Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help understanding how I use Se and Ni, so do you guys think you could describe how you experience Se and Ni every day?

I think I may have overly developed Ni or neglected Se because I seem very doubtful and skeptical compared to the typical ISFP, and I often test as an intuitive on those preference tests... which are completely wrong to be honest but still.

If any of you have ideas how Se/Ni differences from Ne/Si too, I'd be grateful. 'Cause I've been talking with a Ne/Si user about this and we've both described ourselves very similarly... it's confusing.

Reactions: AbioticPrime

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'll try to explain using my understanding and how I perceive myself through the days: With Se I build up patterns. I notice things as they are in the tangible world: objects, shapes, colours, sounds, smells -- all kind of data, that will mostly get in exactly how it is in the tangible world; unlike an Ne user who might twist the data and see firstly A pattern and then will have to break it down into pieces to actually know what the pattern consists. What is vs. What might.

I'm very visual, and it's hard for me to look at things and find underlying meanings without seeking it. By default I'll perceive a picture as it is, and then if I find it something worth looking further, I try to find meaning within in. I think Ni kicks in here to connect it with what I perceive as meaningful and attach it to it to make me find what it is I'm looking for.

Now, I believe Ni is acting as my perceiving filter and my direct connection beyond the tangible world. It completes the missing data, it enables me to make connections and come up with new abstract ideas, it catches what I don't pay attention to and throw it into my mind to enable me to continue with what I'm doing without stopping (in example, I can read and lose concentration while keeping reading, noticing I didn't get any data in because of it, but still manage to understand what I just read because Ni did catch it). It tells me within action or afterwards whether I didn't get it right or there's more to add. After each post I write, Ni tells me whether I wrote it okay/wrong or there's something to edit. It's ironic, since I actually edit this actual thought at the moment, and Ni just told me it's ironic that it's ironic that it's ironic that it's ironic... *SYSTEM FAILURE*.

I'm more confident in my train of thought. More metaphorical. More capable of catching and building system of thoughts. When in solitude with my eyes closed, I get to alot of Ah-ah! moments, because Se is minimized while Ni is maximized.

Around here, I tend to use my Se-Ni to build up patterns and get whole new perspectives on the MBTI and Enneagram, and connect it to my understanding of human nature through spiritual speculation and psychology material that I gathered up in my Psychology studying. I notice how people write, their avatars, signatures, content, posts count/thanks ratio, moods etc', using Se (Though there's lot to do with 6w5 and Social variant; those two actually push me to gather up this data (I guess I used Ni to come to this conclusion)), and then connecting it all together into new insights using Ni. Just recently I came up with a whole new theory just based on patterns that I found out on members around here. This also makes me a pretty decent typer in the sense of knowing who doesn't fit a certain type, just based on perception.

I'm not too familiar with Si, but what I do know is that Si is past oriented while Se is present oriented. With Ne-Si, I think that you make sense out of your patterns by connecting it to past experiences/sensations; you filter all of that possibilities and keep the ones that have actual tangibility. A knowledgeable INFP will do more justice to this paragraph.

Hope that helped!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I need a little help understanding how I use Se and Ni, so do you guys think you could describe how you experience Se and Ni every day?

I think I may have overly developed Ni or neglected Se because I seem very doubtful and skeptical compared to the typical ISFP, and I often test as an intuitive on those preference tests... which are completely wrong to be honest but still.

If any of you have ideas how Se/Ni differences from Ne/Si too, I'd be grateful. 'Cause I've been talking with a Ne/Si user about this and we've both described ourselves very similarly... it's confusing.
Maybe you're a type 6 (Enneagram) ISFP. That might explain the skeptical nature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts