Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)
I am a 23 year old from Germany who has made her first appearance on here a few days ago in a "type me" thread (atm I'm going with ISFP though I'm not entirely sold, but no need to rush :D).
At the moment I am in my 5th year of medical school, which can be time consuming. Nevertheless I have a lot of interests apart from medicine that include dancing, figure skating (I work as a coach which is the most fulfilling job I've ever had), literature (a wild mixture of classics, contemporary fiction, German romantic poetry and non-fiction. Oh and the annual Harry Potter reread) and music. As a child I used to play the flute and the piano, recently I've rediscovered my love for playing music and whenever I can I let my fingers fly over the keys, preferably mimicking Ludovico Einaudi (Even though he probably has more talent in his pinky than I have in my whole body). And Chopin. Such a shame that I'm not good enough (yet?) to create something that is pleasent to listen to.
I hope to meet like-minded people on here :)

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Hello undsietanzt!

Welcome to this forum ;)

(That is my usual greeting haha)

I started with INTP, and went through ENTP, INFJ, and INTJ, until I accepted that I am an ISTP :p

Do you already know about the "functions", or is that new for you? :)

Medical School, so you will become a doctor? Great! From your description could ISFP really be the right one haha. So your hobbies are literature, Harry Potter, Dancing, Figure Skating, Romantic Poetry, Non-Fiction, Medicine, Classical and other Music.

I am a bookworm too, but I prefer fiction. And I was active in Soccer and Light Athletics when I was younger ^^ but now I am visiting McFit to get fit again. Is Harry Potter the only fiction-universe which you find interesting?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello undsietanzt!

Welcome to this forum ;)

(That is my usual greeting haha)

I started with INTP, and went through ENTP, INFJ, and INTJ, until I accepted that I am an ISTP :p

Do you already know about the "functions", or is that new for you? :)

Medical School, so you will become a doctor? Great! From your description could ISFP really be the right one haha. So your hobbies are literature, Harry Potter, Dancing, Figure Skating, Romantic Poetry, Non-Fiction, Medicine, Classical and other Music.

I am a bookworm too, but I prefer fiction. And I was active in Soccer and Light Athletics when I was younger ^^ but now I am visiting McFit to get fit again. Is Harry Potter the only fiction-universe which you find interesting?
Thank you for the warm welcome :)
Oh, the long journey of self-discovery :D
Yes, will probably become a doctor, but tbh, I often wish I would study something different. I can't imagine myself in any particular specialty apart from general medicine and psychiatry. I'm interested in actually getting to know people, accompanying them on their journey to health for more than just the few days people generally spend in hospitals. I care about them as human beings in the whole and not just about their blood work and I don't share my fellow students' fascination for surgery and invasive methods in general. :dry:
The Famous McFit :D I know a lot of people who go there. I tried the gym once, but it isn't something I enjoy.
And for Harry Potter - do you mean fantasy-universe? I think you could have mixed fiction with fantasy :D I've read quite a good amount of fantastic novels when I was younger. They involved vampires, whitches, magical worlds, supernatural creatures. Twilight comes to my mind. Tintenherz, die Edelstein-Trilogie, the mortal instrument. I still enjoy books in which worlds are created where things happen that go beyond what we think is possible. What genres do you like?

Reactions: Buzz

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome :)
Oh, the long journey of self-discovery :D
Yes, will probably become a doctor, but tbh, I often wish I would study something different. I can't imagine myself in any particular specialty apart from general medicine and psychiatry. I'm interested in actually getting to know people, accompanying them on their journey to health for more than just the few days people generally spend in hospitals. I care about them as human beings in the whole and not just about their blood work and I don't share my fellow students' fascination for surgery and invasive methods in general. :dry:
The Famous McFit :D I know a lot of people who go there. I tried the gym once, but it isn't something I enjoy.
And for Harry Potter - do you mean fantasy-universe? I think you could have mixed fiction with fantasy :D I've read quite a good amount of fantastic novels when I was younger. They involved vampires, whitches, magical worlds, supernatural creatures. Twilight comes to my mind. Tintenherz, die Edelstein-Trilogie, the mortal instrument. I still enjoy books in which worlds are created where things happen that go beyond what we think is possible. What genres do you like?

I already thought that the combination of a dancer and a surgeon would be "interesting", and ISFPs are known as Adventurers, so isn´t it fitting to accompanying people on their journey? :)
Let´s see where your next steps in the future will be ^^ we IPs are often changing, not the right people for routine and everyday things. I want to follow my journey my whole life, until the end.

I have read all books of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Dune Cycle, a lot of Star Wars books, Dungeons & Dragons books, and there were many book series or single books where I don´t know any longer the name. I started very early with Horror Novels (John Sinclair, Professor Zamorra, etc) in Elementary School hrhr.
Started mostly with Burg Schreckenstein, 5 Freunde, TKKG, 3 Fragezeichen, etc. and was always open for everything what was eye-opening.

I saw at least the Twilight Movies (with a female friend ^^), Der Goldene Kompass, etc.

McFit is only my ticket to gain fitness again, after that I want to start with a sports club again, but I am still not sure which section.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
And a welcome from me, too :)

You have some exciting interests although none of them really correlates with mine except your interest for fantasy stories.
Did you learn Latin at school? I did but was not good at it and forgot nearly everything ^^

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome!

You have many interests I see. I love classic music too. I'd like to play something but I'm not a talented musician. :tongue:. I read some non fiction too. By reading your descrption you sound ISFP to me btw, if it's of help.

Enjoy your stay here and again welcome!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Lord of Turtles I don't really think I'm an adventurer, but let's see what the future has in store for me :)
I really like your children's reads :) I used to read these as well. Especially 5 Freunde!

Btw, I forgot to mention that I've already educated myself about the cognitive functions. I am now beginning to understand the whole concept. As for me, I am quite sure I am an Fi-user though I am not to sure about Se even though I can see that my answers in the questionnaire suggest it. I also can't relate to the ISFP-type descriptions in many aspects. Ofc these are often just stereotypes, but still, there is always a reason for them :confused:
@Yami no Yume Thank you :) and yes, I did. I forgot a lot of it as well, but I remeber that I always enjoyed it (Ovid in particular, if that still means something to you) and even gave private lessons to younger students :D
@Justmeonhere Thank you for the warm welcome :)

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
@Lord of Turtles I don't really think I'm an adventurer, but let's see what the future has in store for me :)
I really like your children's reads :) I used to read these as well. Especially 5 Freunde!

Btw, I forgot to mention that I've already educated myself about the cognitive functions. I am now beginning to understand the whole concept. As for me, I am quite sure I am an Fi-user though I am not to sure about Se even though I can see that my answers in the questionnaire suggest it. I also can't relate to the ISFP-type descriptions in many aspects. Ofc these are often just stereotypes, but still, there is always a reason for them :confused:
The difference between a Fi Ne and a Fi Se:

Fi with Ne means that you theorize very much in your head about feelings, experiences, considering many options, often scatterbrained, more interested in things to talk, speak and feel about, more often authors.

Fi with Se means that you express your feelings, experiences and opinions more, be it in art, dance, lifestyle. They prefer real experiences, food, sport, playing instruments.

If I wanted to test crazy new food recipes, the ISFP would probably say faster yes than the INFP. And if I ask for talking about theoretical things just for the talking, the INFP would be perhaps more interested.

But there are exceptions everywhere ^^

And, for example, ISTP means to be a "Mechanic" because we "repair" "things". And those "things" could be relationships, cars, books, computers, etc.
We even could be artists, just with another method. That made it difficult for me to look more into this type, but I saw new descriptions which helped me to understand it better.

If you are interested, here are the fitting videos for INFP and ISFP :)

So, you liked only my children´s reads? ^^

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum. I love your range of interests and, yeah, stereotypically they sound Se.
Thank you :) I know what you mean, but I must say that I find it a bit shallow to type people based on the fact that they engage in some form of physical activity and value aesthetics. From what I can tell in my dance classes are numerous people who are not ISFPs. In fact most of them are extroverted. And many people who for example run or go to the gym do these things simply for health reasons and not for the feeling of moving the body. Actually I'd say the majority of people doesn't do sports to please their Se, but rather to maintain a healthy body, get in contact with other people or out of habit.
During the past 2-3 weeks I have payed attention to my perception of my surroundings and my thoughts and nowadays I lean more towards INFP than ISFP, definitely an IxFx type, that's for sure. If my understanding of Se and Si is correct, I would say I prefer Si over Se even though the things I wrote on this forum don't suggest it. But as it's been recommended before, I am simply going to observe and elaborate further without putting pressure on myself to come to terms with my personality type as quick as possible :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts