Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened to me today, me an a friend of mine were editing a film like we do every day. What we do is watch the cut so far, and do passes and make sure all the cuts are perfect.

Anyways we came across a cut I didn't like, I told him to go back to the cut, he went back and I remember being a little bit upfront about it, not necessarily rude but upfront. He wasn't really doing what I asked him, He thought I was talking about something else, I have a really hard time explaining things to people sometimes.

It got to the point where he just said "stop," and that's when I basically shut down. I stopped talking, I spent a few hours going over what had happened in my head, it completely baffled me, because we do this all the time and he's never shut my two cents out like that. Later we were talking and he said that I kept saying "I hate it" he said I said it like 3 times, and I don't even recall saying I hated it, just to change it to make it better.

Everything in my mind from my personal value system to my social habits to the way I speak, none of it points to me saying that i hate something blatantly like that not in a joking manner. So now i'm at a point where I don't know who to trust, myself or my friend, one of us is delusional.

What should i do guys, I haven't been able to work all day because of this, and i'm nearing the point where I just want to leave the house for a while.

·
Registered
164 Posts
That has happened to me quite a couple of times. I say things or do things that I don't mean and sometimes I have a hard time remembering the details of the situation. I think it's because we are so absorbed within our thoughts and thinking about what we want to say that we don't pay attention to what we are actually saying. This happens to me when I'm nervous around someone or when I'm excited. Just try to focus on reality more than inside your mind.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay thanks, I just went downstairs and told him that I just got really excited in my brain to the point where I wasn't paying attention to reality, and he was like, "Dude your still stewin on that?" and looked at me like I was crazy.

I'm glad it's back to normal :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts