Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think you'd save more money if you were nomadic or if you stayed living in the same place for a long time?

What would influence this?

Some considerations may be:

• Complacency and boredom of living in one spot might lead to spending more money for entertainment.

• Desire to go out and explore new places as a nomad may mean similar money is spent. Or perhaps less money would be spent as a nomad because the simpler things would be more entertaining/new?

• A settled lifestyle could either mean having all that is needed, or believing that more needs to be acquired to "feather one's nest". A nomadic lifestyle may either lead to re-acquiring (and throwing away) things more regularly (thus spending more money) or the realization of less is needed for satisfaction (spending less money and getting by on minimal possessions).

How would personality influence this?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Another thing to think about is where your money will be coming from. If you are nomadic you'll need to try and find new jobs all the time, which can be difficult.

So as a nomad you probably wouldn't have much money to save in the first place.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The nomadic lifestyle generally isn't associated with having alot of money, unless you were a traveling salesman (or saleswoman).

If you were going to save just don't pick a local bank to store your money because you would have to get it out from time to time, I know I certainly wouldn't want to be traveling around with a suitcase full of cash! Sounds like a good way to get mugged.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
What I think is... the less you spend the more you save. The less you spend the more you save.

You can have any lifestyle you want and still save a lot if you do not spend.

This is only in general, of course. There are other factors to consider, including meeting a very rich and generous person that comes along with a nomadic lifestyle.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I'm a cheap skate in general, and I hardly ever spend money. I can't see spending money just because I live a nomadic life style. I'd figure out ways to do things without money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts