Votes: 11 6.1%
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you like better?
Science Fiction or Fantasy?

(This could be either books or movies etc.)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Well, I love both and it's beautiful when you combine them to create Sci-fantasy <3

Example of Sci-fantasy: Warhammer 40,000

·
Registered
304 Posts
Fantasy - Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings...hell yeah!
Science Fiction - Frankenstein...hell no!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Why is there a "neither" option but not a "both" option?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I like the advancement of technologies that science fiction offers rather than some mystical concept that fantasy offers. When I think of sci-fi, I think of some kind of futuristic city, but when I think of fantasy, I think of Ferngully; probably the worst animated film that couldn't be anymore direct about saving the environment.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Science Fiction. Crichton, Rodenberry, Asimov, Clarke, etc.
Lord of the Rings is the only good fantasy series I know of; soon, however, I plan on reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
I don't watch or read a huge amount of these genres, but I would say that Sci Fi is mildly ahead, because I loved all of the Star Wars movies.

I love movies like Minority Report, Inception, Gattaca. What genre would they be? Sci Fi? I like the futuristic theme.

I don't tend to read these though, maybe I should. I tend to read romance stories, often with crime in them. I did like reading C S Lewis' "Cosmic Trilogy" though.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Well, I did specify by saying "which do you like better"

You INTPs and not choosing an option.
What's with that? :crazy:
Well doesn't that explanation apply just as much to the "neither" option? Even if you don't like them, you still like one just a little bit better.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I really like both. Fantasy has a beauty that captivates me, but if it's between the two, science fiction is much more amazing, to me. Lord of the Rings is one of my favorite movies(not that that's the only kind of fantasy I've been exposed to), but fantasy seems to not have as much variety...
I think that science fiction has much more variety in it and more of an ability to make your mind wander!

Reactions: Eylrid

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well doesn't that explanation apply just as much to the "neither" option? Even if you don't like them, you still like one just a little bit better.

The "neither" option is for people who don't like either one at all.
Other wise they would of chosen A or B.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Yes, please. Both.. aaaand horror.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
This is a tough one, because both are great. I think there's more good sci-fi out there than fantasy, but the good fantasy is amazing. I voted fantasy but I think both are roughly equal.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
The "neither" option is for people who don't like either one at all.
Other wise they would of chosen A or B.
So which is for me? Seeing how I like both. A lot.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I suppose I like both since I like learning about new worlds, fictional or non-fictional. I picked fantasy, though, since I think it has a connection to my favorite genre, supernatural. That and I don't mind fantasy RPGs.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts