothing too bad.

I don't keep favourites, there are just too many. I'd probably rather stick to one to be honest.

Sustainable living. Humanity needs to value our planet and the creatures that share it with us more.

Thinking you can't mix online and real life is just silly, and if you for some reason try to keep them separate then you're just lying to yourself and others. For me online is real life too. I'm the same person here as in the "real life".

@Blue Soul Wow! I am humbled by the character and depth your answers revealed.

I LOVE the strength in answer #4. Very interesting...

I wish you success in overcoming #5. Courage is best manifest by those who feel impelled to act DESPITE fear. Thus, I hope that even if you are unable to actually conquer the fear, that you can act despite it :)

So much yes for #9. This is a topic that could be expanded on for ages!

With #10, you provide a thought provoking concept. I enjoy the feel of the 'authenticity' and will ponder this more, I am certain.

Pleasure getting to know you better, to be sure!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts