Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admittedly don't have a complete understanding of Extroverted Sensing and Introverted Intuition.

Is makeup a Se thing? I ask because, while I'm not a makeup artist or expert, I wear a full face of makeup, including fake lashes, almost every day. Every day I'm out and about I have it on. I only skip out when I'm staying home.

Most girls I know with no/low Se wear very little makeup, none at all, or sloppily-applied makeup. Meanwhile, other SPs I know are also very into makeup and decently good at it.

So is it an Se thing? I know it's individual and whatever, but are those with high Se more likely to wear lots of makeup?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
The past few years, I've taken to makeup. Though I've always had an inclination to be focused on my appearance as a part of who I am and how others perceive me-- so in short, it's important to me that I look good.

Reactions: Miss Basura

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Well, I'm more into skincare more than makeup.

Every morning :
Hydraulic acid mild facial wash
Organic / natural toner
Organic / natural (because i don't fukin know the difference lol) milk lotion
Cc cream with no fukin harsh chemicals and shit

Then evening :
Oil cleanser
Tea trea oil facial wash
Organic/natural toner
Special gel (organic/natural) cream with oil
Horse oil ( i swear this is the best)

Then i exfoliate with no harsh chemical water mild like peeler every 5 days. I used to wear masks before every week. But i think i don't need it because of the special fukin gel that's like 5 in 1.

And yes, I'm really fukin conscious of how i look.

Well, actually i always go for natural look. Rather than heavy makeup.. Because i wanna be seen us pretty without the makeup. Hahahahahha xD

·
Registered
507 Posts
I use Se and I like makeup. For me it's about knowing how to enhance my features, I tend towards golds and corals and taupes. I guess those with strong Se would naturally be better at noticing details like eye colour and skin tone to know what looks good in terms of makeup. I so often see girls with light cool skin tones in med-deep rust colours and I just want to give them a soft pink lipstick :L

·
Registered
553 Posts
(ISTP here)
I am good at make-up, but I rarely wear it; it's usually a matter of lack of time or laziness (I have to wake up early most mornings so I'm not really in the mood, not so mention that I'm often late, ooor I just don't want to put make-up on).
I usually wear it on particular occasions (like parties or sometimes when I go out in the evening), or even on a normal day if I just feel like it. I'm pretty good at it though, so much that people have asked me some tips.
I usually opt for a minimal make-up though (just eyeliner and lip gloss or eyeshadow and lip gloss), unless it's a very particular occasion (like getting ready for a photoset).

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,557 Posts
I only wear makeup when not around family, to try and look my best. At home, I don't wear makeup. I also don't wear makeup to go grocery shopping and stuff.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm really artistic but I never took to makeup. I think people look prettier without it. I don't really care if people can see my eyebags or spots. I want to present my real self to others, spots and all. That being said, I'm not even 20 yet. My mind may change by the time I'm 40 but I highly doubt it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like to look as good as I can everyday, basically.
If you put it like that, I wouldn't say wearing make-up is an Se thing. Because not everyone will use make up in order to look as good as possible. I wouldn't wear make-up everyday, if I wouldn't have a lot of acne to cover up, because actually I like the way my bare face looks (minus the acne ofc :D). Among my extended friend circle, there are only 2 people, who are into beauty. One has probably a dom or aux Se function, but the other girl... I am not sure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It seems like wearing makeup for the art of it is a very Se thing, maybe Fe, too (I mean the combination thereof). I had a beauty blog for a while and wore a lot for the sake of writing about it, but once I lost interest in blogging, I reverted to a pretty basic routine of mascara, powder, and lipstick. I'll do liquid liner or shadows of some sort on rare occasion. I accumulated a few eyeshadow palettes during my blogging days and they're too pretty/expensive/unused to destash, lol.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I would wear makeup often, but (1) I can't afford it and (2) I have sensitive skin. Instead I just wear it when I'm going out, which is just a few times a month.

The reason I'd wear it is for the same reason some people have a certain style when dressing themselves; I feel that the makeup I wear says something about me. I rarely just wear it to look 'pretty.' If I wanna look spookier, I'll wear a dark lip (and I wanna eventually learn how to do a better smokey eye.) If I'm feeling badass, I'll wear a more red lipstick.

When it comes to other women, my opinion is the same; I really enjoy seeing women who look "different" with their makeup. For example, this Youtuber "It's Black Friday" who is obviously beautiful but uses her makeup to make a statement:

Though the goal isn't to simply look pretty, I admit that I also like giving the idea that my skin is flawless and that my eyes are naturally more wide, even though that's not the case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts