Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Intuitives

Votes: 2 25.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hah. I caught your eye with the words theoretical and debate!

My fellow ENFPs, I have noticed that most of the time, sensors are much better at physical tasks.
They tend to keep in shape, like sports, and dislike theories and what not. So this makes me wonder.

Video games are physical, who would be better? A sensor or an intuitive?
Se/Si vs. Ne/Ni...I really don't know what wins!

So, tell me. Who is naturally better? I'd suggest looking at pro players for games and go from there.

My bets are ISTJs would destroy at games the most if they like them.

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I voted Ne just to balance out the poll. Point being, it depends upon the type of game. I think that's all there is to say about this topic: depends upon the game. There are plenty of strategy and puzzle games, for example, that would be in the realm of intuition; and there would be plenty of FPS that would require sensing. I play FPS and strategy games, so it doesn't matter that much, but theoretically...

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Se. For strategy Ne isn't ideal either. Maybe except for zerg-style combat.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
I watched the documentary The King of Kong recently. About old school arcade gamers competing for the Donkey Kong record. That shit is so hard. Much different than video games today. The top guy said Donkey Kong is "pure brutality", most games last less than a minute. I became interested, and wanted to see how true that was. Found a way to play it online, and he was right. Too hard. Too unforgiving. No time for that shit. It is like like pure hand eye coordination, concentration, etc. Hours of play. No mistakes.

I think Ti is wrongly associated with math and that sort of thing. It is Te that is better at mastering those systems. Like chess players too.

The two guys going for the record were both Te and Fi users. I think the really smug guy is an ESTJ, who I will show a video of, and the other guy is an SFP. The SFP is also a baseball pitcher and artist, he is just good with his hands.

and I like this pic:

Text Font Illustration Parallel Diagram

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to clarify! I was thinking professional games such as: League of Legends, DoTA 2, CoD, Starcraft 2, etc. Games that require both strategy and quick thinking. Intuitives rule at chess, sensors rule at old school games.

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know if people in this thread understand the differences between tactics and strategy. Tactics are immediate, here-and-now methods; strategy is future implementation of a method. Sensors respond faster to the present moment, and intuitives focus on the future. Obviously, games that require speed would be more suited to sensors, especially fighting games like Soul Caliber and Super Smash Bros.; intuitives are more suited to games that require seeing patterns, like in chess or Civilization 3. That said, I enjoy fighting games, but I prefer something with more substance to it. A perfect game for me is Shenmue, in that it has the benefits of an RPG and a fighting game. It's got good balance.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
xSTP

Reactions: Illuzio571

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
In RPGs, strategy games, etc they are equal. In shooters and stuff Se is better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.