Personality Cafe banner

2341 - 2360 of 2372 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
A lot of people say don't do ldr and I'm not sure why? If it's a more likely to cheat that's a personal problem not ldr itself

It's hard of course but it's not impossible.
I don't wanna do another ldr because its too painful. Imagine loving a SO, but not usually having the means to see them in person, and being unsure when you will see them.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I don't wanna do another ldr because its too painful. Imagine loving a SO, but not usually having the means to see them in person, and being unsure when you will see them.
If I were you, I would be more selective with who I get into a ldr with, rather than just writing off ldr altogether.

Just saying this because I've heard of stories of some long-distance couples who visit each other every month despite being continents away from each other.
This is how committed they are to making their relationship work.

I feel that ldr is more about the person you're with rather than the proximity. If you're with the right person, the ldr will end up working out successfully.
But if you're with the wrong person, the ldr would end up failing. Just like how relationships can fail even if you're in the same proximity as someone, all because you're with the wrong person.

There is a girl in my country who met this guy in a video game and then she ended up in a ldr with him for 2 years, and then she quit her job and everything and left everything behind and ran away to his country to meet up with him, and then she lived together with him for years, and they finally got married. Saw their wedding photos and they seemed quite happy together, they were literally glowing away in their wedding photos, haha.
If the both of them didn't try out a ldr with each other, they wouldn't have been happily married to each other now.
Being with the right person and closing the gap permanently is the solution to a a successful ldr.

Love really does conquer all. When both people truly love each other, they will really go all the way out to make it work, and they won't hesitate to make sacrifices for each other even if it requires them to move countries for each other just so that they can be with each other permanently.
Relationships are always filled with obstacles. Even if it's not long-distance, there will still be some other obstacles, e.g, your parents hating them and keep trying to break up the both of you. Are you just gonna give up on them then? Nope, if you truly love them, you will protect your relationship at all costs, even if it means eloping with them.

Also, there are many couples who lived in the same proximity but their relationships still failed anyway.
So if a relationship fails, it's not because of the proximity, but it's because either parties lacked the commitment to make it work.

I actually wonder how many people really experience love? How do relationships feel for people? Is their partner a ray of sunshine who lights up the room and boosts their self confidence or is it something else? I don't think a partner can change your happiness, that it's actually down to you. But some people say otherwise, that their partner makes them really happy and feel on top of the world.
To me, love is a calm feeling. When you're around the person you love, you feel like you've finally come home. You felt understood by them, and you feel comfortable to be yourself around them. When you love someone, you don't feel nervous around them, and you don't feel the need to impress them. When you love someone, you've seen all their flaws, yet you're able to accept all their flaws and continue to love them in spite of their flaws. When you love someone, they are not only your lover, but they are your best friend too. Love is a deep friendship that has caught fire.

"In love" aka infatuation is a much more different feeling. When you're around them, you will feel nervous/excited around them and wanting to be around them all the time etc
When you're infatuated with someone, you feel this need to impress them, and you find yourself unable to be yourself around them. You find yourself experiencing lots of "highs" and "lows" with them.

Although I've been "in-love" aka infatuated with people before, but I don't think I've ever experienced love before though.
But this is probably because I haven't met my dual yet, and the non-dual types that I dated keep breaking my heart.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The girl I called was having stomach pains, having a hard time talking, was puking, and our conversation ended quickly. She was saying how she has to make lifestyle changes so it stops happening, but she's too "stupid" to do it. Of course my paranoid 6w5 mind wonders if she was just putting on an act to scare me away. I think she might be a 7w6 btw.

·
Registered
715 Posts
@Schizoid If I can help it I'm still gonna "shop local". There's over 50,000 females close by to me.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I've hardly even been thinking about my ex the last 3 days.

·
Registered
715 Posts
...And the girl wasn't trying to scare me away. She called me back.

·
Registered
715 Posts
But she's not really a girl. She's probably like my age or a little younger. Still seems like a girl to me. My ex is 20 years older than me.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I guess apparently I still cry sometimes over my ex.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Should I send my ex a send off letter discussing my feelings and basically saying bye, or should I just forget about it?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Should I send my ex a send off letter discussing my feelings and basically saying bye, or should I just forget about it?
I think you should write a letter, and then burn the letter without sending it.

·
Registered
ENTP, 387
3,308 Posts
I agree with the person who said burn it. I had a family relation that turned really bad a few years ago. I wrote maybe 100 letters just to clear the feels for myself. And burned them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
715 Posts
@Bellerixx Noooooooo. You misunderstood. I was talking about one girl I'm talking to now; then I switched topics to my ex. But anyways, I'm not really "trying" anything with my ex. I'm just thinking about saying some final words to her to make peace in my heart.

@Schizoid I've heard the shpeel about how "therapeutic" it is to write a letter, and then destroy it many times. I've never agreed with it personally for myself. If I have a desire to write someone a letter, its only because I want them to actually read it. If they choose not to read it, then at least I know I've tried. @Polexia

·
Registered
237 Posts
Noooooooo. You misunderstood. I was talking about one girl I'm talking to now; then I switched topics to my ex. But anyways, I'm not really "trying" anything with my ex. I'm just thinking about saying some final words to her to make peace in my heart.
oops, well I guess I agreed by not send the letter and burn it (sorry before)

·
Registered
715 Posts
@Bellerixx I guess it was confusing the way I repeatedly went back and forth discussing two different females.

Reactions: Bellerixx

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
165 Posts
Confession: I've liked a guy for over a year but I'm scared to admit it because I've never actually liked anyone that long

2341 - 2360 of 2372 Posts