Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to add that I like this forum a lot and I don't normally say this but I want to go down
on all you people, (no homosexuality just pure admiration)

I know my writing is disorganized, also English is my 2nd language, if I loose you at somewhere just say, Jose What the F where you talking about when you said.....

The General Education Board was created in 1903 by John D. Rockefeller,
Created to ensure a supply of employees who where financially in need of
money so they had to work most of their lives and retire on their last years
(now days most people have to work until they die even if they went to college)

as soon as I heard and added some thought to this I dropped out of
High School with a smile on my face (Ive always been a straight C,F rare times B student)
Then I started studying about investing and the economy and after 2 years I have to say
that we are F'd up
an economic recovery is unlikely
and chances are that the whole world is going to slowly become a 3rd world.

Now correct me if I am wrong but,
I have the feeling that Obama's administration is still forcing this idiotic crap in the schooling system, I don't remember in which speech he said literary not to follow our dreams or wonder what possibilities we have.

Now people are waiting for an economic recovery even after all that have happened, they act as if there was no inflation,
sending their kids to school and telling them that if they don't get a college degree they are going to end up sucking people for a living.

Do you think this is what caused the economy to fall?
please comment with any opinion

Here is something I found in Wikipedia about this system.

"In 1906 The Education Board put out a statement that read in part, “We shall not try to make these people or any of their children into philosophers or men of learning or men of science. We have not to raise up from among them authors, educators, poets or men of letters. We shall not search for embryo great artists, painters, musicians, nor lawyers doctors, preachers, politicians, statesmen, of whom we have ample supply. The task we set before ourselves is simple...We will organize children...and teach them to do in a perfect way the things their fathers and mothers are doing in an imperfect way.”"

(I can't post the link here so just Google ...General Education Board...)

I am not trying to be a downer, instead I want you all to share some of your thoughts ( I's this is not a thereat)

Reactions: spook
1 - 1 of 1 Posts