Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
... yeah, I can see ISTJ.

Reactions: Sparky

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
He's been typed as istj, intj, entj & enfj.

I was reading a book that typed Saddam as enfj, saying 'He was an extravert like Bill Clinton, but sadistic in his dealings with others. He was intuitive, caring little for details (like serving his people) and inspired by his own vision of what Iraq's place in the Islamic world should be. He was a feeler, but that feeling was largely one of "me versus the world," and he lashed out at those around him when his paranoia got the best of him. He was a judger, reflected in the thousands of people he condemned to death for perceived injustices. I agreed with the conclusion of enfj, but not with some of the author's reasons. The author relates feeling to being enneagram 8 and being a perceiver doesn't prevent a person from being a ruthless dictator.

Saddam was in some ways like Hitler, another enfj. An introvert doesn't need the adulation from the people or the hundreds and thousands of portraits and statues for external validation. Saddam also uses ends means analysis to reach objectives. In other words, he chooses the solution first and then gets his scientists to make that happen, eg. project babylon supergun project. As opposed to the sensing approach of making decisions by finding out what the most practical and viable alternatives are in the first place, to then determine a solution. As an intuitive, Saddam sees himself as the reincarnation of King Nebuchadnezzar and has his vision of restoring Iraq to it's former glory. A thinking type is also not likely to use words such as enemies of humanity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts