Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Well, what's your opinion on the SLOAN system, after the infamous (it just sounds cooler than famous) Big Fat Five, the most notorious personality assessment in personality psychology (I mean the most used, recognized, ect... 'biggest'. Also my personal favorite)
Well, just search "sloan big five" on Google. It's kind of like a Type system built after the Big Five, instead of the Jungian functions.

I'll explain:

-Social/Reserved: Quiet or outgoing. Don't be confused with E/I. E/I is more of how you energize. (Though it does correlate to some degree.)

-Limbic/Calm: Emotionally unstable, mood swings, timid, and uptight (like a tampon), vs. calm, cool, and emotionally stable. As weird as it sounds, it does NOT correlate with J/P. It's a factor unpresent in MBTI.

-Organized/Unstractured: Correlates to some degree with J/P. Organized, planned, and focused. Unstractured are scattered, don't know what they're currently doing. Not exactly as J/P.

-Accomodating/Egocentric: Correlates to some degree with T/F. Living for one's self vs. living for other people.

-Non-Curious/Inquisitive: N/S. Yeah, not much to add basically. Oppeness to new ideas, idea-oriented, abstract, theoretical... you've heard all this shit. Non-curious is exactly like Sensing. Guess what? It correlates with S/N, really highly too.

Also, you can use this:

|Some letter|---Primary
CAPITAL letter---- Strong preference for this factor
not-capital (what's a non-capital letter called?)---little preference.
|
|
|
\/
Look at my signature for an example.

Test it here: Personality Tests -----> Pick those under Big Five/SLOAN. I found my

·
Registered
108 Posts
Your Global5/SLOAN type is SCUAI
Your Primary type is Unstructured
SCUAI
(3.4% of women; 4.8% of men)
life of the party, not bothered by disorder, not afraid of doing the wrong thing, often late, level emotions, not afraid to draw attention to self, worry free, people loving, prefers unpredictable to organized, fearless, not apprehensive about new encounters, likes philosophical discussions, disorganized, not easily annoyed, not a perfectionist, enjoys danger, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, anxiety free, always joking, not very private, very curious, not embarrassed easily, adventurous, flexible, narcissistic, trusting, easy to get to know, easy to satisfy, likes crowds, ready to act on the spot, not a bad loser, outgoing, thrill seeker, not easily discouraged, optimistic, laid back, open to new experience, slow to judge others, thinks fun is the most important think in life, socially skilled, easily talked into doing silly things, rarely prepared, willing to take risks, adjusts easily, passionate about causes, willing to explain things twice, spontaneous, relaxed, believes in universal harmony, eager to soothe hurt feelings

seems to be pretty accurate (daresay relates heavily to ENTP as well) if i step back and think about myself...other than all the other times i look admiringly at myself, sometimes even flattered by myself, even drawing out this sentence because i like hearing myself talk..even on a computer screen.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your Global5/SLOAN type is SCUAI
SCUAI
life of the party, not bothered by disorder, not afraid of doing the wrong thing, often late, level emotions, not afraid to draw attention to self, worry free, people loving, prefers unpredictable to organized, fearless, not apprehensive about new encounters, likes philosophical discussions, disorganized, not easily annoyed, not a perfectionist, enjoys danger, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, anxiety free, always joking, not very private, very curious, not embarrassed easily, adventurous, flexible, narcissistic, trusting, easy to get to know, easy to satisfy, likes crowds, ready to act on the spot, not a bad loser, outgoing, thrill seeker, not easily discouraged, optimistic, laid back, open to new experience, slow to judge others, thinks fun is the most important think in life, socially skilled, easily talked into doing silly things, rarely prepared, willing to take risks, adjusts easily, passionate about causes, willing to explain things twice, spontaneous, relaxed, believes in universal harmony, eager to soothe hurt feelings

seems to be pretty accurate (daresay relates heavily to ENTP as well) if i step back and think about myself...other than all the other times i look admiringly at myself, sometimes even flattered by myself, even drawing out this sentence because i like hearing myself talk..even on a computer screen.

It relates more to ENFP.... because A correlated with F and U with T. But they're really different... and we are similar to ENFP's.

It hit me dead on because I always thought I was a bit of an outsider among ENTP's, which are usually SCUEI/SLUEI. But I still go with my head, it doesn't mean I'm self-focused

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sCu|E|I is how it shook out. I guess this tells you all that Egocentric is egocentric.

It does? I would have thought your main will be Unstructured. (I'm not serious, it's just a really really bad joke)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ba dum CHISH :laughing:
Don't look at it like that, I have really good jokes all the time.

Such as:

Cannibal boy: "I hate daddy's guts!"
Cannibal mom: "Shut the fuck up and eat around it."

ba dum CHISH
(This was also bad on purpose.) Here's a good one:

Your mom is like a shotgun: give her one cock and she's ready to blow!

·
Registered
410 Posts
SCUEI
(3.3% of women; 5.3% of men)

Not afraid of doing the wrong things, does not value rules and regulations, prefers unpredictable to organized, does not accomplish work on time, needs to maintain high levels of excitement, out for own personal gain, not afraid to draw attention to self, more pleasure seeking than responsible, not bothered by disorder, retaliatory, thrives on the rush of risk taking, unpredictable, asks questions that nobody else does, often does not know what they are doing, spontaneous, first to act, not easily hurt, not apprehensive about new encounters, does not readily admit mistakes, not a perfectionist, not apologetic, disorganized, socially comfortable, outgoing, calm in crisis, fearless, atheist/agnostic tendencies, good at getting people to have fun, opinionated, not easily moved to tears, sexually immodest, adventurous, unconventional, aggressive, often late, high energy level, likes the spotlight, ambivalent about the needs of others, worry free, acts without thinking or planning, bad at saving money, selfish.
-----
INQUISITIVE

More interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, detaches to analyze factors from multiple perspectives, regularly uses ideas and tools to transform understanding, enjoys playing with random interconnections between ideas and patterns, would describe self as a nerd in high school, likes science fiction, introspective, good at fixing things, more comfortable around adults as a child, feels both special and defective, knows the darkside of life well, is not bothered by going long periods without speaking with people, more intellectual than sensual, can be bitter, problem solver, relys on mind more than on others, driven by curiousity, feels best when working, minimalist.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S x u e |I|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENTP's are usually SCUEI or SLUEI

=)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Global 5: sloan SCUAI; sloan+ SCxA|I|; primary Inquisitive; S(72%)C(75%)X(50%)A(72%)I(78%)

SCUAI

Inquisitive
(4.8% of women; 10.4% of men)
more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, detaches to analyze factors from multiple perspectives, regularly uses ideas and tools to transform understanding, enjoys playing with random interconnections between ideas and patterns, would describe self as a nerd in high school, likes science fiction, introspective, good at fixing things, more comfortable around adults as a child, feels both special and defective, knows the darkside of life well, is not bothered by going long periods without speaking with people, more intellectual than sensual, can be bitter, problem solver, relies on mind more than on others, driven by curiousity, feels best when working, minimalist

http://cityculture.org/global5/calm.html

·
Registered
838 Posts
While it is true that most ENTPs are SCUEI. I fall under a more unique setting:

|S|coEI
(2.9% of women; 3.9% of men)

not afraid of doing the wrong thing, speaks up regardless of consequences, not filled with doubt, more dominant than submissive, not afraid to draw attention to self, self confident, does not back down when threatened, decisive, feels you have to be tough on people to get things done, not easily hurt, worry free, not easily intimidated, not concerned with failure when trying something new, aggressive, fearless, controlling, domineering, ambivalent about the suffering of strangers, not easily discouraged, out for own personal gain, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, unconcerned with the misfortunes of strangers, likes giving speeches, not easily moved to tears, manipulative, unapologetic, knows where life is going, narcissistic, exacting in their work, does not second guess self, untouched by other people's feelings, the first to act, level emotions, never at a loss for words, opinionated, demanding, goes after what they want, believes in a logical answer for everything, not very religious, show off, calm in crisis

I score almost evenly on O/U. Which isn't abnormal for me because I also score close to evenly on J/P. Most of the time I get P on MBTI and O on SLOAN. Jobwise I find myself more inline with the SCUEI personality. I only care about a few of the jobs for SCOEI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
SCUE|I|

S(84%)C(78%)U(88%)E(88%)I(92%)

No surprise there. :laughing: ENTP here.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
SLUEI

It seems like the C/L part would correlate to MBTI's T/F. (Because getting "L" means you stress out, which is obviously a symptom of being overemotional.)

In that case, that would make me an ENFP?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
C/L doesn't correlate with T/F.

S/R----High correlation with E/I. It means how socially active you are, whether E/I means if you derive energy from the extrernal world or the internal world

I/N-----Medium-high correlation with N/S. It means how curious and hungry for knowledge+intellectualist you are, whether S/N is much more complicated: basically if you're abstract vs. concrete: the rest of the S/N stuff comes from this.

E/U----Medium correlation with T/F (not C/L). It means how self centered you are, whether T/F means whether you go with the head or the heart.

O/U----Medium correlation with J/P. It means how organized you are, whether J/P means whether you're spontanious or planned.

C/L-----No correlation with any MBTI factors. This is one of the most common arguements against MBTI. Measures how nervous/anxious you are. Nothing in MBTI measures this.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
SCUEI
(3.3% of women; 5.3% of men)

not afraid of doing the wrong things, does not value rules and regulations, prefers unpredictable to organized, does not accomplish work on time, needs to maintain high levels of excitement, out for own personal gain, not afraid to draw attention to self, more pleasure seeking than responsible, not bothered by disorder, retaliatory, thrives on the rush of risk taking, unpredictable, asks questions that nobody else does, often does not know what they are doing, spontaneous, first to act, not easily hurt, not apprehensive about new encounters, does not readily admit mistakes, not a perfectionist, not apologetic, disorganized, socially comfortable, outgoing, calm in crisis, fearless, atheist/agnostic tendencies, good at getting people to have fun, opinionated, not easily moved to tears, sexually immodest, adventurous, unconventional, aggressive, often late, high energy level, likes the spotlight, ambivalent about the needs of others, worry free, acts without thinking or planning, bad at saving money, selfish

My Primary type is Inquisitive.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Your Global5/SLOAN type is SLUEI

Extroversion: 62%
Orderliness: 28%
Emotional Stability:48%
Accommodation:34%
Inquisitiveness: 62%

SLUEI
(3.8% of women; 3.5% of men)

prone to addiction, often late, does not think things work out for the best, impatient, discontent, negative, opinionated, acts without thinking, preoccupied with self, easily frustrated, not that interested in others, act at the expense of others, becomes aggressive when they feel hurt, acts wild and crazy, frustrated and angry when people don't live up to expectations, slow to forgive, takes charge, does not behave in way that is acceptable to society, pessimistic, agnostic/atheistic tendencies, not usually happy, not calm in crisis, does not accomplish work on time, spontaneous, not on good terms with everyone, demanding, misbehaved, improper, avoids responsibilities, not willing to let things rest, acts out frustrations on others, has a need to maintain high levels of excitement, rarely prepared, often bored while working, aggressive, asks questions nobody else does, hard to reason with, likes to be the center of attention, acts without planning, retaliatory, asks many questions, quick to correct others, more pleasure seeking than responsible, not hard working, disorganized, loses things, unable to control cravings

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,583 Posts
Not sure what l think of it overall but the C/L dichotomy is useful.

l am SCUEI, and l'm probably more similar to a calm feeling type like SCUAI than a limbic thinking type. So it helped me to dissect the ''anxiety'' l supposedly had, it's probably more of a reaction to other people being limbic LOL.

Reactions: Word Dispenser
1 - 20 of 23 Posts