Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not many are familiar with the term Rolfing let alone the complexity of each of the 10 sessions. So in an effort to share with you how great it has been...I'm blogging about it!

At 37 I was really starting to feel more like I was 87. Fractures in my back, poor posture and sitting at a desk everyday were really taking their toll. I've said it before, around 35 you start to see changes in the way you age. That's no joke! I was literally starting to feel like an old curled up armadillo. I'd stretch, drag myself out of bed in the morning, bones creaking, popping, stiff. Late morning was bearable, more flexible...but by 3 in the afternoon I was so tense and riddled with pain I was taking Motrin or Aleve to get through the day! By bedtime and after a few bouts of having to "take a break" by laying flat on the floor I was ready to pop the serious pain medication just so I could sleep! One foam mattress, an inversion table and a back stretching arch later I knew something else had to be done! The chiropractor didn't work, doctors only offered meds and stretching exercises, my massage therapist was heavenly but that didn't last long either. It wasn't until my massage therapist mentioned Rolfing or Structural Integration that I thought there still might be hope.

So now I'm Rolfing. I just passed my half way point last week in this 10 session series. I'm feeling good. I no longer have the tightness, no longer rely on pain meds to get me through the day, I take very few "floor breaks" anymore...and they say session 6 is pivotal! This is great!

Being a bit more pain free and flexible does come at a price. I wouldn't say that Rolfing is pleasant, it took me a few days to recover from bruising and soreness after my initial sessions. But, like they say, "No pain, No gain!" Not all Rolfing experiences are like mine but my issues ran pretty deep. Besides the time commitment, there's also the financial commitment. As anyone with chronic back pain would agree, it's worth it if the pain will go away!

Session 6 is this coming Saturday. It will focus on the area where my soreness is usually focused. I look forward to it...to the changes I will see and feel in my body. Thank goodness! Not that anyone will be waiting on pins and needles but I can't wait to share what results I see at the end of 10 sessions! Woo hoo!

I guess you'll have to stay tuned

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
I always figured that "rolfing" meant "puking", so when I saw the blog title "Rolfing: Full Steam Ahead" I was like o_O

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha ha...yeah, that was my first thought too! They could have picked a better name for it but I suppose the woman that developed it couldn't simply change her last name - Rolf.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts