I’m grateful for my husband and children— more than ever!
I’m grateful to God for this year. This has been a year of miracles and deep personal growth for me. I learned to give myself love this year— I am deeply deeply grateful for the compassion and love my new “mom” Linda has given me. You guys we were almost homeless this year, due to a housing shortage in our area. This woman, this miracle, took my family in. She’s now like a mom who loves me more than my own mom knows how. I will forever and ever be grateful to a God/life/world that makes these miracles happen! So much more meaningful too than anything I could have ever expected.
Sorry, gotta quote Terry Pratchett on all occasions.
I am grateful for loving family.
For food to eat and shelter.
For friends old and young.
For animals to love.
For birds to brighten the sky.
For the seasons.
For sunsets and sunrises.
For my enormous imagination.
That I still live and breathe.
*I have people who truly care about me and are always there when I need them.
*My family <3
*The librarian who opened up to me about his depression today. I suppose sometimes it's better talking to a stranger about your struggles than sharing it with the people who actually know you. Regardless, it put things into perspetive and I'm grateful for that.
*I have a roof over my head. It’s so cold and wet; I don’t understand how anyone can last more than an hour outside. I was talking to a few friends yesterday and we’re planning on providing a ‘care kit’ for the homeless in my area - something to keep them going during the winter!
- That these last few years have been some of the most dark and equally illuminating of my life
- Gentleness, tenderness and fragility - these qualities that I find myself being more attuned to in people and that they're so important and so needed and so beautifully terrifying to come close to in oneself and others
- Humanity in general. That we're all in this - everyone past and present accounted for - through the shared plight of the human condition
- Old people (?lol) This one old lady's smile kind of broke me the other day
- This thread is pretty nice.