Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been fascinated with him as his music is so original and poetic and evokes
deep emotions. He is really awkward in interviews and dresses
funny but oozes intelligence. What he says at around 1:15 strikes me as
INFP. INFP?

·
Registered
470 Posts
serene, I love robert smith sooooooo much and so by default I now love you too!

I'm really terrible at typing people whom I don't know very personally. I admit I don't know enough about all of the personality types or the functions. That said, Smith tends to strike me as an introvert, and definitely definitely a feeler. So I'd definitely at least say IxFx.

So great to hear someone else finds his music intoxicating. His voice gives me chills each and every time, and those guitars and drums are just out of this world.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love robert smith! :happy:
i don't know what type he would be......i'm usually pretty bad at typing people lol. but i guess that based on his music, i'd say he's an infp. i can really relate to his lyrics, so i wouldn't be surprised if he was.

·
Registered
337 Posts
My daughter, who told me about The Cure, said Robert Smith and I have the same personality. Of course, I have no way to confirm that.....but.....
I love Robert more than you - na na na na na !!!!:laughing:

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Yes, I think he is INFP 4w5. He seems rather prototypical to me.

I've seen him typed 4w3, but he's not really a "performer" type. On stage he can be quite reserved, only on occasions showing much expression or talking between songs. If he dances, you know he must be in an exceptional mood. He's also very bookish & private.

I've heard people say ISFP for him also, but I think NeSi over SeNi. Many of his songs reference literature, but somewhat indirectly. He'll borrow themes from books and explore them in a song. The lyrics can be pretty heavy on metaphor also, with sensory images used in non-literal ways. He also explores the concepts of "forever" and "always" and "never" a lot, and the sort of global aspect to those terms seems Ne over Se to me; the feelings have become concepts about the world, not just his own experience. There are also songs which explore nostalgic feelings, and I see that more with INFPs, having tert Si.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
serene, I love robert smith sooooooo much and so by default I now love you too!

I'm really terrible at typing people whom I don't know very personally. I admit I don't know enough about all of the personality types or the functions. That said, Smith tends to strike me as an introvert, and definitely definitely a feeler. So I'd definitely at least say IxFx.

So great to hear someone else finds his music intoxicating. His voice gives me chills each and every time, and those guitars and drums are just out of this world.
Haha Thanks!
Yes, there are only a few bands that have emotionally resonated with me as much as the Cure.
Have you seen the rare Mtv Unplugged session they did in 91?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I think he is INFP 4w5. He seems rather prototypical to me.

I've seen him typed 4w3, but he's not really a "performer" type. On stage he can be quite reserved, only on occasions showing much expression or talking between songs. If he dances, you know he must be in an exceptional mood. He's also very bookish & private.

I've heard people say ISFP for him also, but I think NeSi over SeNi. Many of his songs reference literature, but somewhat indirectly. He'll borrow themes from books and explore them in a song. The lyrics can be pretty heavy on metaphor also, with sensory images used in non-literal ways. He also explores the concepts of "forever" and "always" and "never" a lot, and the sort of global aspect to those terms seems Ne over Se to me; the feelings have become concepts about the world, not just his own experience. There are also songs which explore nostalgic feelings, and I see that more with INFPs, having tert Si.
Ya, a lot of his lyrics use imagery to evoke/enhance a feeling
rather than just saying something directly, Ne screams in the way he writes lyrics,
I can't see him as a sensor.

Yes, Si tends to make itself known through a certain fixation he has about the past:
"Strange Attraction" "Treasure" "Out of this World" "Pictures of You" "Catch"
"To Wish Impossible Things"

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And I can't see that video you posted because this version of explorer is crappy and old :(

By the way, if you haven't seen the Mtv Unplugged version of "A Letter To Elise" I suggest you find
a friend with a computer. It is far more beautiful than the album version. And, yes, that is a toy piano! :crazy:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
AAAH I wish I could claim him as one of my own, an ENFP... but he's definitely not. I'd agree with INFP or INFJ.

Reactions: SereneTugBoat

·
Registered
26 Posts
I adore Robert Smith and The cure. He's so wonderful. I have no idea what type he is, but reading his interviews where he speaks of looking at the sky and such makes me think he might be INFP? I'd be very happy because I just think he's such a nice person :happy:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
yes! he's an INFP no doubt about it.
he reminds me of myself when he's talking .
very intelligent but his awkwardness is kinda distracting, just like me.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I just thought: it's not like anyone in an INFP forum is going to disagree :tongue:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts