Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I need some heartfelt advice about something. :mellow: Okay, I'm obviously an ISFP, type 4 on the Enneagram, and if anyone's interested in my zodiac sign, I am a Pisces. So basically, I'm a straight up emo chick. :crazy: Very emotional (I try to keep it under wraps, though!), compassionate, and romantic.

Well anyway... I am wondering which of the 16 personality types should I choose for a life-long, serious long-term romantic partner? If I have to describe the kind of guy I like... I really like really funny guys. :blushed: Who is also romantic and sentimental when the situation calls for it. I'd want him to be as emotional as I am, too. He has to be mature and accepting of other peoples differences, and doesn't take things too seriously when I am in a playful mood. He has to be passionate about me and affectionate, to the point of being just a touch clingy. :tongue: I'd want him to want a life-long companionship as much as I do, and doesn't believe in the "Party hard because I'm young so I should!" mentality that most people our age do. That doesn't mean we can't have fun and mess around like children; I just want him to not do the whole drinking/passing out and doing drugs behind my back with loser friends.

So yeah, that's it in a nutshell... Am I asking for too much? :sad: I really hope my Romeo is out there... *sigh!*

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys! :happy: I have looked up on those two types and I have to be honest, they don't sound very emotional and sound like a lot to handle for me personally.

I have read somewhere that the ESFP (The Performers) are our match made in heaven. Is this true? :mellow: Because they are also notorious for being commitment-phobes and that is bad news for me...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
How about ENFP? ESFP people are dominant Sensors. It sounds like you'd prefer a dominant feeler or intuitor.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The idea is, you don't want someone emotional since you yourself is emotional, but you want someone who can open up to you.

·
Registered
416 Posts
1st choice is ENFP and the second is the INFP.

A Perceiver understand differences. But they also would try drugs at least once, just hopefully not cocaine or any drug for the long term of course. So for the drug part, you have to find out by getting to know him better or ask other people if he does drugs.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about ENFP? ESFP people are dominant Sensors. It sounds like you'd prefer a dominant feeler or intuitor.
Yes. :) A dominant feeler or intuitor sounds just about right!

The idea is, you don't want someone emotional since you yourself is emotional, but you want someone who can open up to you.
Oh really? :shocked: I have a lot to learn then... I mean, I just hate the idea of macho men, or emotionally-repressed men, it's such a turn off. :sad:

And I have made another thread under the "Type Me" thing, because I think I'm "The Idealist" rather "The Artist"... Sigh!

1st choice is ENFP and the second is the INFP.

A Perceiver understand differences. But they also would try drugs at least once, just hopefully not cocaine or any drug for the long term of course. So for the drug part, you have to find out by getting to know him better or ask other people if he does drugs.
I think I'm an INFP... I'm not sure, though. :( But thanks anyways!

Well what you described sounds a lot like me and I'm an ENFP :tongue: so...a male ENFP!
Alrighty, I'll keep this in mind!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yes. :) A dominant feeler or intuitor sounds just about right!

Oh really? :shocked: I have a lot to learn then... I mean, I just hate the idea of macho men, or emotionally-repressed men, it's such a turn off. :sad:

And I have made another thread under the "Type Me" thing, because I think I'm "The Idealist" rather "The Artist"... Sigh!

I think I'm an INFP... I'm not sure, though. :( But thanks anyways!

Alrighty, I'll keep this in mind!
You seem more like an INFP to me :]. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
640 Posts
I was thinking the same thing! Your expectations sound more idealistic than realistic, but who knows?:laughing:

I wish you the best of luck! If you find the perfect match, please let us other ISFPs know what we should be looking for.:wink:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Okay, I need some heartfelt advice about something. :mellow: Okay, I'm obviously an ISFP, type 4 on the Enneagram, and if anyone's interested in my zodiac sign, I am a Pisces. So basically, I'm a straight up emo chick. :crazy: Very emotional (I try to keep it under wraps, though!), compassionate, and romantic.

Well anyway... I am wondering which of the 16 personality types should I choose for a life-long, serious long-term romantic partner? If I have to describe the kind of guy I like... I really like really funny guys. :blushed: Who is also romantic and sentimental when the situation calls for it. I'd want him to be as emotional as I am, too. He has to be mature and accepting of other peoples differences, and doesn't take things too seriously when I am in a playful mood. He has to be passionate about me and affectionate, to the point of being just a touch clingy. :tongue: I'd want him to want a life-long companionship as much as I do, and doesn't believe in the "Party hard because I'm young so I should!" mentality that most people our age do. That doesn't mean we can't have fun and mess around like children; I just want him to not do the whole drinking/passing out and doing drugs behind my back with loser friends.

So yeah, that's it in a nutshell... Am I asking for too much? :sad: I really hope my Romeo is out there... *sigh!*
I was going to tell you that I was an ISFP type 4 (semi-unhealthy) too but you're an INFP now. :tongue: Anyways... I can relate a lot to what you've said. Most of this sounds terribly a lot like me, though, I wouldn't call myself emo in the sense of the whiny stereotypical way but in that I can have intense emotions sometimes.
I'm also looking for the same qualities in a girl as you are in a guy, you're not asking for too much at all. I wish you luck, know that there are guys that you've described out there! :proud:

Reactions: Ryosuke93

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
What you're describing is definitely an ENFJ. I dated one for a while and he was very passionate, empathetic, encouraging, understanding, romantic, supportive, perceptive etc etc and open about his feelings. Absolutely amazing guy, but too touchy feely for my taste.
An ENFP would work too. ENFPs love cuddles, romance, and talking about feelings, but we're easily distracted by shiny things and puddles... and clouds... and that your hair is doing that swirly thing which we find intriguing... *stares blankly at your hair* :mellow:

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you, I just changed the personality thing on my profile. I'm getting the gist of this personality type already. :cool:

You ISFPs are super adorable, though!

I was thinking the same thing! Your expectations sound more idealistic than realistic, but who knows?:laughing:

I wish you the best of luck! If you find the perfect match, please let us other ISFPs know what we should be looking for.:wink:
Above all, I believe a guy who loves you dearly, respects you, and is honest with you is the one you should keep, no matter what his personality type is (unless it horribly clashes with yours!)

But thank you!

I was going to tell you that I was an ISFP type 4 (semi-unhealthy) too but you're an INFP now. :tongue: Anyways... I can relate a lot to what you've said. Most of this sounds terribly a lot like me, though, I wouldn't call myself emo in the sense of the whiny stereotypical way but in that I can have intense emotions sometimes.
I'm also looking for the same qualities in a girl as you are in a guy, you're not asking for too much at all. I wish you luck, know that there are guys that you've described out there! :proud:
Oh yeah, I like to make fun of myself sometimes. :p I have been called emo before, I guess it's the whole emotional thing plus I'm pretty introverted and creative. Whatever. I used to be crazy for "My Chemical Romance" back in the day. XD

I'm happy to know that there are sweet guys like that out there. Thank you!

What you're describing is definitely an ENFJ. I dated one for a while and he was very passionate, empathetic, encouraging, understanding, romantic, supportive, perceptive etc etc and open about his feelings. Absolutely amazing guy, but too touchy feely for my taste.
An ENFP would work too. ENFPs love cuddles, romance, and talking about feelings, but we're easily distracted by shiny things and puddles... and clouds... and that your hair is doing that swirly thing which we find intriguing... *stares blankly at your hair* :mellow:
I dated an ENFJ... he was my first boyfriend. :( He and I lasted for a year and some odd months, and the break up was horrible. We loved each other a little too much... But alas, his drug use, loser friends, problems at his home, his bipolar disorder, AND jealous female friends (especially his exes) drove us to break apart and hate each other. It was terrible and heartbreaking because I really thought we were going to make it and last for the long-term... If it weren't for his issues, we would still be together today.

ENFPs sound like a group of great guys. I also looked up a website about which signs would be a great "match" for my type and the ones were ENFJ, ENFP, INFP (another one of me, basically.), and INFJ. INFJs sound really ideal for me as well, strictly because they are introverted such as myself... I have nothing against extroverts, but my first ex was one and it was EXHAUSTING having to keep up with him. :/ I just don't know if I want to be with another extrovert again unless he understands my need for space and quiet time alone just the two of us. And apparently, INFJs are the homebody type who love to have dates in the comfort of his own home... Siiigh! <3

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, i've known of an INFJ once who was too girly and got overly sensitive. And he hated the fact if his girlfriend enjoyed competitive sports cos he felt de-masculined. LoL.

Anyway, i think the best personality would be someone who isnt too strongly oriented in any particular personality type. Usually found in people who are quite matured and have developed best of all worlds (or at least willing to compromise). But that also means we gotta learn the best of all worlds too, in order to be a perfect match for a "perfect" person like that. LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm thinking ESFJ or ENFJ or ENFP.

I think you probably had a bad experience with an ENFJ. It sounds like you guys were compatible, he was just extremely immature and yuck! I think you should find another dominant feeler but just make sure they are mature. Maturity goes a long way.

Oh and just so you know, INFP's and ENFP's are pretty compatible, but be careful. I was in a relationship with an INFP guy and after a while I felt smothered. I've got a lot of emotion, but it's still less than you dominant feelers and it can get to be too much for me after a while. I feel bad because it's not as if I didn't like him, he just got to be too much for me. He didn't have ANY problems with our relationship, so I felt like the bad one. Anyway, just a warning.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
I'm thinking ESFJ or ENFJ or ENFP.

I think you probably had a bad experience with an ENFJ. It sounds like you guys were compatible, he was just extremely immature and yuck! I think you should find another dominant feeler but just make sure they are mature. Maturity goes a long way.

Oh and just so you know, INFP's and ENFP's are pretty compatible, but be careful. I was in a relationship with an INFP guy and after a while I felt smothered. I've got a lot of emotion, but it's still less than you dominant feelers and it can get to be too much for me after a while. I feel bad because it's not as if I didn't like him, he just got to be too much for me. He didn't have ANY problems with our relationship, so I felt like the bad one. Anyway, just a warning.
You just dug up a thread from 2010. xD
Sending advice to the past are we? :p

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Maybe another INFP male is what you seek? I am sure they come with all kinds of variety and maturity, but at least you can percieve things similarly and feel things strongly together (though your views may be quite different at first...I think eventually you will be able to just get each other). Just careful not to activate each others Te and if u both do get on each other's nerves over something, spend some quality alone time to recharge and soon u will be back together with things patched up in a kind of unspoken way. That is my hope for an Fi ×Fi dom relationship anyway. Haha. I am seeking an isfp...but infp might be good too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts