Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruby is probably an INFP?
So far, I think I would peg Weiss as an EXTJ. I see her as a Te-dom, but I'm not sure if if she has Si or Ni.
Although, I'm pretty confindent about Blake being an INFJ.

And I don't know about the typing's for the other characters.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love RWBY! <33

Ruby is probably the typical ESFP. In the moment, strong values with her friends and always being able to think of plans in the spur of the moment. Her Ni probably underdeveloped beyond her "I want to be a Huntress" ideal. I thought she'd be an introvert, but I decided against it considering she tends to plan all the wild events with her friend group (frequently too!).

I personally think Weiss could either be ESTJ or ISTJ. Probably the latter, since it seems her actions are more driven by the past and her obligations. Her Te being the support, rather than the other way around. Her Si-dom shows in an obvious manner from her past troubles with the Faunus too, due to her great prejudice.

Blake.... I'm not too invested in her at the moment, but I could see her as INFJ. Very introverted in her world, and slight signs of a Ni-Ti loop when she was searching up information on the recent conflicts (constantly thinking. not resting. just thinking, thinking, thinking and not talking)

Yang would be ENFP. I'm trying to think of why. I'll get back to you on that. Must justify my child.

JNPR I'll just make initial guesses!
Jaune..... ESFJ.
Phyrra.. ESTJ.
Nora... ESFP
Ren.... ISTJ

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
This topic doesn't seem too old. I started watching this morning and I'm lightly obsessed for the moment.

I agree that Ruby seems ESFP. I can see why so many fans say INFP, but... Where is her Ne? I think that aux Fi and dominant Se makes more sense.

I agreed with ISTJ at first for Weiss, but now I wonder... Isn't she a bit extroverted? She seems to always be verbalizing her thoughts, and she doesn't seem to have that reserved nature that Blake embodies. Maybe she's just ambiverted.

Blake -- ISTP, INFJ, or maybe ISFJ. She does seem self possessed as I have heard some call those with Ni, but I can't see anything specific about her (I'm just finishing Volume 1) that screams Ni. As for ISTP, I couldn't see her Fe until very late in the Volume. Could just be in a loop, could just be very introverted, but... She seems rational and cool-headed before she seems... Extroverted Feeling. I could see Se before Fe. But she's defined by an emotional plotline? She probably is an INFJ, but I'm not 100% convinced of it yet.

I thought Yang was ESFJ at first, but nah. I guess ENFP makes sense. I think she values Fi over Fe, but she's definitely very extroverted and her Te is strong.

Jaune could be ESFJ? I suppose. I also heard ISFJ for him, but ESFJ does seem more likely.

Phyrha... I've seen ESTJ and ESFJ for her. Whatever she is, she's wonderful.

Nora could be ESFP, could be Fe. I don't know. The way she won't stop talking about herself and her feelings seems like loose Fe to me, but then again I know Fi-ers who can do that too.

Ren could be ISTJ. Maybe.

I want to know what people think Velvet is and also the weird too-friendly socially oblivious robot girl.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Agree with Ruby as ESFP, she doesn't have the indecisiveness of an Ne user, but I get the exact same Fi vibe as I do from characters like Shirou, so that fits.

Weiss... I really don't know, she's so blunt, yet so over the top, it's hilarious. I'm thinking ESTJ.

Blake's ISTP to me, no doubt about it. I can consider INFJ, but not ISFJ.

Yeah, Yang also seems similar to Ruby, but more... playful and extroverted.

Jaune as an SFJ seems reasonable, and ESFJ seems a lot more likely.

Pyrrha... I'm really not sure, I want to say ISFJ.

Nora, is there an awesome type? Cause she's awesome. :cheers2:

Ren, I'm not entirely sure.

Well, there you are, @alittlebear, there's your bloody typing. :ball:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll throw in Enneagram types as a bonus :D Beware I've only seen season 1.

Ruby is definitely ESFP. I think people get confused by how she always talks about how bad she is with people... which she mentions while talking to a new person. Social anxiety isn't completely paired with introverts. (Plus I'm an INFP and I don't relate to her much.) I'm not sure about her Enneagram type :/

My impression of Weiss is ESTJ. Not modest enough to be an ISTJ anyway. Something like 8w9?

I thought Blake was an INTP but everyone seems to be saying ISTP ;-; so I don't know. I thought her constant nose-in-a-book thing would be more intuitive? 5w_ I'm sure.

Yang, ENFP 7w8, I think. I agree she's like Ruby but without the "bad talking to people" thing.

ESFJ seems right for Jaune. 6w7 maybe.

Am I the only one who thought Pyrrha was an introvert? I thought INFJ. Not sure about enneagram (wow I'm bad at those XD)

Nora, ExFP. 7w_ for sure. Infinitely 7.

Ren, IxTJ but S/N not sure at all. Skipping out on the enneagram again XD

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Finished Volume 1. Barely cracked into Volume 2. It's a fantastic series so far :proud:

Ruby - Total ESFP. Her fangirling over various weapons instead of new ideas feels like clear Se.

Weiss - ESTJ. I don't see any Ni, plus she's too outspoken and brash to be an ISTJ. Her outbursts point to a clear Te-dom, Fi-inferior mindset.

Blake - ISTP or INFJ in a slight Ni-Ti loop (Kind of reminds me of CC in Code Geass. Her functions seem right, not so sure about the order.)

Yang - ENFP, probably. I thought ESFJ at first, but the former seems to fit her more.

Jaune - ESFJ was my first impression.

Pyrrha - ISFJ? She's at least some kind of SJ.

Nora - Clear ESFP

Ren - ISTJ, just to complement Nora's weirdness :wink:

Penny - Umm...I'm really not sure about her. :frustrating: Some type that utilizes Ti and Fe. (Though, she might be ESFJ, now that I think about it. Huh, that makes ESFJs the most awkward type in this show. :laughing:)

Glynda - The ISTJ is strong in this one

Ozpin - Either INFJ or INTP. Anyone else think he's like Dumbledore? No? OK.

Huh, no one's typed the villains yet? Fine, don't mind if I do.

Cinder Falls - INTJ. Can't really question that, tbh.

Roman Torchwick - ESTP. I saw him typed as an ENTJ, but...he really doesn't have that far-sighted mindset most ENTJs have. Definitely knows how to lead, which could point to strong Te. Yet, he just exudes too much Se, from his fashion sense to psychopathic tendencies. (I have a lot of thoughts about this character, but this post is already too long.)

Emerald - ENTP? Haven't seen too much of her to type accurately.

Mercury - Probably ESFP.

(I'm typing in a hurry, so I'll refine this post at a later time.)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ive seen it, without going to in depth ill say

ruby isfp
weiss esfj
yang enfp
blake intj

i could be off but this is what i believe them to be, not sure about everyone else

Edit now ill go in depth a little.
Ruby gave me the typical infp impression but she seems more involved in whats real, but i still think at heart she is an introvert tho as in the beginning she was reluctant to meet new people(remember when yang had to introduce blake to ruby, because ruby didnt want to do it).

I think blake is an inxj, when shes calm and normal she seems detached and not all that emotional, i never really got fe from her, but she did seem distant in an Ni dom kinda way. She does seem to use Se, but im not entirely sure its aux(and for it to be dominant she'd have to be an extrovert which she clearly is not). She also seems fairly future focused even tho the examples i had just escaped me. I wanna say intj, but she did seem to be ni ti looping during volume 1 for a while.

Weiss, i feel like i could call her estj or esfj with poorly developed fe. She doesnt seem te to me, but being surround by fe my whole life her nagging and constant annoyance with ruby reminded me of an angry fe user(no offense fe users lol). Tbh tho it doesnt seem like there is a whole lot of examples showcasing Te or Fe. I know esfjs are generally nicer than wiess, but ive seen some stuck up ones and she seems to fit fairly well. Plus like i said she her fe seems poorly developed. Probably has something to do with her estj sister.

Yang Im pretty sure is enfp, she doesnt really seem to express any sensors traits(none that i can remember off the top of my head anyway). And it seems that the whole enfp type description was written with her in mind. The only other alternative would be esfp, but yang doesnt come off as strong like some esfp's can. Plus as i said i cant really recall any actions pointing to her being a sensor.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Was I the only one to see Ruby as an ISFP? The Fi thing is pretty obvious, and Aux. Se is agreed to be prominant. I was thinking that perhaps because of living with Yang who was a thrill-seeker, she sort of picked that up? Anyway, tertiary Ni would make sense seeing as she had that fixation on being a huntress rather than inferior. I can see ESFP more than ISFP, but she could be an ISFP.

Yang is an ExFP.

Blake is an ISTP through and through.

Weiss I'd say is XSTJ.

Penny is probably an ENFJ.

Pyhrra is an ISFJ I think. I'm not sure-I disliked her a lot, and so I never focused on her character as much.

Emerald and Mercury I have no idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TEAM RWBY

RUBY- ENFP [the usage of ne-fi is so clear by her enthusiasm for ideas and her actions based off of doing what she feels is right, and even some te in the way she leads others. her energy is too outwardly focused to me for me to be able to see infp, but its a possibility.]

WEISS- ISTJ [she is very set on upholding her family's name <si because of the tradition, fi because its a personal value for her>. although she is intellectual, she is also definitely focused on facts more than ideas, which is why i lean more towards s than n. she focuses on getting things done and is quite practical and efficient <te>. her nickname is ice queen (if i remember correctly lol) which is definitely not a nickname that would be given to a healthy feeling preference character. in her fighting she really focuses on form and routine and isn't readily spontaneous unless the situation calls for it <si, ne repression>. her fi is shown in that she goes against what her father wants to do what she wants. she differs from ruby in many ways so it would also make sense for her to be an istj as ruby is possibly an enfp. she could also be an estj but her fi seems too prominent in my opinion.]

YANG- ESTP [the se is quite obvious as she is all about the thrill and in the moment experience of life, and is very spontaneous. whether she uses fi- te or ti-fe is arguable. my reasoning is mostly based on her interaction with blake before the party. blake's stupendous display of fi was conflicting with yang's <possible> fe which was focused on bringing to light how blake's actions would affect others. also, when she was asked by professor ooblech why she wanted to be a huntress, in addition to her love of thrill <se>, she stated its also a plus to help others <fe> and even contrasted hers against ruby's in the sense that she wished her reason was as deep and personal as ruby's fi-heavy reason. she is also very lighthearted and likes to maintain a harmonious atmosphere which could be indicative of fe as well.>]

BLAKE- ISFP [blake is a textbook introverted feeling dominant as everything she does is in accordance to what she feels is right, and she won't budge no matter what anyone else says. she is also so obviously introverted, and like most fi users, her face is not really emotionally expressive which is why she could be mistyped as a t, or a feeler in a t loop, but that's not the case. the debate is in whether she uses ne-si or se-ni. at first, i was subject to intuitive bias and i typed her as infp (i mean, she's a deep chick and loves to read, lol) but i figured that was not the case. my first step in realizing she's probably an isfp was because i realized she's a lot like yang in some ways (who uses se primarily). she is also very present oriented and likes to know what can be done right her and right now to fulfill her fi-desires which is indicative of se. she's very action oriented which is not something you'll find in a typical infp description (trying not be stereotypical here but i mean, we are talking about types). finally, she has this huge ni vision that supports her fi values to make the world a better place. imo, she also has that intensity you'll see in se-ni users in general. ]

·
Registered
126 Posts
This is gonna be a whole lot shorter than the novella length post above me, but I'll give it a go. :wink:

Ruby: Agree with @Snowfrost918 on her being an ENFP, seems to fit rather well.
Weiss: ISTJ is a good pick for her, although I have to wonder if she may be Te first.
Blake: Torn between ISTP and ISFP, leaning towards the latter, though.
Yang: ESTP

Jaune: I'm tempted to say ISFJ, but honestly, this is the one I'm least sure of.
Pyrrha: ESFJ
Nora: ENTP, hands down.
Ren: He's more of an ISTP than Blake is, to be honest.

·
Registered
156 Posts
This is gonna be a whole lot shorter than the novella length post above me, but I'll give it a go. :wink:

Weiss: ISTJ is a good pick for her, although I have to wonder if she may be Te first.

Jaune: I'm tempted to say ISFJ, but honestly, this is the one I'm least sure of.
I agree for the most part, although I type Ruby ans a ISFPand Nora as an ESFP. Pyrrha could also be an ISFJ but I'm not exactly sure.

·
Registered
156 Posts

I agree for the most part, although I type Ruby as an ISFP looking back and Nora as an ESFP. Pyrrha could also be an ISFJ but I'm not exactly sure.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I agree for the most part, although I type Ruby ans a ISFPand Nora as an ESFP. Pyrrha could also be an ISFJ but I'm not exactly sure.
Huh... not sure if I agree with Ruby being Se, especially auxiliary. Mostly because I think that'd be a great contrast to Yang's high Se, her being Ne, and they are quite different. Bit less sure on Nora being Ne, seemed to fit at the time, but she could be Se as well. Pyrrha being ISFJ makes more sense, though, inferior Ne leading her into her dilemma with the Fall Maiden decision. But again, not too sure. :happy:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ruby: INFP (9w8)
Weiss: ESTJ (3w4)
Blake: ISFP (5w4)
Yang: ESTP (7w6)

Jaune: ESFJ (3w2)
Nora: ESFP (7w8)
Pyrrha: ISFJ (2w3)
Ren: ISTJ (5w6)

Ozpin: INFJ (5w4)
Qrow: ISTP (9w8)
Glynda: ISTJ (1w9)
Dr. Oobleck: ENTP (4w5)
Prof. Port: ESFJ (1w9)

Ironwood: ESTJ (8w7)
Winter: ISTJ (8w7)

Cinder: ENTJ (8w7)
Emerald: INFJ (2w1)
Mercury: ISTP (8w9)
Roman: ESTP (7w8 or 3w4)

Sun: ENTP (7w6)
Neptune: ESFP (4w3)
Penny: ENFJ (2w1)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know why people confused Ruby into ESFP but she's not, she's most likely an xNFP, I'd say an INFP that is very outgoing with a well developed Ne, i do not see Se in her, she behaves the same way as I did years ago when I forced my Ne out, the same reactions and behaviour. Weiss is an ENTJ, Blake is flawed, she seems like an INxJ sometimes and other times like an INxP. Yang is difficult to tell since most of the characters in the series have forced personalities but seems very ENFP like, more than her own sister which is why I believe that Ruby is an outgoing INFP.

·
Registered
15,053 Posts
Ruby: INFP (9w8)
Weiss: ESTJ (3w4)
Blake: ISFP (5w4)
Yang: ESTP (7w6)

Jaune: ESFJ (3w2)
Nora: ESFP (7w8)
Pyrrha: ISFJ (2w3)
Ren: ISTJ (5w6)

Ozpin: INFJ (5w4)
Qrow: ISTP (9w8)
Glynda: ISTJ (1w9)
Dr. Oobleck: ENTP (4w5)
Prof. Port: ESFJ (1w9)

Ironwood: ESTJ (8w7)
Winter: ISTJ (8w7)

Cinder: ENTJ (8w7)
Emerald: INFJ (2w1)
Mercury: ISTP (8w9)
Roman: ESTP (7w8 or 3w4)

Sun: ENTP (7w6)
Neptune: ESFP (4w3)
Penny: ENFJ (2w1)
Man I'm glad someone else did their enneagram types. I agree with a lot of this. Why INFJ and 2w1 for Emerald though?

I know why people confused Ruby into ESFP but she's not, she's most likely an xNFP, I'd say an INFP that is very outgoing with a well developed Ne, i do not see Se in her, she behaves the same way as I did years ago when I forced my Ne out, the same reactions and behaviour. Weiss is an ENTJ, Blake is flawed, she seems like an INxJ sometimes and other times like an INxP. Yang is difficult to tell since most of the characters in the series have forced personalities but seems very ENFP like, more than her own sister which is why I believe that Ruby is an outgoing INFP.
Agree. I'm Se-valuing and don't see that much in Ruby. (However, I do see Se in Yang.)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts