Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the most risk taking type personality?

1) Most likely to initiate a high risk business venture?

2) Most likely to leap off a cliff for fun?

State your reasons!:crazy:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I don't really know about the first one, but I think the second is more closely correlated with enneagram than MBTI. I've noticed type 7's tend to be big risk takers, and even 7 wings. I tend to take a lot of risks, and that does not fall in line with ISFP, but it does make sense with a counterphobic 6w7.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about ENTPs? the counter parts of ESTPs

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
ESTP = Se > Ti > Fe > Ni
ENTP = Ne > Ti > Fe > Si

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I actually want to start my own business despite economic hardships.

Jumping off a cliff... what's the point? That isn't fun to me at all and there's the obvious fact that I would get hurt, which I don't really mind, pain comes and goes, but if there's no point, then why do it?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jumping of a cliff is just an example..... What i mean is anything physically risk taking. So I do see a strong correlation on ExxP type and risk taking...... what about NTJ or NFJs?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
xSTPs:wink:

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Which is the most risk taking type personality?

1) Most likely to initiate a high risk business venture?

2) Most likely to leap off a cliff for fun?

State your reasons!:crazy:
Most ESTP's would fit this description. Most ESTP's dominant function is Se and they are very "here and now" present oriented individuals, and many of them take risks for no reason at all. This is often times because they are so present oriented that they don't think of the consquences of their actiions. Plus, many of them tend to be very good with marketing as well. ESTP's are the ultimate risk takers. My second choice would be ENTP.

·
Registered
342 Posts
ESTP was the first thing that came to my mind regarding risk taking. My brother is ESTP and he ran up massive debts, took out a loan to pay them off, spent that as well, then skipped town without leaving a forwarding address. i would NEVER take a risk like that! not in a milion years!

Also his facebook update the other day was something about his plans to go out, get drunk and do a backwards headflip off a wall into the sea :confused:

He's the only ESTP I have to go off but I get the impression he's fairly typical.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts