Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty! I'm mostly doing this just for fun and because I'm not certain of my type, really. So, people don't have to take this too seriously. I'm just very curious to what results this yields! There's a couple of questionnaires that just seemed interesting and I wanted to do them. So, feel free to only look at one of the questionnaires if you don't want to read them both. The first one is technically a self-type questionnaire, but I'd like to see other's opinions.

My only request is that we stay drama-free! :)

Links to questionnaires

First
Second
SCENARIO 1
FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

Well, I would be very worried. First worry would be that they cheated on me or just decided that they didn't want to to marry me. I really don't think it would be a matter of being insecure, though. After discovering they had cancer I would be devastated. I'd really want to know why, however, they did not tell me let alone just get up and vanish without a trace. I would want to be with them through this. I wouldn't be angry with them, more concerned for them. Very sad, but I would want to make the most of my time with them and maybe even cling to hope that he could still have a chance.

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.

Well, I would respond with a touch of hesitance. I think their desperation and fear would impact me the most. I would choose to help them based on why they were struggling with the class. Have they just been slacking off and not putting forth effort? Or have they been trying hard but it just isn't working out for them? If the former, I wouldn't help them. Refuse, even. With the simple response of "Well, you should've taken the class seriously. Sorry, man."
If the latter, I would be a lot more contemplative of what I should do. On one end, I would feel compelled to help just because I would know how much it meant to them. But, I also gotta think of the long-term for their well being and education. If this class was that hard for you, perhaps you need to take a step back because classes are only gonna get harder from here as you progress. Plus, I believe they need to try and do their best on their own because there won't always be someone there to bail you out or help you.

All in all, no, I would not help them. It would be a tough decision for me, but I think it would be the most rational. I would be worried about it causing a big strain on the relationship. Will they kick me out? Will I have to kick them out? Are they gonna be really upset with me? I don't want conflict, but I just could not in good conscious help them.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

Probably project 1. I would enjoy having different people doing different things and it not being a big strain on myself alone. I don't usually like group projects that much, as I prefer to do things on my own. But I would see no point in Project 2, as what's the point of doing all that work if it reaps no benefit? I'd feel no motivation to do it most likely. The group project could be kinda fun and I would like to work on my individual piece and see it all come together. Plus, I like hearing other's ideas as sometimes I don't know if mine are all that great.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

I think I would just sort of "go along" with their ideas. I would throw out a couple of my own, but I wouldn't be the most confident with them. I would LOVE that they actually have a good work ethic! In group projects usually I was the one to always actually do the work thoroughly and took it seriously.

As for considering their ideas, I would look mostly at if their ideas are ultimately meeting what is required criterion for the finished result and how efficient/realistic it would be to actually carry out the project.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?
1. Actress! This is what I would do in real life if it actually yielded reliable income. It's so much fun.

2. Artist. Particularly a photographer or painter. Art is a very broad term. Once again, I would be an actual artist if I knew it would be reliable.

3. Musician. I love music. I've only played piano but I would love to learn more.

And it was semi-difficult. Actor and artist were ideal. I'm kinda sad that Veterinarian wasn't on here, which is my actual college major. It was hard to choose between music and psychology, but I think musician would be a touch more fun. Computer programmer is semi-interesting. Don't care to be a doctor, teacher, or child care. I don't really care about working with people.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?

I love nature! The water really stands out to me as well as the trees. What odd placement! It looks like a little forest in there. I feel a lot of excitement, freedom, and joy looking at this picture. I feel a strong urge to actually swim in the water and go over to the little forested area and discover what else is there. I suppose what didn't appeal to me was the fact that it's in a cave/cavern. It's kinda dark, dull, and not as open.

SECOND QUESTIONNAIRE

1. Look at this picture for 30 seconds. Write about your impression of it.

It's absolutely gorgeous. The rocks almost remind me of a castle. I feel some sort of freedom and excitement for adventure. I want to explore it and take it all in. What I would kill to be there right now. I almost wonder if there's something to be found there. It's quite "mystic" to me.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Well, on the outside I would do my best to appear calm and rational. I would try to seem optimistic and cool but inside I would kinda be freaking out. I would be REALLY looking forward to this concert and if it was jeopardized because of this I would be kinda upset. But I wouldn't show it.
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Eh. I wouldn't really want to go. Depends on who I was with, but I wouldn't trust them not to drink so I would be sure that I did not drink so I could drive home just in case. I would really wish there was some way I could home myself, but since there really isn't I'd just go along with it I suppose. I'm not much of an actual party goer with strangers, especially huge ones. I'd stick close to my friends but I wouldn't be keen on doing something (dancing, mingling, etc.) just because they were doing it.
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Stay quiet unless they asked for my input. Of which I'd be hesitant to share. I don't want any sort of conflict. I'd brush it off, though inside I would be thinking "that's wrong." I would speak up if this opinion was severely harsh. Depending, but I may go so far as to think less of the person.
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Step in. No doubt. If I saw someone treating an animal in a way that I felt was inhumane there's no question I'd attempt to put an end to it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I believe in being loyal, having determination, and being responsible. I believe in loyalty, because I would never want to be abandoned and I would never want someone else to feel that way. I've been forgotten, and it hurts, so I make a vow never to forget someone. My opinion on loyalty would only change if the other person was being actually harmful to me.
As for determination, you can't do anything in life without actually wanting it and pursuing it. I don't understand why people don't have goals they wish to pursue. I don't think determination can really change, but perhaps the way you go about it can.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

Hm. I think maybe my ability to be different and want something more from life than what's expected. Also my ability to take things like work seriously. I know when to have fun and when to be serious. Sometimes I feel people are too much of one or the other.

If I could change something about my personality it would be maybe the ability to be a little more confident. I'm quite insecure with myself and am overly aware of my flaws with something. I'm very envious of others a lot of the time. I can be a wee bit selfish. :p

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I can be very overwhelmed by my gut feelings and it's hard for me to "shake" them. I usually feel this way when I get "vibes" from people or when I think a bad situation/outcome is gonna happen. I don't really know what triggers these feelings? Or at least, it's hard to articulate what does.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Physical activity like riding horses, going hiking, martial arts, hanging out with my close friends and doing something, watching action-packed movies has an effect on me too. Video games and reading actually give me energy when I can't actually go out and do something.

Uhm. I can get drained by hanging out with people one-on-one too long. I need down time. It's strange, because group interaction gives me more energy but being one-on-one is taxing. I feel like I have to give all my attention the other person and I don't really like that feeling that I can't do my own thing.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I really hate expressing my emotions. It makes me feel weak and vulnerable. I put up a tough exterior, honestly. I don't like talking about my opinions or ideas that much. I don't really want to hear them criticized or anything. I don't want to upset people, but at the same time I'm not going to accomodate them either so I just stay quiet.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
My first impression was INFJ, and reading your questionnaire responses supports that. I'm picking up on strong Fe and Ni. You sound like an introvert. Do you know much about INFJ? Do you think it's a possible fit?

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My first impression was INFJ, and reading your questionnaire responses supports that. I'm picking up on strong Fe and Ni. You sound like an introvert. Do you know much about INFJ? Do you think it's a possible fit?
I get typed INFJ often, yes, but I personally don't think I'm a Ni dominant. If I were to have Ni and Fe higher up, I would think ENFJ. But that's why I created this, to get various opinions!

I personally think I'm an ISFP. Possiblyyyy INFP?

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
Still on the fence with INFP or INFJ. You seem like an NF type.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Yeah, I think ENFJ, INFJ, INFP, and ISFP are all possible. It sounds like your F is very high. In your questionnaire responses your F seems to come through strong. It seems like Fe at first glance, liking harmony in your environment, but Fi-doms are just as sensitive to that as FJs are. It may take more sleuthing to determine which kind of F you use.

I don't detect any strong Si in you, it sounds like you probably either use Ni/Se (as in ENFJ, INFJ, and ISFP) or you use low Si with stronger Ne (INFP). You seem like an introvert, but you could maybe be a less-outgoing ENFJ, too.

Reactions: mistakenforstranger

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I just noticed where you said hanging out with people one-on-one is draining to you, and prevents you from "doing your thing", while hanging out with groups of people is energizing. Fascinating! That actually points me strongly in the direction of ENFJ. Fi-doms are generally made for alone time and one-on-ones, and find groups overwhelming and draining. (That's not an absolute rule but it's true for all the ones I know.) INFJs, too. What you just described about yourself is something I've observed in many of my Fe-dom friends. I'd give ENFJ some consideration.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
Yeah, I think ENFJ, INFJ, INFP, and ISFP are all possible. It sounds like your F is very high. In your questionnaire responses your F seems to come through strong. It seems like Fe at first glance, liking harmony in your environment, but Fi-doms are just as sensitive to that as FJs are. It may take more sleuthing to determine which kind of F you use.

I don't detect any strong Si in you, it sounds like you probably either use Ni/Se (as in ENFJ, INFJ, and ISFP) or you use low Si with stronger Ne (INFP). You seem like an introvert, but you could maybe be a less-outgoing ENFJ, too.
You're good. Those were the exact four types I had narrowed it down to, as well. I believe she's one of those, but I was leaning more towards an NF type.

Reactions: petitpèlerin

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just noticed where you said hanging out with people one-on-one is draining to you, and prevents you from "doing your thing", while hanging out with groups of people is energizing. Fascinating! That actually points me strongly in the direction of ENFJ. Fi-doms are generally made for alone time and one-on-ones, and find groups overwhelming and draining. (That's not an absolute rule but it's true for all the ones I know.) INFJs, too. What you just described about yourself is something I've observed in many of my Fe-dom friends. I'd give ENFJ some consideration.
Well, to help out, I'll explain exactly WHY I feel this way.

When I'm one on one with someone, I feel like I have to "cater" to them. Entertain them, make them happy, do whatever they want to do (that's partly because I have an Enneagram 9 in my Tritype) I have trouble asserting what I want to do even when I really want to do it. Now, since I do have Enneagram 4 as my lead I do actually know what it is that I would like to do, unlike those who are pure 9 and have trouble prioritizing what they actually want.

When in a group, I don't feel responsible for any one person and it's much easier for me to "slip away" and so what I want without feeling as guilty. I get drowned out by groups easily. I have trouble speaking up and like I have no control over people a lot of the time which I hear is a Fi trait???

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Yeah, that's common to Fi types but not exclusively.

Thanks for the further insight! That's actually closer to my own reason for preferring small groups to one-on-ones. I don't like to be responsible for carrying half of a conversation, I like to be able to mentally check out once in a while. My Fe-dom friends seem to not be able to focus on just one person in a group setting because they need to make their rounds, greet everyone, check in with everyone, find our the latest, make sure everyone feels included and happy. Hmm. I'll give it some more thought!

Reactions: SheWolf

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
You're good. Those were the exact four types I had narrowed it down to, as well. I believe she's one of those, but I was leaning more towards an NF type.
Great minds think alike? ;)

Reactions: mistakenforstranger

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, that's common to Fi types but not exclusively.

Thanks for the further insight! That's actually closer to my own reason for preferring small groups to one-on-ones. I don't like to be responsible for carrying half of a conversation, I like to be able to mentally check out once in a while. My Fe-dom friends seem to not be able to focus on just one person in a group setting because they need to make their rounds, greet everyone, check in with everyone, find our the latest, make sure everyone feels included and happy. Hmm. I'll give it some more thought!
Yeaaahhh, that's not really me though. I don't much care to "check in" with everyone. Lol. Sounds bad, but ya gotta be brutally honest with yourself when typing. :p

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Yeaaahhh, that's not really me though. I don't much care to "check in" with everyone. Lol. Sounds bad, but ya gotta be brutally honest with yourself when typing. :p
Definitely!

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
@Vespera, did you find your type? I see you are identifying as ISFP. Was there anything you found that helped you decide?

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Vespera, did you find your type? I see you are identifying as ISFP. Was there anything you found that helped you decide?
In still open for debate, but just through discussions with those that are close to me and my own thinking process.

I really don't think I'm an INFJ. I see things far too objectively, I think, to be an Intuit.

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Se/Ni That's the only thing I'm sure of. Also, you're definitely a feeler. Sorry if I couldn't help much.
You're fine! Yeah that's what I think too but I just wanted to see. I KNOW I have to be a Feeling-dominant because my Thinking is quite weak. I have pretty good awareness of my environment even though I am a bit "dreamy" I still always have some sort of grip on the world around me. My thinking seems to be pretty objective when it comes down to it, pointing at Sensing.

The ONLY sort of Thinking type I've ever considered would be ISTP. But, I doubt that.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You're fine! Yeah that's what I think too but I just wanted to see. I KNOW I have to be a Feeling-dominant because my Thinking is quite weak. I have pretty good awareness of my environment even though I am a bit "dreamy" I still always have some sort of grip on the world around me. My thinking seems to be pretty objective when it comes down to it, pointing at Sensing.

The ONLY sort of Thinking type I've ever considered would be ISTP. But, I doubt that.
Actually, when I read your posts, although they are about feelings, they are very different from mine. I know an IxFP and the way you "feel" things is very similar. ISFP is highly probable for you.

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Actually, when I read your posts, although they are about feelings, they are very different from mine. I know an IxFP and the way you "feel" things is very similar. ISFP is highly probable for you.
Really now? Do you mind elaborating on how my feelings are different from yours? Just ya know, for science! XD

1 - 20 of 34 Posts