Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking this question a lot. My passion for nature and its misteries is incredible, but my heart is always saying that I have to give my part to this world.
The first idea is about science, discovering. The second one is about engineering, because I'd love being part of emerging technologies.
So, what should I do?

1,239 Posts
I've been thinking this question a lot. My passion for nature and its misteries is incredible, but my heart is always saying that I have to give my part to this world.
The first idea is about science, discovering. The second one is about engineering, because I'd love being part of emerging technologies.
So, what should I do?
Do something like Biology/Ecology/Zoology/Environmental science/Wildlife biology and you can do both :D

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
So, what should I do?
Hmm, I think the best option to combine these is to do a natural science and/or engineering.

For example you could do Biological/Ecological/Zoological Engineering or something. It combines both your desire for nature and to participate in engineering. Or, you could into one of those field without the engineering addition, that would be fine as well.

I myself am going into a natural science as well, because it combines my love for the earth with my love for science.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, I think the best option to combine these is to do a natural science and/or engineering.

For example you could do Biological/Ecological/Zoological Engineering or something. It combines both your desire for nature and to participate in engineering. Or, you could into one of those field without the engineering addition, that would be fine as well.

I myself am going into a natural science as well, because it combines my love for the earth with my love for science.
I love biology, but I'm more impressed with physics.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
That's the dilemma.
Hmm. I'm still unsure of what sort of science I want to go into myself (but I know I want to go into science), so all I can really do is give you the advice I'm giving to myself.

Let's see, what subjects were your favorite, or more-so, the ones you were best at in school. Specifically, what type of math and sciences were you the most skilled at and enjoyed the most?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm. I'm still unsure of what sort of science I want to go into myself (but I know I want to go into science), so all I can really do is give you the advice I'm giving to myself.

Let's see, what subjects were your favorite, or more-so, the ones you were best at in school. Specifically, what type of math and sciences were you the most skilled at and enjoyed the most?
I do not have big skills in math or science subjects. However, my passions are with these complex misteries and our wonderful world. My question here is: What to do: discover or create? Science or Engineering?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I do not have big skills in math or science subjects. However, my passions are with these complex misteries and our wonderful world. My question here is: What to do: discover or create? Science or Engineering?
It's really up to you.

What do you enjoy more: discovering what is already there, or making your own things based off what other's have discovered?

I cannot help you there, only you can do that...

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
The truth is that I want to do everything. Not possible, but I'm still dreaming.
Well, do you even have to decide anytime in the near future? Can you not just lay adrift until you've found your calling?

Reactions: Julorious

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been going trough similar dilemma when I was applying for college. As many other INFPs I like humanistic, nature and art fields of science. But I had this urge to do something that would improve this world.
So now here I am studying chemical engineering and I really like it. The god thing about it that its a very vast profession at the end you can work, besides being classic chemical engineer, like environmental or biochemical engineer which is more connected to nature, you can end up working like more conventional engineer or there is an open path to chemistry if you decide that science is what you want to do.
And there is also a lot of physic involved, like in every other branch of engineering.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.