Personality Cafe banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Seems quite extroverted really, she has a bit of awkwardness which I think comes from her being far from feminine as her image.
She seem ExTx, I don't see her ESTP, ENTJ or ENTP tough, so the only possibility is ESTJ.
Kinda disappointing really, hope ESTJs don't get upset on me for saying this.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I agree with ISTP.

Ti and Fi can be hard to distinguish, but I think Ti humor is much dryer.
I agree with you. I think Ti tends to make fun of people and pick them apart. Which Scarlett does.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Why I ? I don't see I at all.
I really don't see it. She's spontaneous and can be really interested in the conversation if the interviewer is on the same wave-length.
I no longer think she's ESTJ tough, she's too adorable.

I mean, everyone who just keep posting that she's ISTP, can one give a reason?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I really don't see it. She's spontaneous and can be really interested in the conversation if the interviewer is on the same wave-length.

I don't think she is a perceiver. Whats left is istj, estp, intj, estp, infj, esfp, infj, esfp. With that being considered. I think she is into the thinking preference. intp, entj, istp, estj. Hmm, I think she is in the Se/Ni preference so whats still left is entj, istp. She is definitely not entj.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I don't see her having Ti as first function at all.
Look at interviews with Christian Bale, considered ISTP, who genuinely seems like someone with Ti as first function. They are no way alike.
Her first function is extroverted.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I don't see her having Ti as first function at all.
Look at interviews with Christian Bale, considered ISTP, who genuinely seems like someone with Ti as first function. They are no way alike.
Her first function is extroverted.
Link this video please. Bale is probably estp, same as Joe Rogan and Charlie Sheen.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I don't see it. All I know is that I'm looking at interviews of the two and it's hard to me to see Bale as ESTP and Scarlett as introverted.
All this talking about living in the external world, living in the internal world is just theorizing with little substance. Like Zeno deciding that movement is impossible.
I based my judgement on their style of interacting with the interviewer and the audience. In Bale's case not much, in Scarlet case being what's most important.

·
Banned
1,330 Posts

You just said
"She's spontaneous and can be really interested in the conversation if the interviewer is on the same wave-length."
which are ISTP characteristics too, aha. Scarlett seemed to like the host to an extent so it was beneficial to her. She made a connection with primarily with him and less of the audience. In my opinion I feel the more extraverted functions have a tendency to put on a show or direct statements clearly addressing both parties instead of particularly just one that is quite familiar to her. Certain ISTPs I have encountered including myself do surprisingly well when we can play off of someone we like in a social setting because we can open ourselves much more since we tend to hold back a large part of ourselves with strangers.

I'd gather based on what others said I think she could be an ISTP. Just could.

In that talk show clip I noticed specific instances where she is expressing her thoughts on a question and she has a habit of frequently delaying herself with "Umms" or "Uhhhs" and sorting out her thoughts by shortly veering off into the distance in order to better construct and shape her response. Not constantly veering off into the audience for input (what I am inclined to believe Se Dominants - ESTPs would do) but the distance, and coming back into focus on him. You will notice this with Introverted Thinking dominants for the most part if questions may be open-ended in nature. Those with a more extraverted function would put on more of a blatant and impressionable display. That is what I think at least.

·
Registered
535 Posts
You just said
"She's spontaneous and can be really interested in the conversation if the interviewer is on the same wave-length."
which are ISTP characteristics too, aha. Scarlett seemed to like the host to an extent so it was beneficial to her. She made a connection with primarily with him and less of the audience. In my opinion I feel the more extraverted functions have a tendency to put on a show or direct statements clearly addressing both parties instead of particularly just one that is quite familiar to her. Certain ISTPs I have encountered including myself do surprisingly well when we can play off of someone we like in a social setting because we can open ourselves much more since we tend to hold back a large part of ourselves with strangers.

I'd gather based on what others said I think she could be an ISTP. Just could.

In that talk show clip I noticed specific instances where she is expressing her thoughts on a question and she has a habit of frequently delaying herself with "Umms" or "Uhhhs" and sorting out her thoughts by shortly veering off into the distance in order to better construct and shape her response. Not constantly veering off into the audience for input (what I am inclined to believe Se Dominants - ESTPs would do) but the distance, and coming back into focus on him. You will notice this with Introverted Thinking dominants for the most part if questions may be open-ended in nature. Those with a more extraverted function would put on more of a blatant and impressionable display. That is what I think at least.

Thanks for you reply, I'll take into considerations the points you made.

Still not convinced tough. I mean doesn't one would be more focused on a single person if that person has a very charismatic approach, non-regarding extroversion on introversion? Don't most star interviewed in shows like that respond solely to the interviewer because this way they can show a more personal side of them and appear more entertaining?
I get the feeling that what you describe is more like dominant or auxiliary Fe -taking into account the overall group- rather than extroversion in general.

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
Thanks for you reply, I'll take into considerations the points you made.

Still not convinced tough. I mean doesn't one would be more focused on a single person if that person has a very charismatic approach, non-regarding extroversion on introversion?

In some cases. But it is not at all shocking if she very well knows the host outside of the talk show or from a previous encounter. It may even be significant to note that the host himself is exceptionally charismatic which in turn could draw her out. You could also say she is putting on a facade in this particular one too. So many things set the tone for some people.
Look at the interview below and tell me how 'charismatic' she seems to you.
In a One on One setting without a full crowd and a gregarious host.
If she was very excitable should she not be this way in all settings in what ever way you put it?
There are several variables and factors. Which is why typing celebs is not always necessarily on my to do list because they are public figures to begin with who most make little intimate contact with. Only what they choose to display.
Unlike fictional characters who you journey with and get to know.
I have seen some place her in an Enneagram 3w4 Sx/Sp category which could work.

Don't most star interviewed in shows like that respond solely to the interviewer because this way they can show a more personal side of them and appear more entertaining?
It is possible. But would you not say their methods may vary in how they go about it? Again, note that she is more excitable in talk shows with a public audience and in interviews where she is with another celebrity. Alone I see discrepancies. Unless you have met some of people first hand it can be difficult to type them.

I get the feeling that what you describe is more like dominant or auxiliary Fe -taking into account the overall group- rather than extroversion in general.
Well, yes. I was making a drastic comparison of why I felt the function she is most dominant with is something much lesser in nature. Plus, I was under the impression you were insinuating that is what she was utilizing which made me turn my head. I did not read all to much into this thread. Extraverted Fe is highly blatant and owns the scene that it is in. I get the feeling Scarlett actually has to try which is why I am vouching for her label as an introvert. What where some of the typings you are going for with her?

·
Registered
535 Posts
In some cases. But it is not at all shocking if she very well knows the host outside of the talk show or from a previous encounter. It may even be significant to note that the host himself is exceptionally charismatic which in turn could draw her out. You could also say she is putting on a facade in this particular one too. So many things set the tone for some people.
Look at the interview below and tell me how 'charismatic' she seems to you.
In a One on One setting without a full crowd and a gregarious host.
If she was very excitable should she not be this way in all settings in what ever way you put it?
There are several variables and factors. Which is why typing celebs is not always necessarily on my to do list because they are public figures to begin with who most make little intimate contact with. Only what they choose to display.
Unlike fictional characters who you journey with and get to know.
I have seen some place her in an Enneagram 3w4 Sx/Sp category which could work.

It is possible. But would you not say their methods may vary in how they go about it? Again, note that she is more excitable in talk shows with a public audience and in interviews where she is with another celebrity. Alone I see discrepancies. Unless you have met some of people first hand it can be difficult to type them.

Well, yes. I was making a drastic comparison of why I felt the function she is most dominant with is something much lesser in nature. Plus, I was under the impression you were insinuating that is what she was utilizing which made me turn my head. I did not read all to much into this thread. Extraverted Fe is highly blatant and owns the scene that it is in. I get the feeling Scarlett actually has to try which is why I am vouching for her label as an introvert. What where some of the typings you are going for with her?

Allot of time I'm stuck with typing people, and she is one example. I kinda assumed ESTJ, because in the first interviews I saw her she had a somewhat stiff but at the same time 'personal'[ not high-class, oriented towards the interviewer] demeanor, which I kinda associate with ESTJ in the sense that they try to appear somewhat formal and serious but don't fully come as such, unlike an ISTJ,ENTJ or INTJ.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I read my old posts here and thinking more about S.Jo, ISTP makes more sense now.

I see she tends to be considered 3w4, that and along with being an actress from a young age explains why she seems to care more about how she carries herself in interviews than your average ISTP.

I read interviews where she talks about roles she plays, and she comes off as really thoughtful, analyzing quite deeply the role she plays and how well it works inside the narrative. It seems that being more analytical is her prime nature, and otherwise it's a case of enneagram+being in the business a long time that makes the difference.

Also, playing in an indie film with little chances of success just because she's at the same level of understanding with the director fits an ISTP better than the other options I gave.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've heard that she's an ISTP. What do you think Scarlett Johansson's type is?
Big scarlett stan here (a certified scarhoe)! I have to say I totally believe she’s an ENFP. From all the content I’ve seen so far, especially the hot ones interview: definitely an ENFP. People who are saying ISTP or whatever that’s probably Black Widow’s type, Scarlett is pretty different from her character so defo not.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,357 Posts
While I'm bewildered and ecstatic by the lack of ''OMG SO INFJ!!'' posts in here.....aren't we a bit blinded by her Black Widow persona, thus leaping to ISTP too quickly? Although I agree she seems like an SP type. I can see ESFP, not all ESFPs are zany balls of energy chugging beer during interviews.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts