Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title ... I feel as if I am on a convertible bullet train, with the top down, electric guitar solo way, way too loud playing the same repetitive note. Screaming noise, piercing. No stop on the train will placate me long enough to stay and plant some roots. Not many people I meet, be it on the train or at one of the stops have enough emotional gravitation or insanely astronomical amount of depth required to keep me guessing anything new about them after a spell. I cant learn or experience enough to the point of frustration but my innate wanderlust keeps from hanging around anything or one long enough to gain that experience. I MUST dissect everything, physically, spiritually, logically.... It started as existence. I now find myself pouring over quantum physics as I have followed everything from outward space to the nuclei of atoms. Yeah that's right, quarks and gluons.

This is me. A Sagittarius ENTP.

Can I get a god damned hallelujah ! oo and maybe a pause button :)

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I don't think astrology has any relevance to personality

I think any astrological sign/reading can relate to anyone and everyone, I think astrology can be useful for self reflection in the same way Tarot cards or dream interpretation can be (though dream interpretation is a bit different because it is from your mind and thus unique to you whereas astrology and tarot readings I don't see as unique to an individual and can relate to anyone.. though you find your own unique way of relating to it in your self reflection)

also I have no idea what you're talking about...it sounds like you're trying to describe something poetically but your meaning is getting lost in the metaphor

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My language communication skills are lacking no doubt. You would get a kick out of my art ! Poet hehehe
im giddy ...never considered that. Always thought poetry was useless ....less romance and what not..blah

Not only is it just as harsh and hard to make any sense of I have been told it actually hurts to look at as it confusing to the eye.
To many focal points or some such nonsense ....

Heres a non poetic version of events, albeit much more crass.

Am I moving to fast or are the rest of you in slow mo ? OR is there fellow light speeders who can give a hand on how the heck you slowed everything down. Look Ive read the books I have watched the videos ...I know the cookie cutter solutions. There crap. The best temporary way I have found is weed.

Until anything is proven WRONG, such as astrology, I will continue to give it merit (on a case by case, verse by verse bases).
I know more about religions then most although I am a Darwinistic leaner. If for no other reason then to a belief that so many people hold has merit, if not an atom to crack so many atoms to support it. It is almost willed into existence.
Lack of atoms is not proof something is not there. Furthermore astrology is best guess based spirituality taken from sample size given volume for people by way of suns. Is that any different than the hole Social 16 ENTP's ....Sample size given merit by propagation of enough people to have it printed. We all need some good ole titles to make us part of the scene I suppose.

I digress ... I feel like arguing :/
surprise surprise

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
My language communication skills are lacking no doubt. You would get a kick out of my art ! Poet hehehe
im giddy ...never considered that. Always thought poetry was useless ....less romance and what not..blah

Not only is it just as harsh and hard to make any sense of I have been told it actually hurts to look at as it confusing to the eye.
To many focal points or some such nonsense ....

Heres a non poetic version of events, albeit much more crass.

Am I moving to fast or are the rest of you in slow mo ? OR is there fellow light speeders who can give a hand on how the heck you slowed everything down. Look Ive read the books I have watched the videos ...I know the cookie cutter solutions. There crap. The best temporary way I have found is weed.

Until anything is proven WRONG, such as astrology, I will continue to give it merit (on a case by case, verse by verse bases).
I know more about religions then most although I am a Darwinistic leaner. If for no other reason then to a belief that so many people hold has merit, if not an atom to crack so many atoms to support it. It is almost willed into existence.
you still sound like your'e talking in metaphors to me, I'm not sure what you mean with a lot of what you just said, you seem like you might be more an ENFP, similar but Ne uses more F abstract metaphor-style thinking, but eh it's not a big deal one way or the other if you are aren't, there's not a huge difference, I wouldn't sweat it.

Is that any different than the hole Social 16 ENTP's
I'm not sure what you mean by "Social16". I interpret MBTi/Jungian Psychological Types as a theory about how we think and form beliefs, not difference in social and other behaviors (it's not about personality) as it is often misconceived of since thinking style is related to behavior and MBTi test is about behavior, but really what's trying to test for is how you think.

As far as forming beliefs I tend to focus mostly on inductive logic, considering all possibilities using a process of elimination to see which stand up the strongest against scrutiny, that's how I interrupt how ENTPs think and form beliefs. ENFPs do the same thing when it comes to N topics except they use more abstract metaphoric symbolic visual thinking rather than things that are expressed in concrete (A=B, B=C, therefore A=C) style thinking.

So anyway that ENTP style thinking is what has lead me to the views I already shared regarding astrology and as well as being an atheist. Other ENTPs certainly have different beliefs than myself, but I'm not sure what you were saying about atoms is relevant to me as I don't think empirical evidence is proof of anything.

Anyway, hope that didn't make you any less giddy :)

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But I don't wanna be less giddy :) ....the alternatives are so dull....

Yes, last night was a really emotionally charged night for me. My feelings could not be expressed properly. Terminal velocity at an emotional level for me is not something I deal with often. Indeed,it is what drove me to this forum.

I can only put it into a context that looks like and/or comes across as absolute nonsense. If I can not work out my emotions I go into a tail spin and they snow ball and I will grab at any straw to try and define it so I can, either bury it or control it. Not necessarily in that order.

So as I sit here after a night of mental sabering with this emotion I am going through. I have decided to take the day off of work and just enjoy the spoils of war as I have totally kicked my emotions ass and it is now subdued for later sorting. Coffee time.

p.s. maybe next time I will go to a forum for emo cryptologist they might understand.

p.p.s. I was under the impression that ENTP types can snow ball emotionally and its always kinda sloppy.... suppose that was just one persons write up on it.

thanks for the attempt at a placating answer or was that a surgery of my lack of English composition to justify the puke on the page ..
I am still trying to figure that out ...!

-TeamTigerAwesome

·
MOTM January 2013
10,631 Posts
you still sound like your'e talking in metaphors to me, I'm not sure what you mean with a lot of what you just said, you seem like you might be more an ENFP, similar but Ne uses more F abstract metaphor-style thinking, but eh it's not a big deal one way or the other if you are aren't, there's not a huge difference, I wouldn't sweat it.
fwiw, my entp partner is a good palm reader and likes going to church.

It's not unheard of for Ne to be abstract, don't know how it's F related.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I regret reading this thread. The OP is worse than I thought.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I get that a lot, social media is a total write off for me.

Never really found a niche. Face to Face is really more my stomping ground.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
What made you consider yourself an ENTP?

·
Registered
353 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by "Social16". I interpret MBTi/Jungian Psychological Types as a theory about how we think and form beliefs, not difference in social and other behaviors (it's not about personality) as it is often misconceived of since thinking style is related to behavior and MBTi test is about behavior, but really what's trying to test for is how you think.

As far as forming beliefs I tend to focus mostly on inductive logic, considering all possibilities using a process of elimination to see which stand up the strongest against scrutiny, that's how I interrupt how ENTPs think and form beliefs. ENFPs do the same thing when it comes to N topics except they use more abstract metaphoric symbolic visual thinking rather than things that are expressed in concrete (A=B, B=C, therefore A=C) style thinking.

So anyway that ENTP style thinking is what has lead me to the views I already shared regarding astrology and as well as being an atheist. Other ENTPs certainly have different beliefs than myself, but I'm not sure what you were saying about atoms is relevant to me as I don't think empirical evidence is proof of anything.

Anyway, hope that didn't make you any less giddy :)
Yep, that reply oozes ENFP.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
What made you interested in astrology?
Most NT types tend not to belive in religion/spirituality which is why some may argue that you're an NF type, but of course there are rare exceptions to the rule and those people (including myself) are Entps and believe in religion/spirituality generally speaking.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I don't mean to be an armchair psychologist (well I guess I do) but boy you do not sound like an ENTP. Regardless of the astrology thing (it is very rare for an ENTP to believe in astrology, psychics, homeopathy, crunchy granola things, etc.-although we will research stuff like that out of curiosity but not really believe it), your writing style and response screams ENFP. ENFPs also experience wanderlust like an ENTP and are curious. However, ENTPs arguments are impersonal, logically based while it seems like your response to @desire machine is coming from him debating against your personal belief. Look at his argument (filled with facts and data) and look at your response which clearly shows you are getting upset and frustrated at the response like we are trolling you. An ENTP would not take the responses as trolling.

BTW, MBTi is (and should be) very different from astrological signs. Astrology says because you were born in some arbitrary month, you act a certain way. MBTi takes how you process things and attempts to put you in 16 categories. We might have some similar ways of processing information and emotions but we are all very different because of our environment and upbringing. I think @desire machine and I are securely ENTPs; however, if you read our posts (and the small glimpses into our personal lives we put out there), we are very different.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
What made you interested in astrology?
Most NT types tend not to belive in religion/spirituality which is why some may argue that you're an NF type, but of course there are rare exceptions to the rule and those people (including myself) are Entps and believe in religion/spirituality generally speaking.
I believe in religion/spirituality too (left up to the individual to decide what feels right to them-no one thing is the "correct" one). However, how I process it is probably different from a feeler might process it. To me, I take the different stories and teachings and pick and choose what applies or enhances me. I could care less about the rules of organized religion (even though I belong to an organized religion). I am still somewhat skeptical about what is fact and what was just a way to explain things to an uneducated culture; however, there are some good ideas and thoughts in there. A feeler tends to believe something because it feels right to them, regardless of fact.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
@Geonerd isn't putting someone in a month and saying that they have certain similar traits the same as saying that you're this type (insert personality type here) and giving them certain similar characteristics
even astrology charts may have a disclaimer that you can always change who you are or something like that, and mbti would argue that you are similar to others in your type but you're also not defined strictly by this four letter code. To me the disclaimers are one in the same, and then if we break it down further it just comes down to who uses the barum effect, and then we can cue the nature-nurture debate:kitteh:
now that I read over this post I don't really know what I'm getting at but in the end were categorizing aren't we???
#reallyjustslightlyconfusedmyself:laughing:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I believe in religion/spirituality too (left up to the individual to decide what feels right to them-no one thing is the "correct" one). However, how I process it is probably different from a feeler might process it. To me, I take the different stories and teachings and pick and choose what applies or enhances me. I could care less about the rules of organized religion (even though I belong to an organized religion). I am still somewhat skeptical about what is fact and what was just a way to explain things to an uneducated culture; however, there are some good ideas and thoughts in there. A feeler tends to believe something because it feels right to them, regardless of fact.
Woah entp-ception I'm sorry I didn't realize you posted until after I went on my tangent (and posted it), and I'm pretty sure we just said the same thing:wink:

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
fwiw, my entp partner is a good palm reader and likes going to church.

It's not unheard of for Ne to be abstract, don't know how it's F related.
my assessment of potential ENFP was based on language not content

for example
Terminal velocity at an emotional level for me is not something I deal with often.

If I can not work out my emotions I go into a tail spin and they snow ball and I will grab at any straw to try and define it so I can, either bury it or control it.
It's not so much that I don't relate to "terminal velocity at an emotional level" ...I don't know that even means.

I think the types tend to have a similar way of writing and talking, anyway it's not a big deal what type someone is and I don't mean for my suggestion to be taken as accusatorial

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
@Geonerd isn't putting someone in a month and saying that they have certain similar traits the same as saying that you're this type (insert personality type here) and giving them certain similar characteristics
even astrology charts may have a disclaimer that you can always change who you are or something like that, and mbti would argue that you are similar to others in your type but you're also not defined strictly by this four letter code. To me the disclaimers are one in the same, and then if we break it down further it just comes down to who uses the barum effect, and then we can cue the nature-nurture debate:kitteh:
now that I read over this post I don't really know what I'm getting at but in the end were categorizing aren't we???
#reallyjustslightlyconfusedmyself:laughing:
Really the difference between astrology and MBTi is astrology says because you are this sign you behave like that and MBTi says because you behave like that you are this type. I think that is a big difference. Your behavior (well really how you process things-behavior's a whole other ball of wax) comes first in MTBi while your type comes first in astrology. I am a Leo because I was born in August. The moment I came out of my mother's womb I was a Leo. I could have been born a week later and have been a Virgo, but how did that determine my personality? However, as I grew and began processes life, my personality began processing the world like an ENTP. No one made me an ENTP. I didn't randomly pick ENTP (just like the month you were born is random) and then attribute how I behave to it. Most likely I am an ENTP because I got the extroversion from my ESFJ mom and my NT logical thinking from my INTJ dad. The P was just God's way to F- with my OCD J parents. You could be a Libra and act like they say a Leo does. If you truly type an ENTP, you are not going to start processing things like an ISFJ. However, like most things in life, MBTi is just a tool to figure out how you navigate the world and how the rest of the world is navigated. No one is 100% one way and everyone is an individual.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Really the difference between astrology and MBTi is astrology says because you are this sign you behave like that and MBTi says because you behave like that you are this type. I think that is a big difference. Your behavior (well really how you process things-behavior's a whole other ball of wax) comes first in MTBi while your type comes first in astrology. I am a Leo because I was born in August. The moment I came out of my mother's womb I was a Leo. I could have been born a week later and have been a Virgo, but how did that determine my personality? However, as I grew and began processes life, my personality began processing the world like an ENTP. No one made me an ENTP. I didn't randomly pick ENTP (just like the month you were born is random) and then attribute how I behave to it. Most likely I am an ENTP because I got the extroversion from my ESFJ mom and my NT logical thinking from my INTJ dad. The P was just God's way to F- with my OCD J parents. You could be a Libra and act like they say a Leo does. If you truly type an ENTP, you are not going to start processing things like an ISFJ. However, like most things in life, MBTi is just a tool to figure out how you navigate the world and how the rest of the world is navigated. No one is 100% one way and everyone is an individual.
Well said, I think we may have scared that poor guy away though he hasn't replied to our posts

1 - 20 of 42 Posts