Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody attend a live showing? What was your experience? Personally I went to one after my high school prom. They called out all newbies and I just tried to shrink in my chair XD. Didn't get called on fortunately (or unfortunately).

·
Registered
185 Posts
There was actually Czech acted theatre show some years back but sadly I missed it :-( The phenomen is yet to penetrate en masse out of anglo-american cultural space.

·
mafia mod
13,335 Posts
Yes, A midnight showing at a theater. We, as well as most of the attendees brought props. It was a blast. I dont recall anyone calling out newbies though.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Never been to it live. I have a friend, though, who was a fan of it, and we watched the movie version during her sweet sixteen, or watched some of it then got distracted by the guest trying to huff helium in the guest room.

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why do people like this thing? i don't get it.
Eh, it's THE cult film and people are obsessed enough to make it a big thing. Totally get why people wouldn't get it; and to be honest I haven't watched the film since.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Went multiple times in high school. All of the "virgins" (newbies) had to get a V in red lipstick painted on our foreheads. Then we were called up to participate in various humiliating activities. I had to compete in a hoola hoop competition with the others. I can't hoola hoop for the life of me, but almost won because I cheated (I misheard and thought we could hold the hoop since we had to race around the lobby and back).

A friend of mine had to go on stage and pull down his pants (along with all of the others) and grab his crotch while a cast member shook his arm. Happy it was him and not me!

I didn't really get the appeal of the movie until I went a couple times and caught on to all of the inside jokes and lines to scream at the screen. And realizing the real talent in the movie that contrasted with the cheese of the writing and low budget.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Why do people like this thing? i don't get it.
That was EXACTLY the way I was after seeing it first time. Except I had this weird itch to watch it again. It grows on you. Also lots of it's appeal is in referencing and parodizing popculture few people know these days so it takes lots of knowledge to fully appretiate.

·
Registered
779 Posts
That was EXACTLY the way I was after seeing it first time. Except I had this weird itch to watch it again. It grows on you. Also lots of it's appeal is in referencing and parodizing popculture few people know these days so it takes lots of knowledge to fully appretiate.
Its too late for me to jump on this band wagon. If you say its good, I believe you. Its too surreal for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts