Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FWIW- October issue of "Psychology Today" had an article called "Revenge of the Introverts-How to thrive in an extroverted world". Most was stuff we probably already know but it was good to read something affirming about us. Every other paragraph I thought "Wow! That's me!" Written by an introvert of course.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Psychology Today? I love it!
Lol, I have to renew my subscription eventually...
And yes, I'll try to read it soon.
Introverts should be "equal" to extroverts, for the lack of a better word. I don't like the way people think how blunt, extremely talkative, and often judgemental people can be admirable. Otherwise, I love extroverts, lol.
I have never seen anyone comment on how being introverted is good, and this is a first.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't like the way people think how blunt, extremely talkative, and often judgemental people can be admirable.
hey! don't hate on TJs!
im 'blunt, extremely talkative, and can be *judgmental*..but i dont bother with people, for me it's about other things.
*lashback*
and i don't understand fuzzy-bunny INFPs @[email protected]
XDXD

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'm posting this because I think a lot of people may be mis-typed for this reason:
In typology, introversion and extroversion are a bit different than that. The definitions of introversion and extroversion that I think are being used in that article are closer to the ones used in MBTI tests. On MBTI tests, an INFP(Fi>Ne) could come out as an ENFP and an ENFP(Ne>Fi) could come out as an INFP. Really, I'd be considered an introvert. But I'm an Ne dominant. That's what makes me an ENTP and not an INTP. INTPs are Ti dominant. Ti>Ne is very different than Ne>Ti, that's the only thing that makes me an extrovert even though I could fit the typical profile for introversion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts