Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No one's made an official typing thread of this film/comic, so I decided to. Type away my dears!

Scott Pilgrim -
Ramona V. Flowers -
Wallace Wells -
Knives Chau -
Kim -
Young Neil -
Stephen Stills -
Stacey Pilgrim -
Envy -
Matthew Patel -
Lucas Lee -
Todd Ingram -
Roxy -
Saito Bros -
Gideon -

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I'll give it a go! :proud:

Scott Pilgrim - ENFP
Ramona V. Flowers - INTP
Wallace Wells - ISTx
Knives Chau - ESFP?
Kim - INTx
Young Neil - ISFP
Stephen Stills - ENxx
Stacey Pilgrim - xNTx
Envy - ESFJ (gone evil)
Matthew Patel - ISTP?
Lucas Lee - ESTP?
Todd Ingram - ESFJ
Roxy - ESTx
Saito Bros - No clue
Gideon - ExTJ

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Scott Pilgrim - ENFP
Ramona V. Flowers - INTP
Wallace Wells - ESTP
Knives Chau - INFP
Kim - INTJ
Young Neil - ISFP
Stephen Stills - ESxJ
Stacey Pilgrim - xNTx
Envy - ESFJ
Matthew Patel - INFP
Lucas Lee - ESTP
Todd Ingram - ESFJ
Roxy - ESFP
Saito Bros - IxxJ
Gideon - ESTJ

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've just seen the film version so based on that only there is NO way that Scott Pilgrim is an E anything. None of his actions were extrovert... I see him more as Introvert as he is so scared to confront anyone...he lived across the street from where he was born...no ambition - not really any sign of E. In the movie he was one of THE most unlikeable lead characters ever (I think that was deliberate) and the only person I felt for was Knives...though the original ending is much more appropriate it was switched to a more audience friendly one.
Good movie, worth seeing but the idea wears a bit thin after an hour

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely found him E in the comics. I can see what you mean in the film, but not all extraverts have loads of ambition, I know I don't! He seems ENFP, kind of like JD from Scrubs (off in his own little world and has crazy thought patterns), ENFPs are also the most introverted extraverts along with ENTPs. When he's stressed he also retreats and stays by himself in the comics, but still talks to people, like an E going to their shadow.

·
Registered
663 Posts
honestly I wanted to slap the character of Scott Pilgrim around the head...really insipid...too geeky to be anything but an I. Seriously i am trying to recall if he EVER started a conversation face to face...err no...not really initiating anything either - sorry he's not an E

the movie is possibly 2001 for the slacker generation - trippy,nice and colourful, inventive in places due to all the video game lifts and references

It makes the mistake that all 'kids' are interested in alt rock and all that BS and no one else exists!

a perfect teenage movie but candy floss for adults

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
honestly I wanted to slap the character of Scott Pilgrim around the head...really insipid...too geeky to be anything but an I. Seriously i am trying to recall if he EVER started a conversation face to face...err no...not really initiating anything either - sorry he's not an E

the movie is possibly 2001 for the slacker generation - trippy,nice and colourful, inventive in places due to all the video game lifts and references

It makes the mistake that all 'kids' are interested in alt rock and all that BS and no one else exists!

a perfect teenage movie but candy floss for adults
Really? I'm insanely geeky (way more than all my friends) and I'm one of the few extraverts :/

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I definitely found him E in the comics. I can see what you mean in the film, but not all extraverts have loads of ambition, I know I don't! He seems ENFP, kind of like JD from Scrubs (off in his own little world and has crazy thought patterns), ENFPs are also the most introverted extraverts along with ENTPs. When he's stressed he also retreats and stays by himself in the comics, but still talks to people, like an E going to their shadow.
Such an Extrovert in the comics! The film is a different story - he seems a lot more withdrawn. I'm not sure if that's down to the actor or director though. I think that ties in pretty well to TheOwl saying he was like their INFP friend, 'cause he's such an ENFP in the comics!

Plus, isn't there that whole 'withdrawn extrovert' thing? He seems to spend nearly all his time with people in both the film and the comic, so surely he's not an introvert? He's always active and doing things, never really sitting and thinking... he almost seems stereotypically extroverted. Extroverts can be shy too.

On the subject of the film being for kids - my mum watched it and thought it was great. And she's totally not into that sort of thing (she doesn't read comics or play videogames). My thought is that's more like a modern sci-fi/surrealist 'art' style film than something from 2001.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Such an Extrovert in the comics! The film is a different story - he seems a lot more withdrawn. I'm not sure if that's down to the actor or director though. I think that ties in pretty well to TheOwl saying he was like their INFP friend, 'cause he's such an ENFP in the comics!

Plus, isn't there that whole 'withdrawn extrovert' thing? He seems to spend nearly all his time with people in both the film and the comic, so surely he's not an introvert? He's always active and doing things, never really sitting and thinking... he almost seems stereotypically extroverted. Extroverts can be shy too.

On the subject of the film being for kids - my mum watched it and thought it was great. And she's totally not into that sort of thing (she doesn't read comics or play videogames). My thought is that's more like a modern sci-fi/surrealist 'art' style film than something from 2001.
That's what I was thinking, because I'm an extravert but also can be very quiet around people, especially under stress (which Scott has alot of in the film and comics XD)
I heard lots of people liked it even if they didn't 'do' video games/comics and such. It was very nicely put together (I thought), kinda artsy but in a good way (not like certain French films that just make you confused and angry D:<)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I liked it and I'm not either in comics or videogames, while my friend who is immensely into all that hated it. My thought was then that the movie was a way to present this alternative lifestyle to those who prefer it "the Hollywood way".
Anyway, I found Scott admiring in his attempt to hit on Ramona so that was quite direct and non-shy. On the other hand, Michael Cera is always that shy character, so it is possibly just the actor influence.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Scott Pilgrim - ENFP

In the comics, he's an ambivert excited by new things and makes decisions without fully thinking things through. He has a bad memory (weak Si) and is often dreaming of things that could possibly happen and frequently zones out. He's kinda ditzy and awkward too. In the movies he's more of an INFP.

Ramona Flowers - ISFP

She's a loner and totally comfortable with this. She always changes up her hair because she's constantly trying to figure out who she is (Fi) and does not reveal her emotions all that much. She's so guarded and mysterious because she's been through a lot in her life. She lets this affect her emotionally. So she's either an ISFP or an unhealthy ISTP. I don't see any Ti/Fe going on in Ramona.

Wallace Wells - ENTJ

I don't see anything else in Wallace besides the dominant Te and occasional Ni. Most of the characters in Scott Pilgrim are too inconsistent and are too neutral to type. All the characters, for the most part, are drawn the same too.

Knives Chau - E*F*

Stephen Stills - ISTJ???

Kim Pine - ISTP

Young Neil - INFP

Envy Adams - Creepy ass ESFJ

Stacey Pilgrim - *NT*

Julie Powers - ENFJ

If I'm wrong, then everyone in this book is a socially awkward ENFP lol

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Scott is definitely an ENFP. (I've been told numerous times that I'm just like that)
However I have questions about Ramona being an I: she says that she lives in the moment, doesn't plan and likes to change as much as she can. Is this something an introvert would do or say? She seems introverted though, but that may only be her feelings.
Which leads me to type her as an INTJ, since it's pretty clear that she's a rational and somewhat detached, and INTJ's are Fi and Se, so that may explain her desire to ever change.
The others I don't know that well, but there are a lot of extraverts, Knives, Wallace, Envy, and almost all the exes. Really this movies is like going out somewhere.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ramona says she lives in the moment and doesn't plan for the future, but my read of the movie is that she's not exactly being honest about that--she's using that as a defense to keep people (Scott) away from her. She comes across as a very independent character who's unwilling to be tied down. She actually isn't really spontaneous--she changes her hair color regularly, not on a whim, for example. That's in line with what I expect from an IxxP type--especially an unhealthy IP. My "Occam's Razor" typing of Ramona is INTP because I relate to her so much, but I can see a case for any IP type.

But I'm also one of the few who liked the way the movie ended (Knives never loved Scott, she was infatuated with him. It wasn't healthy at all. And frankly, I hope she'd have more respect than to be with someone who disrespected her like Scott did. I wasn't happy with Ramona in the final act--she needed more agency, but at least the relationship went both ways).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts