• Other or this is stupid yet I have a compulsion to check a box anyway

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There was a thread earlier about the Aquarius zodiac sign matching the ENTP personality description and wondering if there was correlation. 98% of the comments pretty much was what I expected-zodiac signs are an interesting concept but as one poster called it "bollox" another called it hippie crap. So I figured why not put this to bed once and for all with a "scientific" study. I know my hypothesis is that our birthdays will be all over the zodiac signs and not clustered on any certain one, but lets see.

In order to make this actually be scientific-Non-ENTPs Please do not vote! If you feel so inclined to tell us your sign, do it in the comments.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Interesting.

Sag here; voted and all so now i am stuck with it :)

I tend to agree with you Geo, it will be all over the place.

On aside note.. I do find it interesting that some people
are weighted very heavily to a certain classification of all this
type stuff....
So for example.

I am Sag/ENTP/ILE/7w8-8w7/sx-so-sp/Chaotic Neutral

When I delve into what the different descriptions are for all of
the above it puts me in a crazy forward thinking dont tie me down
happy go lucky fast forward type of person.

I am very weighted to all of the fast moving ever changing types.
To such a degree it would seem I over kill it.

I am interested to see if others trend the same or if there is more of a
spread spectrum where someone may be a SAG and very forward thinking
but at the same time be the opposite in other ideologies.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm Leo/ENTP/7w8 9w8/Chaotic Neutral (I never did the other ones)

Leo comes across like an ESFJ although just like I said in the previous thread, you can pick out a few things that are like yourself in the signs if you want to. A Leo is supposed to be confident, ambitious, generous, loyal, and encouraging along with the negative traits of pretentious, domineering, melodramic, vain, and stubborn. I am confident, generally ambitious (especially for an ENTP), and generous (something that I think rubbed off from my ESFJ mom) but although I have plenty of negative traits, the Leo ones don't fit except for being stubborn when I know I'm right and the other person isn't tasking me seriously. I'm definitely not "loyal" in the sense that I do not stubbornly stand by something no matter what. You can shake me off with logical reasoning. I am not good at being particularly encouraging. I consciously try to do that when I know someone needs it but it is forced, not natural. My negatives are more like being unemotional and impulsive.

Although interesting enough, one of my good friends is an INTJ and is a Virgo which actually fits pretty well.

My husband is an ISTJ and an Aries and the description does not describe him (optimistic, enthusiastic, courageous) at all but some the negative traits do (moody, short-tempered, and impatient).

Like I said, they make it vague enough that you can almost apply some part of your personality to any of the signs.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
My husband is an ISTJ and an Aries and the description does not describe him (optimistic, enthusiastic, courageous) at all but some the negative traits do (moody, short-tempered, and impatient).
Laugh out Loud, really I did ... ok ok .. i see that as very honest but damned hilarious .....
You know whenever I speak with my wife about that kinda stuff
she cant handle it. I have to tip toe around her faults or
lack of a certain description.

Let me be sexist.. If my wife ever said I was anything less than
optimistic, enthusiastic, courageous I would have her committed.
As I believe most Men would would argue that.

Ahh thats just the ape in me talking ....move along ;)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Capricorn ENTP.

Doesn't fit me, really. I find all of the Capricorns I know annoying and vapid as fuck. They don't seem to have a personality beneath what you see on the surface. I find that the description for my moon sign (Leo) fits me a lot more, and I've had several people guess that I'm a Leo without knowing when my birthday is.

I don't necessarily believe in astrology, but I do find it interesting.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
I'm Gemini and I just googled it and here's the first hit: Gemini Sign - Zodiac Sign Gemini Personality Information - Zodiac-Signs-Astrology.com Not the most eloquent Gemini description but probably typical enough. That's not me very much (my hands and arms are not an important erogenous zone), but I think with just a few excerptions that could easily double as a shitty ENTP description and not many people would notice.

Taurus is the sign of my partner (INTJ) and the description of Taurus on that site is not ridiculously off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ha ha - Gemini here. Though I don't think that MBTI will necessarily correspond to one's sign for obvious reasons, I have read other "experts" that claim Gemini is the natural sign of the ENTP. I can see why the comparison is made, an ENTP would in astrology likely correspond to an air sign and Mercury as the ruling planet if one had to choose a planet for an ENTP it would certainly be Mercury as it's domain is apparently logic, reasoning, intellect, communication, awareness etc. Virgo is also ruled by Mercury but would be the more introverted and the likely association for an INTP. It makes sense of all the signs to associate ENTPs with the sign of Gemini. Strange that the poll results say the same thing.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
I am so very Scorpio that its amazing, but, the Zodiac has never had any credibility that I could detect other than its alarming fit for me a few others by happenstance.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Laugh out Loud, really I did ... ok ok .. i see that as very honest but damned hilarious .....
You know whenever I speak with my wife about that kinda stuff
she cant handle it. I have to tip toe around her faults or
lack of a certain description.

Let me be sexist.. If my wife ever said I was anything less than
optimistic, enthusiastic, courageous I would have her committed.
As I believe most Men would would argue that.

Ahh thats just the ape in me talking ....move along ;)
My husband is the first to admit he's a pessimist (and admires my optimism) and he would also admit he is grumpy and impatient too. He would think I was describing someone else if I called him optimistic, enthusiastic, or even courageous (he is sort of-after lots of apprehension and second guessing). If I was an ENTP male I would be offended if I called them otherwise. An ISTJ does not care if they are enthusiastic or optimistic, they are not traits they admire in themselves, they are realists and like concrete ideas and solid plans.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know little of Aquariuses' supposed characteristics, but those born in the period it represents are definitely not an ENTP representative (there are always exceptions), they're rather withdrawn, definitely an I.
Of course, if you believe in astrology (predominantly I don't, having said that from my experience people born in the same periods do share some similarities), there's also a bunch of other things like ascendant, mars, moon, ..., angles between those etc.

Since many here are writing theirs, I'll do the same; Scorpio, ENTP, 7w6 (sx/sp), LSE, Sanguine/Choleric.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
My husband is the first to admit he's a pessimist (and admires my optimism) and he would also admit he is grumpy and impatient too. He would think I was describing someone else if I called him optimistic, enthusiastic, or even courageous (he is sort of-after lots of apprehension and second guessing). If I was an ENTP male I would be offended if I called them otherwise. An ISTJ does not care if they are enthusiastic or optimistic, they are not traits they admire in themselves, they are realists and like concrete ideas and solid plans.
Touche Sister...

I cant beat the shards of sexist mentality that
pop up in my noddle from time to time.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Touche Sister...

I cant beat the shards of sexist mentality that
pop up in my noddle from time to time.
Now if I described him like a Taurus he would be proud: Reliable, practical, devoted, responsible, stable. Those are the traits that he is and he would admire in himself. I've said before, he's my yin to my yang.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gemini is taking the lead with 4 which is interesting because it is a similar personality to ENTP...although there are two Tauruses and they are about as far away from the ENTP personality than you can get.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am probably not an ENTP
I just wanted to mess with your study and click buttons, but I have to come clean

I am a gemini, clicked the button, but not an ENTP
Sorry

Reactions: Geonerd

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
ENTP 5w4 Scorpio

·
Registered
ENTP 3w4 so/sx
2,859 Posts
I'm a Pisces. I don't think I'm like a Pisces.
Most similar to Gemini actually.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts