Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. first of all, I know I wasn't active in the last month but that's because I'm starting to get bored here. Anyhow, do you have any hobbies? Please don't get off-topic now, all you ENTP's, because you tend to. lol.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I used to play an instrument, used to play sports, used to jog, used to do Capoeira for three years from 3rd to 5th grade (I can still do all the cool saumersalts and stuff), and when I was like 6 yrs old I used to do Origami to treat my hyperactivity.

As you can see, I'm one of the more consistent types. Watch out, ISTJ's!

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I used to do Capoeira for three years from 3rd to 5th grade
You're awesome...
I did Capoeira for a couple of years. But then I had to stop because my fucking group left to a larger city! I will do it again one day...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it's awesome. They called me sanguin, which is a little jumpy monkey (not a color) in Brazil.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I used to be able to play quite a few instruments (baritone, trombone, bass, drums, and a little guitar). Unfortunately that all ended when I went to college because of a lack of access to them.

I run--I do about 1.5-2 miles every morning before I do whatever it is I'm going to do that day, and I lift weights as well.

Exploring the city, especially the parts I've never been before, is always fun, too.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Honestly, my hobbies change more frequently than Lindsay Lohan's preferences of narcotics.

Among the hobbies I've had:
- Guitar
- Piano
- Making electronica music
- Basketball
- Soccer
- Ping pong
- Video games (playing)
- Stand-up comedy
- Biking
- Online trading
- Business in general
- Skateboarding

I get good at things really fast, and then I get bored with things very fast haha!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I have a couple of motorcycles in the garage I take out now and then. I used to be very into it, doing track days and touring and such.

I also write and record songs. Nothing too involved. It's fun.

On occasion I write short stories. Still trying to get a novel pumped out one of these days.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Most of my hobbies are music focused, play drums and harmonica and am learning piano and mandolin. Im in to Music recording and production software such as protools and cakewalk. I also write songs and other things like stories and screenplays. I dabble a bit in photography, hopefully i can one day get around to making a concept album that i always wanted to do.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Mountain bike, or just cycling when I get really bored. (I hit 30 on dirt/gravel road last time I was out)
Violin every now and then
Poetry, and reading in general
Anything to get adrenaline pumping
Learning random things
Smoking
Tying random ideas together
Was into scouts for a long time like over decade til I got pushed out by politics and just got tired of it in general.

I want to get into rock climbing and something that has to do with speed.
Shooting and sex is always fun.

·
11,928 Posts
Yeah it's awesome. They called me sanguin, which is a little jumpy monkey (not a color) in Brazil.
They called me Anjo, which means angel...which is probably obvious lol
I think I got that name because I'm quiet. But it just seems so ironic, to be honest :laughing:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Musical Theatre!
Guitar (use to be more into but getting back in)
Popular Psychology
Cycling
Running
Games (RPGs!)
Juggling
Stilts
Scouts (not so much anymore but used to do loads)
Gigs
Fantasy and Scifi books
Songwriting
General singing
Lego (not so much now though need to get more!)
Pursuit of hapiness at all costs!

·
Registered
722 Posts
-I play guitar on and off,
-I come up with ideas for Mangas (one Manga turned into a 2D fighting game instead),
-I write video game music (The majority of my songs end up being unfinished and I post the demos to youtube),
-I also have been songwriting since the age of 13 (most of that is usually lyrics that I write out and I usually remember the songs just by looking at them. Although I write the chords now on the lyrics) I can write for whatever genre I feel like but mostly stick to Electro-pop, Alternative Pop/Rock and Hip-Hop.
-I used to draw from the ages of 4-14
-I used to play video games alot but i'm very casual about it now. I don't even own a new-gen system.
-I also constantly search for and buy new music like it's an addiction
-I'm addicted to technology and the internet :)
-When I have more money i'll probably become an alcoholic. But I guess that's a career moreso than a hobby. LOL. All jokes aside though I don't drink much but I make it a purpose when I do to search out new drinks so i'll probably end up learning how to make drinks as a hobby at some point.
-I also watch alot of T.V. when i'm actually at home. I hate it but it's more habit than anything else. I was raised in front of the T.V. practically.

As the years go buy i'm sure there will be plenty more.

Also, does daydreaming of what the future will be like when I actually turn one of my hobbies into a career 'cause I do that alot lol.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hiking
Camping
Backpacking
Rock climbing/rappelling
Guns/shooting
PC modding
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Motorcycles
Running
Swimming
Sailing
Snowboarding
Psychology

There's more stuff that I can't remember right now...

Looking back at the list, no wonder I'm always broke. But I regret nothing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Debating, Writing, Arts!
:D
So, is that out of the ordinary? I see lots of people play guitar. I've never really had an interest in my musical department. If not played right, an instrument is of no use, and destroys the quality of my day!
OH AND LEGO'S!
Aaand... Hmm...
Writing in my diary.

·
11,928 Posts
Since my type is either ENFP or ENTP, I'll answer this anyway:
-Kickboxing, but I'm really interested in martial arts in general
-Writing(music, short stories, and songs)
-Guitar(mostly classical)
-Art(mostly drawing and oil pastels)
-Researching whatever topics interest me
-Reading(mostly non-fiction, although I do like action, fantasy, and sci-fi sometimes)
-I also really like legos lol
-Playing games...MMORPGs...on and off

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Climbing
Swimming
Traveling
Tennis
Skiing
Snowboarding
Surfing
Skateboarding while holding onto the back of a moving vehicle... :crazy: I'm not recommending it, but it's fun especially when the driver speeds up.
Doing stand-up in local places... takes less talent than people think. People seem to be amused quite easily.
Music
Playing cello
Guns/Shooting
Archery
Improv (I used to be a part of a troupe, fun days...)
Theater
Wildlife... like driving around mountain/forest areas to look for bears at night. Natural Selection is clearly still waiting for me to ripen before I get plucked off one day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
prior main hobby was investing/stock trading (10 yrs ago). Now main hobby is golf/long drive.

secondary hobbies include: weight lifting, training, reading (audio/video while mainly at work: psychology, history, occult, secret societies, ancient history, philosophy, theosophy, science/quantum/physics, etc), Toastmasters Int, side business ventures, travel.

prob most important hobby is hanging out with family and friends.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts