Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ga ha ha! Hey! My name´s Raúl. I´m 20 years old and mexican. English is not my first language, but I´ll do my best. I´m currently studying Administración Turística (touristical bussiness administration) and would also like to study law and cinematography. My three dream jobs: Movies and TV producer, politician (A real one, Aristotelian-like, I want a better Mexico so bad!) and entrepreneur (entertainment, real state and education).

I´m wildly ambitious. I consider myself ENFP, if only because I want to, jej. Tests often score me as an ENTJ, and a lot of people agree. Screw them! I´m confident, bound to lead, subtle as a rhino and strive for excelence in everything I do. However, I see myself more like an ENFP who happens to be a bit more private and have a high developed Te (I mean, that´s one of the ENFP functions too, right?). So many people worships the rationals; they´re badass, cool and everything, but I realized there´s more in life than wits and theories. So i´ve made a conscious effort to overcome my weaknesses. And it worked! Empathizing and listening to others instead of being bossy and controlling have greatly improved my relationships. I still feel kinda stupid and whiney sometimes expressing my emotions, though. So i´m often misunderstood and come off as snobby. I´m a massive snob, but I don´t think that´s cool. I think really cool people are those who are themselves and fairies and ponnies and all that Disney (ridiculous but somewhat sexy) stuff.

I´ll be honest with you, guys, I´ve stalked your forum for a long time, and at first I found it anoying (Actually, I´m annoyed about a lot of things, maybe I´m the anoying one!).
In your comments, a lot of you seemed to take this MBTI thing religiously, bashed the sensors and stereotiped everyone! "He´s smart and handsome and bitchy, he must be INTJ", "She´s an agressive unintelectual b*tch! Obviously ISTP" and so on jajaja. I´m obviously exaggerating, but you get the point.
However, I found myself returning here more and more (obnoxious comments and all). I was intrigued and you got a lot of information on the matter. I eventually realized you´re a great, interesting and tolerant community. Plagued with intuitives, by the way. I guess sensors are out there, living the moment, while we discuss about psychology. But that´s exactly my type of fun!
My city seems to be full of sensors, and even though i love and apreciate them (especially ESTP´s and ESFJ´s), I was eager to know more people similar to me.

In case you were wondering: yes. My nickname comes from two of my classic hollywood idols: Howard Hughes and Katharine Hepburn. I wanted to register as "Phineas", for my favorite literature character ("A Separate Peace"), but the Disney cartoon (as much as I love it) really screwed that name for me, jajaja. Maybe later I´ll change it for something a little more apropiate. Something "sexy and latino" (Stereotipes? Where!?), I do like my country (despite all his flaws), but for now Howard Hepburn is fine. Names with the same first letter sounds badass (or extremely nerd).

Some of my hobbies and themes of interest include: reading (mainly about bussiness and non-fiction, but i have read several novels too), movies (a passion and a huge part of my life), politics (mainly from my country, but I try to be informed about the world-wide situation), self-development (not a big fan of self-help books, though), story-telling (writing, drawing, narrating, etcetera), poetry (I´m new to this, and I found it deeply personal, my favorite poet is Salvador Díaz Mirón), math (I´ve always struggled with ´em, but that´s exactly why I want to be good at it) and spending time with my family and friends. I´m also into martial arts and self-defense sports lately, but don´t actually practice any yet.

I´m excited to get to know you and would appreciate meaningful responses. Saludos!

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Howard Hepburn and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Howard Hepburn. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
The Cooliest
7,635 Posts
hola! welcome to Perc!
haha that's all the relevant spanish I can say

Reactions: Howard Hepburn

·
Banned
72 Posts
Bueenas, I speak Spanish too :D

Pues nada, solo digo que suerte con tu futuro. I would like to do some film works one day, 'cause I love cinema.

Veo que te van los clásicos, yo todavía no estoy muy metido en el tema, so, what's your favourite classic movies?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone! I´m already enjoying this place!

@Inner

Nice! Are you from an spanish-speaking country too? Or is a second language?

Yeah! I like some classical movies. My two favorites to date are "Love In The Afternoon" and "Citizen Kane". But I also like contemporary cinema too! "Fight Club", "The Tree of Life", "Cloud Atlas" (I know, I know...what can I say? I loved it, even if many people think is bad) and "Black Swan" are pretty good. What kind of movies do you like?

@AddictiveMuse

Jajaja hola! No prob, it gives me the perfect excuse to practice my language skills. Where are you from?

@WamphyriThrall

Ahuevo! (Are you mexican too? Or visited the country some time?)

·
Banned
72 Posts
@Howard Hepburn

I live in Spain bro :)

So, I have to watch those classical movies. "Citizen Kane" has been waiting since a long time.
"The Tree of Life" has a beautiful phography, the mexican Lubezki ;) I enjoyed. Malick rules too.
"Fight Club" is interesting (if I were director, I would make movies like Fincher), but it's a little bit crazy for me :O
I have to see "Cloud Atlas", but I don't trust in Wachowski Brothers so much...
"Black Swan", like "Citizen Kane", is on my list.

I love all kinds of movies. But, obviously, I like them to be deep, original...REAL ART. I'm an INFJ after all :D

·
The Cooliest
7,635 Posts
@AddictiveMuse

Jajaja hola! No prob, it gives me the perfect excuse to practice my language skills. Where are you from?
haha, beleve it or not my mum's from south america and her mother was from spain...
Spanish is spoken a hell of a lot, but still I can't speak sentences but random words..
I am from Australia ^^ you are from Mexico right? which part? Do you still live there?

·
Banned
258 Posts
Lionel Richie has about the only Spanish word I know:

Everybody sing, everybody dance
Lose yourself in wild romance
We're going to party, karamu, fiesta, forever
Come on and sing along

Welcome!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Inner
Amazing! Is spanish your first language? (So we can speak freely in spanish)
Many of my closest friends are INFJ! And with "many" i mean...two of them jajaja (Both vegan and social activists, by the way). There´s not enough of your kind, guys! xD
"Citizen Kane" is superb, and the plot it´s like...from some Scorsese movie or something (Unhappy rich, ambitious, self-made man). I fortell a remake with Leonardo DiCaprio in our future jajaja.
Lubezki should be declared national hero or something! :O The man is a genius!
You are veeeery wise distrusting the Wachowskis jajaja. The best movie review i´ve heard from "Cloud Atlas" came from my ISTJ sister, immediately after the movie end: "Longest trailer in the world". I have to admit she´s right. But I found the plot interesting and wise.
Random spanish part: También me gusta el cine de arte, aunque debo admitir que veo muchísimas más cosas mainstream hollywoodienses. La última de arte que vi de hecho fue de tus paisanos: Blancanieves (con Maribel Verdú). ¿Cuál es tu película favorita?
@AddictiveMuse
No way! South American and Spanish heritage! You´re lucky! Plus you´re from Australia! That´s the first country in my "to visit" list! Spiders, snakes and flying foxes scare the hell out of me! :S But surfing, high quality of life and Koalas worth it!
I´m from the south of Mexico, a port city known as Veracruz. I do still live here, it´s a nice place. Unfortunately, our country is mainly (mis)leaded by morons who can´t realize the city´s full potential.
Which part of Australia are you from?
@Moonious
Thanks! ^^ This place is awesome!
@SilverRain
You already know the word "Fiesta", which is all you need to be mexican at heart ;D jajaja. Where are you from?

·
Banned
72 Posts
@Howard Hepburn

You're right, there aren't many INFJ's :O
I'll include all those movies in my list :D
Spanish part: Si te digo la verdad, no veo mucho cine español. La gran mayoría de las películas me parecen de poca calidad. Pero bueno, todavía tengo en mente demasiadas cosas por ver. El cine arte está muy bien, pero yo soy como tú: veo un poco de todo, y la mayoría filmes americanos. De momento también me estoy metiendo en el anime, y en series. No hay tiempo para tanto XD
No tengo película favorita. Quizás sí un top, pero como hay tanta variedad dentro de este arte, me parece injusto escoger una favorita. Te puedo mencionar ahora The Apartment, de Billy Wilder; Magnolia, Paul Thomas Anderson; Dr. Zhivago, de David Lean; pero todo esto de una manera muy "random". Ya que The Curious Case of Benjamin Button me puede emocionar tanto como The House of the Flying Daggers, o La Vita è bella :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hola y bienvenido!

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
Hola! Y bienvenido al foro! I am glad you have decided to join us!
Saludos desde Argentina! =)

·
Banned
258 Posts
@SilverRain
You already know the word "Fiesta", which is all you need to be mexican at heart ;D jajaja. Where are you from?
I'm fun loving at heart, that's for sure. Sometimes I think I'm holding off being positive about my type because I want to be an SP. ;)

If you surf in California you won't have to worry about flying foxes, just the person surfing next to you who is probably 3 feet away.

I'm from Washington state.

·
Banned
258 Posts
I finally got time to read through your first post and you sound difficult to keep up with. :D Since you want more info from people... I score ENTP on pretty much all tests, even official Step I and II, so I accept that MBTI says I'm that type, but as to deeper underneath...who knows? Maybe I've "used" T enough that it feels as natural as F. I identify with all ExxP's. I'm not particularly ambitious and I'm run more by fun, which means excellence purposely goes by the wayside at times, though taking my entire life into account, I accomplish quite a bit just by following what's fun and interesting. I'm pulled by both people- and nature-oriented degrees and tend to circle around business psychology, philosophy, psychology, wildlife science and botany. Hopefully before I'm 90 I'll narrow it down.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@Inner
De todas las que mencionas, sólo he visto Dr. Zhivago y La Vita é Bella. Las otras suenan interesantes! Dos días aquí y ya tengo una plática sobre cine y recomendaciones. Que bien!
Seguro que hay películas españolas muy buenas! Aunque aún me falta mucho por ver. Algo que me llama la atención, es que siempre que colaboran mexicanos y españoles salen proyectos muy curiosos: El Laberinto del Fauno, cualquier película de Luis Buñuel (no he visto ninguna aún, pero por lo que he leído era un hombre muy...peculiar x] ), Biutiful (No me gustó. Sentí que fue como ver el suelo por dos horas jajaja).
¿Qué clase de animes te gustan? No he visto mucho, casi siempre los veo por recomendación de amigos. Entre mis series favoritas se encuentran Xena, Black Mirror, Suits, Entourage, Gilmore Girls. Vi la primera y segunda temporada de "Isabel", es sobre la reina de Castilla. Me pareció que estaba muy bien hecha! Y justo ahora sigo a "El Ministerio del Tiempo". Ambas producciones españolas.
@daniluni
Muchas gracias!
@confused girl28
Thanks, ché! ;D Justo expuse sobre tu país hace unos días! Algo sobre subsidios, soya, economía y lugares turísticos. Realmente me dieron ganas de ver las Cataratas de Iguazú en persona y bailar un poco de tango!
@SilverRain
Step I and II sounds exactly like what I´m looking for! I need something official, you know? :laughing: Some degree telling me "you are ENXX" so I can be absolutely sure. Online tests are fun, but some questions looks random and improvised, jajaja.
At first, I believed MBTI was like astrology: anyone can fit in every description (I'm a Capricorn, by the way :laughing:). But eventually I changed my mind, it has been accurate to a creepy degree with the people I know. Plus the theory, the functions, the preferences. It all makes sense to me.

I accept that MBTI says I'm that type, but as to deeper underneath...who knows?
Exactly! Sometimes it's hard to tell because you're not in the same mood or mental frame all the time. Or with everyone.

Hopefully before I'm 90 I'll narrow it down.
Jajajaja I know that feel! I'll have to believe in reincarnation or something, cause just one lifetime is not enough!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts