Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out a friend of mine.
I'm sure she has a strong sensor preference, she's quite aware of her surroundings and very much a hands on learner.

She's very caring towards family, close friends and anyone vulnerable or disadvantaged. Does allow her family to take advantage of her, she will speak her mind but ends up doing what they ask most of the time.

She's particularly fond of animals. She shows her feelings through actions rather than words.

She's well liked by other people and popular, but cannot tolerate people for too long. Likes her own space.

Organised, punctual, finishes what she starts and takes her responsibilities very seriously.

She enjoys 'deep' conversations and is happy to discuss abstract ideas for a long time.

She's doesn't avoid conflict, is comfortable taking charge of a situation but doesn't feel the need to control others.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I say INTJ

Neverontime said:
I'm sure she has a strong sensor preference, she's quite aware of her surroundings and very much a hands on learner.
Se

She's very caring towards family, close friends and anyone vulnerable or disadvantaged. Does allow her family to take advantage of her, she will speak her mind but ends up doing what they ask most of the time.
Does not mean anything, except possibly Fi.

She's particularly fond of animals. She shows her feelings through actions rather than words.
Fi

She's well liked by other people and popular, but cannot tolerate people for too long. Likes her own space.
I, and probably T

Organised, punctual, finishes what she starts and takes her responsibilities very seriously.
J

She enjoys 'deep' conversations and is happy to discuss abstract ideas for a long time.
N

She's doesn't avoid conflict
T, particularly Te

is comfortable taking charge of a situation
J

but doesn't feel the need to control others.
I

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any hobbies or interests?
Main interests are her pets, house and garden. She does all decorating/maintenance herself. Very practical.
Spends the rest of her time visiting friends/family and working.

She's a mental health nurse. She chose mental health because it's less 'soft' than other types of nursing. She has mostly worked with criminally insane patients, but also enjoys more compassionate/caring roles with dementia patients, etc.

She also very private and doesn't self-disclose which is making me doubt ISFJ since they have Fe aux

She told me when she does a new project she "makes it up as she goes along" which is making me think she's more Ne than Ni.

Would ISTJ be a stronger possibility do you think?

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I say INTJ

Se

Does not mean anything, except possibly Fi.

Fi

I, and probably T

J

N

T, particularly Te

J

I
This was my original thought but she doesn't seem to relate to Ni

·
MOTM July 2012
8,033 Posts
Main interests are her pets, house and garden. She does all decorating/maintenance herself. Very practical.

She's a mental health nurse. She chose mental health because it's less 'soft' than other types of nursing. She has mostly worked with criminally insane patients, but also enjoys more compassionate/caring roles with dementia patients, etc.

She also very private and doesn't self-disclose which is making me doubt ISFJ since they have Fe aux

She told me when she does a new project she "makes it up as she goes along" which is making me think she's more Ne than Ni.

ISFJs can be very private. all the ISTJs i know are not private at all....

EDIT: but ISTJs can be private as well...both types are known to be that way. so the ISTJs i know are probably an exception to the rule. anyway, i really think the OP is describing someone who is on the border line between ISFJ and ISTJ...so i like the options you suggested :).

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see Fe, I don't know why people would think Ni as a top function...
Thanks, could you elaborate on that, the reasons why you see Fe?

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
First off obsidian she is definitely NOT an INTJ

I'm trying to figure out a friend of mine.
Could just mean that her perceiving function is dominant (S/N)
And I personally like to actually test things rather than just keeping them at a theoretical level.

I'd say Fe.
People with Fi have a strong ethical judgment that won't budge.
But I guess you already know that. :tongue:
F as a second function.
A T would rather just tell you what they think of you rather than really express it (exvept when they get angry :laughing:)
Shows that the dominant function is introverted but Fe shows a more diplomatic side to express/mask it.
That's Si for you :)
Sensors can also like abstract things, mostly it seems like they really appreciate it.
Personally I just want to sleep when I see art...
She's doesn't avoid conflict, is comfortable taking charge of a situation but doesn't feel the need to control others.
It's a common misunderstanding that IXFJs avoid conflicts, truth is that we are extremely stubborn and at times very confrontational.
An ENFP I know however almost panics when people even get upset at each other.

PS. I usually have a hard time explaining how I get from A to B.
But with this one I'm 99% sure that she's an ISFJ.
ok... maybe 90% sure :tongue:

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Thanks, could you elaborate on that, the reasons why you see Fe?
You seemed to have picked up on how she is emotionally extroverted for the most part. Though at times, she struggles to express them.

The thing you mentioned about her being very caring towards family/friends. If someone were to describe me, sure they may say that I was caring. But I think they would mention firstly how independent, and headstrong (at times) I can be, rather than mentioning how I am with others. I see this more of an Fi thing, rather than Fe which may discredit ISTJ, and I don't see Te.

I'm not too sure, if there is a possibility of a chance for ESFJ for her. I know you have said, that she is quite private/closed off, but I don't really see enough Si in what you have described. This could also make sense for the use of her Ne, making it tertiary rather than inferior.

ESFJ's can be closed off and private too, but a lot of people are swaying to a strong use of Si... so I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

No, I still say ISFJ. House, gardening, decorating and being practical in general is all S. Being private and yet sociable with the closest circle is also common with this type. That said, I havent seen that many female ISTJs in real life so I can't say I'm certain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.