Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
EIE-Ni 7w8 sx/sp
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought this might be a wholesome counterweight to the adversarial atmosphere often present in S & R threads. So talk a little about why you enjoy men (if you are a woman), or women (if you are a man). I will start.

I like the way I can discuss quite intimate and personal things with women, and enjoy the sexual energy and tension which is often present as a result. Typically, conversations between two men are quite technical and theoretical in nature - and don't get me wrong, this is great if I want to learn something new or have a debate. However, it feels quite awkward to talk about your fears, hopes and what turns you on to another dude. So I am grateful to the women I've met (including a few of you on PerC who know me) for giving me an opportunity to explore a side of myself that I otherwise wouldn't have an outlet for.

Registered
INFJ 6w5 sp/so
With some men I've encountered, I have definitely appreciated some of the more pragmatic approaches to some problem solving when I didn't seem to be quite in a proper mental state to initiate that myself. And on the physical side, being able to pop a cap off the cooking spray can without it flying across the room and ricocheting off of something fragile. 馃槄

Registered
With men it is so much easier to joke around! I feel like I am free to be more goofy and eccentric without being judged. I enjoy that I can be more candid.

I also notice that, with my in laws, all the women have some weird dietary restriction I have to cater to when I am hosting, and the men just shovel in my food and go back for seconds. I appreciate that. Lol

Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
comparatively, adhering to some stereotypes

I've found more women willing to explore new things, try new foods, visit unknown places, make a change - it's largely the opposite when we're younger but as we age the roles seem to get exchanged.

more jerks of all trades among women than men.

women are more apt to invest in themselves and their environment.

while perhaps a bit more generational, the interest and excitement in repurposing, upcycling and reusing.

more excitement about bargain finding, sales and coupon clipping / discounts.

in fights, women go for pain and exhaust their ultimate strikes.. yes, yes, defusing a situation before it gets to that point is preferred, but if you had to witness an unarmed street fight between lads or lasses, which would you be more entertained by?

more open to receiving romantic gestures

more likely to find a lass ready and willing to dance than a lad.

generally more fun to troll

Registered
more excitement about bargain finding, sales and coupon clipping / discounts.
I lol'd

easier to talk to & more likely to share my interests well now that I said it I realized it sounded hateful toward my own sex. oh dear.

Registered
I like that I can hug a woman without having to say no h0m0 afterwards.
You got some serious homophobes in your vicnity. Nvm.

Most women have something sexy one can focus on.

Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ 鈾
I find women fascinating, amazing, wonderful, and fun. I'd rather spend time with women than men.

Retired Administrator
I want to preface this by saying that I think men and women can have more in common than women have with other women (or men with men) depending on the individuals.

But I do appreciate talking to men about the differences that are mostly imo due to how we were socialized (and some biology). And often these differences and similarities can come out gradually and in surprising ways, but they are fun to learn.

Plus talking to men can be healing if you have had a negative experience with them before--because they are individuals and while some of them are terrible people (just like some women), some of them are not. So it can be healing and educating.

And I am sexually attracted to men, so sometimes there can also be sexual chemistry as well, and it can be interesting to explore as an adult. But I suppose maybe the attraction gives an extra bit of excitement and energy sometimes.

I don't want to generalize them though because they are all individuals...which is why I almost didn't bother to reply. But hopefully it's still nice.

Registered
I thought this might be a wholesome counterweight to the adversarial atmosphere often present in S & R threads. So talk a little about why you enjoy men (if you are a woman), or women (if you are a man). I will start.

I like the way I can discuss quite intimate and personal things with women, and enjoy the sexual energy and tension which is often present as a result. Typically, conversations between two men are quite technical and theoretical in nature - and don't get me wrong, this is great if I want to learn something new or have a debate. However, it feels quite awkward to talk about your fears, hopes and what turns you on to another dude. So I am grateful to the women I've met (including a few of you on PerC who know me) for giving me an opportunity to explore a side of myself that I otherwise wouldn't have an outlet for.
I, for one, love the aura of mystery that surrounds women, at least it seems that way to me as a man. I like not knowing what they're thinking, or why they're thinking it. Keeps me on my toes!

Registered
I could write several books. They'd be a cheesy read, so I'll spare you and keep the cheese to a minimum. Generally speaking, women are beautiful, caring, supportive, and inspirational. The sex and companionship of a quality woman is why a man can work 12 hour shifts in a coal mine and still be extremely happy with his life.

Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 531 sx/sp
Guys will never ask you questions about which celebrity you like or what you think about XYZ drama.

They tend to be more straightforward and you tend to know where you stand.

Registered
I like how many of you can carry heavier things easier than me. I don鈥檛 usually need assistance with much. But I appreciate that most guys can lift heavy things.

Um outside that I think everything else I like about dudes is just related to personal characteristics and not their gender

Registered
I think men and women can have more in common than women have with other women (or men with men) depending on the individuals.
Err--...how does that work? If the women have it in common with men, that means those women have it in common with each other...

Registered
I appreciate the way men are commonly less reactive and not as easily offended. I also find them to be more comforting during things such as depression due to their approaches being less feely and more practical. My closest friends are almost always xxTx males.

Retired Administrator
Err--...how does that work? If the women have it in common with men, that means those women have it in common with each other...
Yeah--it's just talking to someone you get along with, only they don't wear skirts and are different in other ways.

Imagine a venn diagram where women intersects with some other quality like "loves the Steelers" and men also intersects with "loves the steelers" and you can see men and women can have things in common that they don't have with other men or women. (I don't watch football--it's just an example)

Registered
Yeah--it's just talking to someone you get along with, only they don't wear skirts and are different in other ways.

Imagine a venn diagram where women intersects with some other quality like "loves the Steelers" and men also intersects with "loves the steelers" and you can see men and women can have things in common that they don't have with other men or women. (I don't watch football--it's just an example)
Right, but what I'm saying is that if the men and women have "love the steelers" in common, that means the women also have "love the steelers" in common with each other.

Retired Administrator
Right, but what I'm saying is that if the men and women have "love the steelers" in common, that means the women also have "love the steelers" in common with each other.
Yeah--it's why I almost didn't respond to the thread. I don't love men more than women or something. Men and women are just humans. But men do have some differences than me, regardless of how similar we are.

Registered
Safety. There鈥檚 a calming safety I can鈥檛 describe that I feel can only be provided my a man. The paradox is that men are also the source of the opposite. They are the source of the greatest safety I have ever felt; they are the source of the greatest fear I have ever felt.

I prefer conversations with men. Generally, they tend to be more laid-back and drama-free. Less of a likelihood to gossip. Their physical & emotional strength. Tend to approach things more rationally than I. They are often 鈥渇ixers鈥. I enjoy how easily most can be turned. Stick your butt out when loading the dishwasher, men鈥檚 penises are like magnets to it. It makes me giggle, Idk why but I find it cute. Men are simple. It really doesn鈥檛 require too much to put a smile on their faces, and I think that鈥檚 a pretty neat thing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts