Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the title states, I am struggling to decide whether I am an ESFP (like I originally thought) or an ENFP (as I have recently been getting on tests).
I know I am probably borderline S and N, but I just want to hear what other people think.
I read on one website that the best thing to do was to write out 'what it is like to be you' which I have tried to do. I know would appreciate it if someone could read this and type me xD
Sorry if it is cheesy or annoying.Or full of grammatical errors ;p

What is it to be like you?

Being me is intriguing, fun, exciting and full of possibilities. I feel like the world is just so large with so many things to do/try, people to met and concepts to explore and think about. The song ‘It’s a small world’ doesn’t cut it for me, in fact I think that if you are considering the idea that it is a small world then you need to get out there and broaden your horizons past your own little bubble! How can the world be small when there are so many things in it? My world feels both complex and simple, full of life and things to be explored: both physically and spiritually. Life is a journey which never has exactly one way of being completed, it is a process of learning and self discovery. You can not know enough, there is always something else which can be investigated. “A whole new world” is how I look at each day which I have on this planet (minus the guy, the carpet and the genie - but if someone is offering a flying carpet or a genie, I accept) and I get bored if I am stuck doing things which are not interesting and keep me from experiencing the world.
Life is extremely precious to me, it is something which I think needs to be protected and developed and most importantly, life should be enjoyed as I think it is a gift.
(To all disney haters I am sorry by the way -_-)

I enjoy the thought that I can wake up tomorrow and can explore the world in a new way if I desire; the only things that hold me exactly where I am right now are obligations (like schoolwork - getting good grades so I can achieve my dreams), those I love and God’s calling on my life to help where I am now. If I did not have those things holding me down I would loose myself in the great world and explore it to find out its mysteries. I think I might need to start looking up a new word to use rather than explore, but I rather like it, it is a good word.

Friendship is very important to me, I love discussing my ideas and thoughts with others and having lengthy debates. I don’t mind small chat, but it doesn’t fill me with as much excitement as more deep and thoughtful conversations do. I would do anything for a friend who needed help and hearing someone ask for my help gives me such a powerful drive of energy that didn’t exist before. I am always imagining ways to make my friends smile, be it something I can say or do, for when they smile and are happy that is when I am also happy. I never get more motivated than when I am considering new ways to solve a problem and I can really enjoy considering possibilities to fix problems. My friends say I tend to over complicate or over think the problem but I don’t feel that the first solution that pops into my head is always the right one to go with. When with my group of friends I enjoy doing things with them (be it wii, or watching a movie, or baking).

Thank you for reading :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
The question you're asking is really whether you're a Ne-dom or Se-dom.
Lately two people have said I claimed something was Ne while it was actually Se.
So I'm quite sceptical now. I still think I see a lot of Ne though.
A lot of what you say is Pe. Extraverted Perceiving, that includes both Ne and Se. Words like 'experiencing' or 'excitement' fit with that.

Ne keywords you use:
- possibilities
- many things to try
- explore and think about
- broaden horizon
- explore
- explore
- dreams
- explore
- mysteries
- explore
- ideas
- lengthy debates
- deep and thoughtful conversation
- imagining
- new ways
- possibilities

Se keywords:
- enjoyed
That isn't even a Se keyword I bet. Not sure what that would be. Maybe anything related to senses or experiencing feelings by senses. Nor any mentions of being in the moment with sports or liking art.

Stuff that you like to experience cool stuff would apply to both Se and Ne. The fact that you want to explore new stuff, to learn, to solve mysteries, is very Ne.
Add some more of your ideas, deep thoughts and debates and it's more of Ne.
Although Se-doms like experiences a lot, they don't necessarily need to explore the entire world.

Looking at whether you have inferior Ni or Si. I'd go for Si. You list obligations as holding you down. That could be inferior Si.
Inferior Ni would never like ideas, deep thoughts and lengthy debates as much as you do.

I'm going with ENFP based on this text.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The question you're asking is really whether you're a Ne-dom or Se-dom.
Lately two people have said I claimed something was Ne while it was actually Se.
So I'm quite sceptical now. I still think I see a lot of Ne though.
A lot of what you say is Pe. Extraverted Perceiving, that includes both Ne and Se. Words like 'experiencing' or 'excitement' fit with that.

Ne keywords you use:
- possibilities
- many things to try
- explore and think about
- broaden horizon
- explore
- explore
- dreams
- explore
- mysteries
- explore
- ideas
- lengthy debates
- deep and thoughtful conversation
- imagining
- new ways
- possibilities

Se keywords:
- enjoyed
That isn't even a Se keyword I bet. Not sure what that would be. Maybe anything related to senses or experiencing feelings by senses. Nor any mentions of being in the moment with sports or liking art.

Stuff that you like to experience cool stuff would apply to both Se and Ne. The fact that you want to explore new stuff, to learn, to solve mysteries, is very Ne.
Add some more of your ideas, deep thoughts and debates and it's more of Ne.
Although Se-doms like experiences a lot, they don't necessarily need to explore the entire world.

Looking at whether you have inferior Ni or Si. I'd go for Si. You list obligations as holding you down. That could be inferior Si.
Inferior Ni would never like ideas, deep thoughts and lengthy debates as much as you do.

I'm going with ENFP based on this text.
Thanks, that was very clear. So an Se dominant would write more about experiences even when doing a inner reflective piece?? I do like sport and art but they aren't who I am, they are what I do.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So an Se dominant would write more about experiences even when doing a inner reflective piece?? I do like sport and art but they aren't who I am, they are what I do.
Yeah not really sure what Se would write down. So I can't say for sure.
Maybe that you like experiencing things. Being the moment. Doing something. Rather than exploring and doing something new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts