Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bored of bouncing around other threads for now. Time for one of my own!

So, where did the inspiration for your screen name come from? Is it deep and insightful? Perhaps it's part of an inside joke? Whatever it is, I want to know!

As for me-- I used to drink coffee as opposed to sleeping during my college years. After awhile, I became really pale and I got big bags around my eyes. My friends told me that I looked like a zombie. So I thought "Zombie boy? Zomboy". It has been main internet handle since.

Ready? Curiosity is GO!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I used my initials. Probably scores 0 points for creativity, huh?

Reactions: Zomboy

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've had mine for about 12 years now. I wanted something that reflected my delicate nature, something beautiful, but very unsuspecting. I fade into the background but for those that care to notice, I'm something special. It combined my love of the water, very liquid and beautifully flowing...with violets, something that reminded me of my grandmother and fond memories. Put them together and you have me, waterviolet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine means philosopher or teacher. My friends and even my acquaintances come to me for advice. Apparently I attract people who need counseling. I've been through enough and have learned a so much in my 28 years. I can't imagine what I'm going to learn or experience next. If by passing on that knowledge I can help one person then my life has meaning.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
712 Posts
My name is Kate. Some friends call me Katey. My best friend in school said a "kinz" after all his friend's names. Mine stuck because I used it for my first email address.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I used my initials. Probably scores 0 points for creativity, huh?
I used my first name and my age at the time. Not even my initials :unsure:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
It was at least 10 years ago, when I came up with 'ertertwert.' Looks like random letters? That's because it is! This was on the brink of the internet craze. Back when Hotmail was akin to gmail (everyone used it). You used to have to type in email addresses for EVERYTHING and then you would be flooded with spam. Also, they didn't check to see if you used real email addresses. So I would always type random letters like qwerty or asdfg etc. One time it came out as 'ertertwert' I was like "Hmm..." I liked it and have been using it ever since. It's probably linked to hundreds of accounts now. Even used it as my counterstrike name for about 8 years. It's my alter-ego now.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
The username I used to use for everthing was enialadam it is my name Madalaine written backwards. Basically at the time I couldn't come up with anything and I thought it made me sound like a magician or something.

Anyways just over a year ago I decided I needed a new name and Umbrellasky came to mind. It was only later that someone who had created a painting and wanted to name it Umbrellasky emailed me and asked if I minded. I was a bit surprised at her asking because I make no claim on the username...I don't have copyright lol and no one is allowed to use it. I guess she was just being polite because we watch each other on Deviantart and she didn't want me thinking she had stolen it from me or something...

So anyway it was then that she mentioned the Frank Sinatra song 'The Summer Winds' which feature the words Umbrella Sky and I suddenly realised where I got it from! I love that song!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
As boring as just a random word from the dictionary... :sad: Yes I'm trying to come up with a new, proper, username... :confused:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I adopted athix as my personal word a while ago, and John Athix is simply a play on the generic "John Smith" so I find it an amusing user/fake-name.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I was wearing a necklace of a silver filigree butterfly. I thought...filigree sounds nice, all lacy and declicate, but alone it sounds too prissy and fanciful. Dreamer is wistful, and more of a strong broud word, to go with the detailed and delicate one I already had, and it adds balence.

I thought, it's a perfect INFJ name...sort of wistful.

Then I spelt Filigree wrong, :tongue: because I do things like that due to the dyslexia. *shakes fist at it*

Filigee feels more playful and warm, it's a bright little made up word, a little childish. I like that more, plus it's really funny I spelt it wrong, so I guess it's a little in joke. (I was an overly poetic Filigree, but then I spelt it wrong, so you get this crazy imp instead) :crazy:

·
Registered
298 Posts
it's my pup's nickname. her full name is raja, because she looks like a tiger (aladdin, anyone?) ... i never liked dogs, but my boyfriend and i visited a pound in st louis, and there she was. she's a brindle akita/pit mix and easily the love of my life.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Err, I choose 'Gamine' when I was about 13 and wanted to get on MSN.
I went through the dictionary, looking for something and It was so apt.
Definitions
playful, naughty child.
An elfish young woman
A slim, often boyish, wide-eyed young woman who is, or is perceived to be, mischievous, teasing or sexually appealing.

Anyways I used that for most of my Internet and Gaming Nick.
As I grew older, I became more 'Girlie' Hence the addition of Girlie! so

GamineGirlie!! :tongue:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Similar to nicknames, does anyone else use a single name in all of their video games? I always name my main character Arturos. And if it's an MMORPG it becomes Arturos Sorutra. lol

·
Registered
303 Posts
Then I spelt Filigree wrong, :tongue: because I do things like that due to the dyslexia. *shakes fist at it*

Filigee feels more playful and warm, it's a bright little made up word, a little childish. I like that more, plus it's really funny I spelt it wrong, so I guess it's a little in joke. (I was an overly poetic Filigree, but then I spelt it wrong, so you get this crazy imp instead) :crazy:
LOL - When I was first reading your post I kept stopping and looking at your user name to the left to make sure my eyes weren't making the "r" up. Awesome, I love it!!!

Mine's because I'm *that* person who just laughs out loud, no restraint. I know it isn't always appropriate & can be annoying. But, it's the one thing I won't excuse myself on, so I tried to think of a "positive" spin on outbursts of loud laughing (annoying or not) to make it even less likely that I want to apologize about it. And then I remembered, that at my great grandma's funeral they had said that you could always find her by following the cackling of her laughter. I remembered that far from annoying me, it "brightened" my day no matter how bad. So, there you have it.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
zwanglos [pronounced ts-vAHng-low-ss']

[German] zwang + los

'zwang' ~ coercian, restraint, compulsion, bondage etc.
'-los' ~ suffix roughly corresponding to the English suffix '-less' of prefix 'un-'

zwanglos ~ unconstrained, unconventional, unfettered, limitless, free, etc.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts