Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
INTP 648 tritype The Truth Teller sx~so
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Type Six is The Loyalist. I know many Enneagram experts use that too but what reason is that... The Loyalist is mostly lame and annoying IMO, it might apply for social subtype Six but not all that well for sexual subtype Six - or then it's just me. In any case it only describes some area of type Six while ignoring most of the spectrum.

Anyway, I'd like to suggest The Questioner, I think that would fit a lot better. It isn't as dependent on the extent of counter-phobic attitude and yet it manages to define the most fundamental side of type Six. Also The Loyal Skeptic mentioned in the description by timeless is a LOT better than just The Loyalist.

I'd love to hear what other Six members think though, this was just a thought and someone might come up with something even better. But IMO there are HUGE amount of mistyped people who are actually 6s and it might make it easier for new Six members to recognize their type if the label was better.

Support or reject ^_^
So, satisfied with The Loyalist, yes or no? What do you think would fit even better?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
The Skeptic is a bit much, because I don't consider myself to be so much skeptical or even doubtful (although I am that). But I simply like questioning. Which is why I love the Questioner. ^^

However, the reason I am questioning is because I am on a quest of discovery, really. That is why I like to call myself The Seeker. I search for foundation. I search for trust. I search for myself. I search for safety. And because of that, I question everything.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I think there's a difference between 6w7 and 6w5 again. :laughing: I'd also love the name The Questioner. But 6w5 might already like some of the more official terms. And I guess that's partly why they seem to misstype less often.

When I think of a skeptic, I actually think of my husband who then again is a 9 (ISFJ).

Reactions: Ntuitive and zallla

·
Registered
386 Posts
Fail-Safe.

Here's some definitions:

Noun
1.fail-safe - a mechanism capable of returning to a safe state in case there is a failure or malfunction
A fail-safe device is one that, in the event of failure, responds in a way that will cause no harm, or at least a minimum of harm, to other devices or danger to personnel.

v. fail-safed, fail-saf·ing, fail-safes
v.intr. To compensate automatically for failure.
adj. eliminating danger by compensating automatically for a failure or malfunction

That word makes me feel really warm and fuzzy inside. If someone calls me a "fail-safe", I regard that as a tremendous compliment.

·
Banned
842 Posts
We need more 6w5s posting their opinions. Searcher or Questionner seem fine for me. I find the word seeker appealing, but maybe it's because of my tritype... Fail-Safe, that word sounds kinda weird, but it's a vey good option! Sometimes I try to choose the right words to express something without getting touched or getting others touched and I come out ultra respectful, ultra honest and ultra tolerant, all at the same time.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
"The Buddy" for 6w7s once i heard and is sooo true...
haha... yeah... well... I can kinda see myself as that. But the name seems so superficial to me that I don't actually like it. :laughing:

Reactions: brianstorm

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
I like The Seeker and Fail-Safe. You Sixes are really interesting people, probably the most underestimated type.

·
Registered
675 Posts
The questionner, the buddy, the loyal.... That work imo, and imo too the label isnt the point of the enneagram

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
The questionner, the buddy, the loyal.... That work imo, and imo too the label isnt the point of the enneagram
But I still think it is important because it can make it easier or more difficult for someone to find their right fixation/Etype. Misidentification because of some label doesn't help at all.

Reactions: Inguz and Owfin

·
Registered
675 Posts
Misidentification is mainly because ppl dont want to identify with "loyal" and dont read description in some deepness

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Misidentification is mainly because ppl dont want to identify with "loyal" and dont read description in some deepness
most descriptions are crap and especially 6w7s often can't relate to it. There's exactly ONE description I know that I love and that I can relate to. It's on these pages:
enneagram pages

And I'm not talking about the general type 6 description but about the description of 6w7.
six with seven wing

Ok.. but this isn't about descriptions but about labels. :laughing: They don't even use a label on that page. :laughing:

Reactions: Owfin

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
most descriptions are crap and especially 6w7s often can't relate to it. There's exactly ONE description I know that I love and that I can relate to. It's on these pages:
enneagram pages

And I'm not talking about the general type 6 description but about the description of 6w7.
six with seven wing
Ooh, nice site! I find this one is more on the side of "chillingly accurate".

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Ooh, nice site! I find this one is more on the side of "chillingly accurate".
Yes, this is probably more accurate and very true. And now that I know my type I can also relate to it. But earlier it was still something that I could neglect and deem as untrue for myself. :wink:

Only that description I linked to made me realise that 6w7 must be it. :laughing:

But it's interesting that both descriptions don't use labels.

Reactions: Owfin

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Yeah, I'm not too loyal either ya know? Loyal Skeptic is good but just Loyalist kind of stereotypes us to be naive, furry little bunnies....or so I think. I always think it relegates us to the behind-the-scenes type of person when compared to other type titles. We are capable of much, much more. I mean, almost all the other type titles suggest ability. The Loyalist suggests we are the type who'll just sit back and support everyone and not do anything about anything. @zallla The Questioner is alright...I suppose. But it comes close to Investigator, which is the type 5 label.
I want to think of something that shows our capacity for inner strength and courage, our ability to be both objective and subjective, rational and compassionate (but I'm far too tired today). We're much more than just "loyal". @aconite I love The Seeker. That makes a lot of sense!

·
Banned
842 Posts
Thinking about it, it's true, but not heathfully true. Loyalist and Skeptic mean we seek for loyalty, but we don't give it freely. However, being loyal (if we achieve it someday) is not our final destination and actually it's a trap. Maybe it's the loss of my inner guidance that is making me get this conclussion, but I trust it. Loyalty is faithfulness or a devotion to a person, country, group, or cause, but at the end it's something outside of ourselves. There lies the resentment. That's our main dilemma. Wanting to be part of something and sometimes trusting blindly because of the fear but at the same time wanting independence and sometimes not trusting violently because of the fear. But I'm going to talk about my experience. At my worst, I feel restless, abandonned, lost and angry with others and principally with me, because I seem I cannot stop feeling I'm walking through a minefield, sinking in shifting sands or falling down from the tightrope. I always considered myself a seeker,because I admit I'm still seeking beyond this "security" state of mind, but I know I need to trust me, because certainly I know the way to my core, I know who I am, deeply in my soul, I know I do not need to seek any further...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts