Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 2359 Posts

·
MotM 5/2015 | Bankslayer
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see how this goes.

My confession: I never truly get over anyone I fall in love with. They're still a part of me and I still love them.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
@Red Morfy <3

I'm never gonna stop loving my ex who abused me, but that's ok. No one else but us knows the relationship we had, the ups and the downs and no one else can judge whether me still loving him is crazy or not. There is no reason I should ever stop loving him. I will always wish the best for him, I will always hurt when I know he is in pain and I will always regret that I wasn't ready for his love.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
i don't know. after going through the pain of excising a person from my life, i don't want them to come back into it. it's pretty easy to not think about them, and when i do, it's overall negative and not even close to what a thought of them would have elicited in the past.

but i know that i still care about them. if someone i know brings them up and says something bad about them--even if true--i still step in an reframe what was said in (what i see as) a more accurate way; and if it was true, i know why they are the way they are, and it's more painful to just jump on what's easy and vilify them. there's still a need to protect them in a way, even if i don't think they really deserve it.
it feels wrong not to.

but i would never get back into a relationship with any of them... though to be honest, a relationship, even a new one, seems painful in its own right. almost like closing into myself and pursuing life in other avenues, is a bit more comforting.

·
Registered
13,220 Posts
Sexual confession time is easier.

Yet, I feel like a field of mined butterflies, like the sun and the oceans are keeping me swept off my feet. I'm drinking down a bittersweet liquor of fireflies, immoderately, and smoking on the pipe of a musical storm. For that is the worst drug ever, that seems to never cease.

Now I'll get down from that unicorn and shhhsh, my blonde, and go back to more commonplace profanities.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I had a 4-year friend who I've secretly loved. I subtly told him he was my only exception (I know it's kind of vague but it's the closest thing I could tell other than saying 'I love you'). But that didn't even work. Haha. It must be something I could laugh about at this point, but I still feel an ounce of bittersweet nostalgia when someone mentions his name to me. That's the time I realize I'm only in love with the memories, so it's not worth fighting for anymore.

Sorry it was not the happy romantic confession. Lol.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Let's see how this goes.

My confession: I never truly get over anyone I fall in love with. They're still a part of me and I still love them.

Same. And one of my two loves didn't give a shit about me... grrr....

The other never fell for me, though she was my first real love so that's probably a part of it.

Lol damn unavailable women, why are you so awesome??

1 - 20 of 2359 Posts