Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i find motivation and inspiration to study for SAT's? im not interested in going to some big fancy college but i do want to try hard and prove to myself that i can actually follow something through.. how do i motivate myself? btw how am i supposed to take those practice test!? theyre like 3 and a half hours long! i cant concentrate for so long!

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I was always very motivated for tests and studied hard. I wanted to get into a fairly exclusive college (accepted about 20% of applicants and was in the "Top 20 Liberal Arts Colleges" lists. I guess that was part of my motivation (and I did get in), but I always wanted to do well at everything I tried. I'm a perfectionist. I want scores to reflect positively on me. And I never minded studying. I felt like it cleared my mind. If you hate studying I'm not quite sure how to make studying sound more palatable:(

·
Registered
505 Posts
im not interested in going to some big fancy college but i do want to try hard and prove to myself that i can actually follow something through.. how do i motivate myself?
Isn't that a bit of motivation right there? You want to prove to yourself that you can follow through with it. If you've had consistency issues before, this is a great way to resolve that. Moreover, you may not want to go to a big fancy college, but it'd be nice to have that possibility. Don't close yourself off!

btw how am i supposed to take those practice test!? theyre like 3 and a half hours long! i cant concentrate for so long!
It's been a while since I took the SATs, but I thought it was broken down into sections. You're going to have to attack it from two angles - first speed is a problem on the SAT - the number of questions vs time you have to take it. Second, is endurance. For speed, time yourself, attack each section, more practice will allow you to get through it more quickly. For endurance, first few weeks master going through a section with speed, next few weeks do two sections at a time, then next few weeks three sections and so on until you're doing a full-length test in one sitting. I would also suggest practice taking a couple full length tests at the testing site (if it's permissible) a couple of weeks before the actual exam to help prepare yourself for the setting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.