Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in this hard core Bible belt town. The good christian citizens are always trying to save me from evils such as hell/ knowledge/fun and the all the other horrors that come with believing that the world was created in slightly more then 7 days. The real ironic thing here is they do a lot more "bad" stuff then I do. Frankly I think their time could be much better spent dealing with their own shit instead of pinning things on me. Turning a blind eye to your own follys and attempting to "fix" me doesn't make you a better person. Though, honestly, if you want me to play the bad guy I will, the role suits me quiet nicely.

Humor me:wink: what are some reasons you need to be "saved"?

I'll start...
-if I was eve and I got a do over I'd eat that apple. Ignorance is not bliss. Plus my parents always told me to "not waste food" gotta honor thy father and mother
-I lie
-I killed a man
-the 3rd one is a lie
-I ask to many dang question
-I do a god damn shitty job at avoiding profanity
-My instagram bio has a serious lack of bible verses

P.S. this thread just finalized my ticket to the hell I don't believe in...

·
Registered
619 Posts
How do we know the fourth one isn't a lie as well?

EDIT

Damn you @Kakarookee you were seconds ahead of me. Or maybe I just didn't refresh the page for half an hour.

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
You would eat the apple?

Bad choice, according to the fairy tale they were in friggin' paradise before they ate that apple.

Essentially all they had to do was to be lazy and happy. Zero obligations.

I don't care how dumb I'd have to be, that's a good deal!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The fuck did I just read? lol..

Nope, not getting in on this.. Never.. Nein.. Nijet..

If I was god, and I was good, I would talk to Moses while projecting myself into a burning bush, because Satan would never do that.

And while I was at it, I would tell him to kill a man! Yes, perfect.. Kill himmm!!

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
The fuck did I just read? lol..

Nope, not getting in on this.. Never.. Nein.. Nijet..

If I was god, and I was good, I would talk to Moses while projecting myself into a burning bush, because Satan would never do that.

And while I was at it, I would tell him to kill a man! Yes, perfect.. Kill himmm!!
Satan is the great deceiver, he's so good at deception you won't even know he's deceiving you. If Satan exists, people being taught this while heeding the "word of god" must make eternity quite a bit more entertaining.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If Satan is the great deceiver, Satan could be god, and god could be Satan. Take it that the one we call God is the one being evil. You could take the apple as a symbol for wisdom, and the serpent a symbol for rebellion. You could take it that God did not like this rebellion and banished people out of Eden as a severe punishment for not obeying his will. Which seems pretty fucked up to me. What if this serpent just gave us some information, something we weren't supposed to know? Maybe I'm over thinking this.. But what if the bible is written in some metaphorical code - It's said it holds "the" answers, I'm just unsure on what the question is.

PS.

Time to buy a bible? :O

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
-if I was eve and I got a do over I'd eat that apple. Ignorance is not bliss. Plus my parents always told me to "not waste food" gotta honor thy father and mother
-I lie
-I killed a man
-the 3rd one is a lie

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
If Satan is the great deceiver, Satan could be god, and god could be Satan. Take it that the one we call God is the one being evil. You could take the apple as a symbol for wisdom, and the serpent a symbol for rebellion. You could take it that God did not like this rebellion and banished people out of Eden as a severe punishment for not obeying his will. Which seems pretty fucked up to me. What if this serpent just gave us some information, something we weren't supposed to know? Maybe I'm over thinking this.. But what if the bible is written in some metaphorical code - It's said it holds "the" answers, I'm just unsure on what the question is.

PS.

Time to buy a bible? :O

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
Turning a blind eye to your own follys and attempting to "fix" me doesn't make you a better person.
This is true, even according to the Bible itself. Matthew 7:1-5: "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Reactions: Inevitable

·
Banned
292 Posts
If I were Eve (or Adam for that matter), I would've thrown that apple to the ground. Living in paradise>having knowledge all the way!:tongue:

There is no way to know if...God exists but we just can't tell if he does or not because we don't have a sixth sense that can detect that kind of thing.

Reactions: Inevitable

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
I am not ubber religious but I don't like mocking other peoples faiths. I realize many bible thumpers infringe on peoples beliefs with hypocrisy and ridicule but I just cannot slam the percentage of people that have a deep faith that do not act like this, and ridicule and mock them.

No I am not offended that you believe what you believe and I believe in freedom of speech, but with that I still believe comes a certain dignity. So by all means go ahead. Its your right to state as you wish. I don't tend to like political correctness I just happen to not really like mocking a very broad base of people that range in spectrum.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I love the bible. Several of it's rules and laws having affected my life. For example:
I wouldn't have murdered tons of babies without the bible(Read psalm 137:9).
I wouldn't have watched she bears eat kids for calling a guy bald.(Read 2 Kings 2:23-24).
I would have had more money without the bible as I wouldn't have had to marry those virgins I raped.(Read Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts