Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a habit of starting a topic, and either struggling with how to express a thought, not getting it right enough, or just saying "nah" and changing my mind. Sometimes I end up even getting surprised with what threads do make it to getting posted.
Anyone else experience this on the forum?

Reactions: Kelly Kapowski

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
746 Posts
I've started exactly one thread on this site, and I have three pending in my head that I haven't gotten around to writing up. Well one of them is a game thread, so I have to put more work into it first. I can usually rout my urge to discuss a topic in a thread by asking a question in the corresponding Ask a type thread.

·
Registered
IEI 4w3 sp/sx 461
1,286 Posts
Yes, welcome to ADHD
Actually, just kidding, I'm not sure if you are ADD/ADHD but what you described can be one of its many symptoms. I hate reading long threads as well and generally don't have the patience to do so. I will read the first 5 or 6 posts and then move on to something else, unless I find the discussion very interesting.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
When I joined this forum I would create threads about anything I wanted to talk or ask about and I would do so for few months, but I haven't started any in 4 years or so.

In general I think people should create more threads. Every now and then there is something interesting in there.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have about 5,362 threads I've never started. I think I've only ever started 1 or 2. When a question/thread topic idea hits me, I end up having an imaginary convo in my head & after analyzing various possible responses, I'm content with that 😬 so I go the "nah" route. I'm tired of over-thinking the topic & it's not worth the hassle to me at that point. I'd say the biggest thing preventing me from starting threads is I feel like I need to keep up with it once I start it, when all I really want is to read people's thoughts/ideas on the topic but not actually engage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts